• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 5,909 Views, 129 Comments

Love Knows No Bounds - Autum Breeze



Rose Aphid has received a second chance, but the snow storm is making it seemed worthless

  • ...
33
 129
 5,909

Chapter 7- Pure Love

A Home for the Homeless

Chapter 7

Pure Love

_____________________________________________________________________

Rose opened her eyes. She was standing in a desert she remembered all too well.

She had walked through this desert after being exiled from the hive.

Her legs were shaking and she found it hard to stand.

Celestia had just banished her, just like she had Rose’s ancestor.

Now Rose had nowhere to go at all. She was exiled from the hive and now she was banished from Equestria. Where did she have to go now?

No, she told herself, shaking her head. You’re not giving up. Mommy loves you, you know she does. And you will be with her again.

She looked around at the empty desert. All she had to do was go in the opposite direction as the sun. As long as she did that, she’d eventually find her way home. Even if Celestia had banished her, she was her mother’s daughter, not Celestia’s. Celestia could not keep them apart.

The journey would be a very long one, but she had just restocked her mother’s love only this morning while her mother had still been asleep. It would be able to sustain her for at least a month. Plenty of time to find her mother again.

Taking a deep breath Rose started in the opposite direction to the sun, determined to find her way home to her mother.

_____________________________________________________________________

“Rose?” Twilight shouted into the sand storm raging around her magic shield. “Rose, can you hear me? Where are you? It’s Mommy! Please, tell me where you are!”

It had been hours since Twilight had teleported away from the barn and reappeared in the desert.

She’d tried to follow the teleportation line Celestia had used on Rose, but it had stopped abruptly and she’d appeared alone in the Waste Lands, with Rose nowhere in sight.

She had been searching ever since, using her magic to try and sense Rose’s presence.

She didn’t care that Rose was a changeling. Did parents that adopt foals care if the foal they chose isn’t the same race as them? Did parents care if their children were born a different race than them?

No. It wouldn’t have mattered if Rose were a manticore, Twilight still loved her; she was her daughter and nothing and no pony, not even Celestia could change that.

Twilight called out again, this time sending a wave of her love out with a burst of magic. If Rose was nearby, she’d sense it and head in the direction it came from.

_____________________________________________________________________

Rose struggled to keep her eyes open as the winds whipped around her.

It would be dark in an hour and she had been about to try and find shelter and continue looking for Equestria tomorrow when she sensed it. Her mother’s love.

Forgetting all thoughts of finding shelter, Rose had headed towards the direction she’d sensed her mother’s love coming from.

Her mother was out here, looking for her. That was proof Celestia was wrong. They’d be together even if it meant being in exile together. even in exile, as long as they had each other, that was good enough. they could be happy.

Suddenly she heard something. A buzzing sound. A sound she knew all too well.

The buzz of a changeling’s wings. But there was more than one. There were three at least.

Rose was about to turn another way, to try and avoid her former family, when a scream came from within the wind.

The scream rooted her to the spot. It was her mother’s scream.

Rose’s ignored all rational thought, the green aura of her magic glowing above her forehead.

There was an enormous flash of green magic and the sand storm vanished.

With the air now clear, off in the distance, Rose could see three black things attacking something purple.

Rose opened her wings, leaped into the air and bulleted towards her destination.

_____________________________________________________________________

There was a purple flash and the changeling that had just attacked her recoiled, then sneered.

Twilight grimaced. The changelings had taken her off-guard. She had used a lot of magic to get to the Waste Lands the way she did and she’d been using her magic to try and let Rose know where she was.

This being the case, when the changelings had attacked, she had been taken by surprise and was already low on magic.

Each changeling licked their lips. She knew they recognized her. She knew they planned to take her back to the hive and have her feed all the changelings until she had nothing left to give.

Twilight staggered as the three changelings advanced and fell to the ground.

She couldn’t fight them. She’d used up too much magic trying to find Rose.

She’d never see her daughter of her friends again. Her last moments would be spent feeding the creatures that had tried to turn Equestria into their personal feeding grounds.

There was a flash of green light that blinded Twilight.

“Leave my mommy alone!”

Twilight’s eyes widened as she stared at the being that had dropped from the sky in front of her. Rose.

She wanted so much to hug her daughter then and there, to hold her close, but was too weak to do more than watch as her little filly stood her ground against her own kind.

_____________________________________________________________________

Rose glared at the three changelings. No pony hurt her mommy. Not even her former family.

One of the changelings, the one to the far left frowned. “She’s one of us.”

“Why would she protect a pony?” the one to the far right said, raising what would have been an eyebrow, if changelings had eyebrows.

The one in the middle snarled. “She’s an outcast. She wants to keep the pony all to herself.”

“Wrong, bug-face,” Rose snarled, her form returning to that of a changeling, her horn glowing with a fierce light. “This pony’s my mommy and you. Won’t. Hurt her!”

There was an enormous flash of green light as Rose dug into the reserves of her mother’s love.

The light grew brighter and brighter.

The changelings cowered, the light blinding them, the intensity of the magic scaring them.

“NOW LEAVE US ALONE!” Rose’s voice boomed, followed by an enormous explosion that sounded like ten sonic booms at the same time.

When the dust settled several minutes later, the changelings were gone, a huge crater in the sand where they had all been all that was left.

_____________________________________________________________________

Twilight stared at the changeling in front of her.

There was a flash of green light and the changeling returned to her Rose.

“Rose?”

Rose turned to her, tears in her eyes.

The two embraced, crying into each other, never wanting to let the other go.

Though she was weak from using so much of her magic, Twilight managed to sit up and hold her daughter close.

“I thought I’d never see you again,” she whispered, burying her face in Rose’s mane.

“Mommy!” was all Rose could manage as she sobbed into Twilight’s chest.


After several minutes, Twilight felt strong enough to stand again.

The two released each other and stood, smiling at each other. Even if she had to be exiled too, Twilight was going to remain with Rose. Nothing would stop that.

A flash of golden light made Twilight’s heart stop and Rose shriek with fear and hide behind Twilight’s legs.

Celestia stood in front of them, her face a mixture of sadness and rage.

“What do you want?” Twilight demanded, bracing herself. If she had to fight her mentor to save her daughter, she would do it.

A fear tears slid down Celestia’s cheeks. “I’m sorry, Twilight. She has poisoned your mind. You do not love her.”

“Yes, I do!” Twilight shouted, her face flushing with anger. “She’s my daughter, Celestia and nothing you nor anypony or anything in this entire world can change that.”

Celestia’s sadness turned to determination. “As long as she is around you won’t believe a word I say. The only way to make you see reason is if her hold on your mind is gone.”

“What’re you—?”

Twilight couldn’t finish, Celestia’s horn glowing with light.

“NO!”

To Twilight’s horror, Rose leaped in front of her and fired a huge surge of magic at Celestia.

Celestia, not missing a beat, fired her own spell.

The two beams smashed into each other. For several moments neither budged, both of equal power. Twilight’s love was giving Rose more power than she’d thought.

“Celestia!” Twilight cried, her voice no longer angry, but filled with desperate panic. “Please, stop!”

Twilight lit her own horn and tried to move her daughter away, to stop her being in danger.

This cause Rose’s magic to falter, ever so slightly and Celestia took the chance, increasing her magic tenfold.

The magical energy slammed into Rose, who flew backward, knocking Twilight back as a bright light blinded them all.


When her eyesight returned, Twilight was lying on the ground.

She got up slowly and looked around.

Celestia stood a few feet away, panting slightly.

Twilight smirked at this. Celestia should have known but then to underestimate her... her...

“Rose?” Twilight looked around, but there was no sign of her daughter. “Rose!”

“Twilight... she’s gone.”

Twilight stood still for several moments, her back to the voice from behind her. Then, she slowly turned her head back to glare at her former teacher and said just six words.

“You are dead to me, Celestia.”

With that, she extended her wings and flew off into the sky, a few tears streaming behind her and landing at the princess's hooves.

_____________________________________________________________________

Celestia just stood where she was, tears streaming down her face.

Again. She had done it again.

Only this time it was worse, so much worse

If Twilight had turned into something like Nightmare Moon, she might have found a way to solve this, like she had with Luna.

But those words... they cut into Celestia’s very soul, tore at it, ripping it to shreds.

She fell to her haunches and sobbed like a little filly.

Author's Note:

chapter 7's done. just the epilogue to go.

i know, huge right?

Now i know what you're all thinking, that was the big surprise. WRONG!

if you want to know what the big surprise is, you'll have to wait for the Epilogue.

by the way, i apologize if this seems rushed, but this is how i heard the chapter go in my head.

stay tuned, the final part is on it's way