• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 2,156 Views, 40 Comments

Flight of a Pet - Ponyess



I wanted a pet, and awesome pet. The only option is Fluttershy; so I asked her, and she agreed. I slipped the Collar around her neck and the change commenced. She's now officially my pet, for as long as she wears my collar.

  • ...
29
 40
 2,156

The Acquisition: 1

Author's Note:

Rainbow Dash's POV

She had mentioned she wanted to be; or become a tree for as long as I could remember, or at least while we both lived in Ponyville.

Then I had asked her on occasion; if there was anything else, she could consider being.

She had apparently entertained a notion of the Deer; since she saw one in the forest, next to where she lives. Maybe I could have pushed her just a little bit further on this; but since she's shy, I guess it just didn't come to the foreground.

Then the subject of pets had come up and she mentioned, she could help me finding one; she had shown me about everything there is available around here.

It had included among other things a Bat, and I had pointed out that I found it cool.

Maybe I never asked, but she never said or did anything to make me drop the idea; then I got wind of Pinkie Pie dealing in Pet collars on the side. I guess it is a means of keeping Ponies happy?

Since Fluttershy is and has always been my friend, I had mentioned this to her. How could I have kept quiet, about a detail like this? I had noticed that she had been excited as I told her. I had detailed out a few suggestions, as to my ideas and she had nodded vigorously at the Deer and the Bat. With that; I had gotten around to inquire if Pinkie Pie by any chance could help me, so that we could allow Fluttershy to try it out?

Pinkie Pie had promised that the collar could be removed by me, and that all changes would revert within minutes; that is what sold the idea to me. I had hinted this to Fluttershy, just waiting for the collar to be delivered.

I had managed to buy the collar, which was the first step in acquiring a pet. It is the sign of who is owning the pet, after all. Besides, I wanted to make it all by the book. I just need to find myself the perfect pet; since it would be just so cool. If she agreed, it would be awesome.


Hi Flutters. How're you doing?” I asked.

Hi, Dashie. I'm doing fine, and you?” Flutter whispered in her usual manner of shyness.

Quite well, as it turned out. This is in a sense why I would like to ask you a somewhat different question!” I responded.

A different question, what is it?” she whispered.

You see, Pinkie Pie managed to acquire a special pet collar for me to have a pet. Now I wonder if you'd like to be my pet?” I asked, feeling a bit embarrassed over the subject.

A pet? Since you're asking me so kindly, I guess I could give it a try. If I am as awesome a pet as I know you're looking for, I would do it for you!” she replied.

I slip the shiny black collar out from inside my saddle bag, allowing Shy to see it.

I hope it feels good for you since you're going to wear it most of the day, if you agree to my proposition!” I told her.

She hesitantly accepted the thick rubber collar, holding it in her hands; looking curiously at it as she felt it under her delicate miniature finger hooves for a long while, just standing here as she examined what she was holding in her hands.

Will you help me putting it on, and will you take it off in the night?” she inquired, in a more nervous tone of voice than was her common shy.

Of course, Flutters. I'll help you put it on, just as I'll help you taking it of in the night!” I assured her.

Then help me put it on, so I can experience it, in order for me to be your pet!” she whispered in a shivering voice; filled with anxiety and excitement, all at the same time.

I accepted the collar back, then holding it in both my hands as I lift it over her head, slowly slipping it down over her neck. As it is just an inch over her shoulders I placed the miniature hoof of my right hand on the small and almost unnoticed mark, causing it to contract around her neck, making it impossible to lift off without the print of my thumb.

The first actual change to her is the mane and tail slowly turning a bright, vibrant and iridescent cerise; as opposed to the weak pink they had been before. Her wings soon followed suit in changing hue, before they turned into bat wings.

Awesome!” I pronounced; as I saw the changes coming over her, hoping I wasn't startling her.

I knew I had to slip the collar off of her each and every night. Not so much because I had promised her, but because she would be missed. Even if the promise is more important to me; but if Ponies were starting to look for her, she would be missed by many and her critters do require her assistance on a daily basis.

Strange, all of a sudden I felt inclined to go down on ll fours, like the critters I'm caring for!” Fluttershy squeaked in a strange, but excited voice; not quite hers.

A pet is on all fours and you are becoming a pet!” I told her.

Uh, yes. I'm your pet now. I guess it does make sense, as you pointed it out!” she squeaked.

Her hind legs were growing thinner, into what could only be taken for the delicate legs of a Deer and the hooves changed to match; while her arms soon had changed the same way. In about a hoof full minutes, she was standing perfectly steady as a Deer, but with her new cerise bat wings folded on her back. Her tail had also changed into that of the Deer she had become.

Now I slipped the wristwatch onto my right arm, before I pushed a small button on the right side. As I did so, I could clearly see her hooves start to glister, as if I had been polishing them.

I reach out my hand; petting her on the head, where she stood beside me. This was going to be the most awesome pet ever.

We could as well start, by stretching our wings?” I said.

Yes. I'd need that!” she squeaked happily, nodding her head excitedly in anticipation.

--- --- ---