• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 2,157 Views, 40 Comments

Flight of a Pet - Ponyess



I wanted a pet, and awesome pet. The only option is Fluttershy; so I asked her, and she agreed. I slipped the Collar around her neck and the change commenced. She's now officially my pet, for as long as she wears my collar.

  • ...
29
 40
 2,157

Stretching My Wings: 2

Author's Note:

Flutter Shy's POV

I had just found a new sense of freedom as a pet. I knew Dash would defend me before; only now this had been reinforced into certainty, beyond my recognition.

Furthermore, all the old doubts had been cast before the four winds. Done for and out of my mind. I love how it feels.

I never really had felt the collar in the first place. There is merely the dim presence of the tight rubber of a collar around my neck, but it doesn't bother me at all. It is what linked me to her, what made me feel so good too.

Time for your first flight!” Dash pronounced, with happy glee to her voice.

In a sense she is right, I never have taken flight; it isn't me, that was the Pony known as Fluttershy.

Yes!” I nodded; as I unfold my wings, stretching them a few times before I stretched them out fully in order to make the leap.

As I leapt up with fully open wings, then beating down the clear air as I was on the top of my leap, feeling the air falling away under me. Then I look down, casting a glance at my owner who stood where she had been as I took off. I could see her smiling, I like the smile on her face.

A Moment later, she leaps up into the air and bang the air down; following me away from the ground. Being Dash, she knew full well she could keep up with me; since I never was the strong flyer she is. Although I'm a pet bat now, in a Deer form. I have no idea how it will affect my flying, even if I imagine it does affect me in general.

After a minute, I had gotten well above the treetops; then started to pick up speed, I feel eager to have a good flight. It isn't just how good the air feels under my wings; but also the freedom she had just handed over to me, as if it had been a mere birthday gift?

I feel a thrill, flying over Ponyville in my new form. In a way I am excited over having them see my flight as I passed over their heads. If it is directly linked to the new form as a pet, or if it is the slight confusion from not being recognized instantly. It isn't as if they were looking for a Deer with bat wings, knowing it was Fluttershy. Even if they had known I'm Dash's pet.

Once I had passed the village, I pick up more speed and climb further up in order to explore my new self; I want to see just how much I could do.

I noticed Dash flying up on my right, slowly sliding further and further to the side. I choose to let her, as if it had been my choice and decision to let her fly away from me.

At the height I'm on, it soon got clear to me that she had desired to see where my limits were; so she was on the path towards what almost certainly had to take her to the Rainboom, but I had never had a chance to get close to it. Everyone knew Dash is the only one who had made it. I have no chance to even approach it.

Feeling the freedom of air whistling past in ever greater speed as I keep flying faster and higher. Is it only my fear and anxiety that had held me back, or are my wings faster and stronger than they had been as late as the day before? I know I could be a fast flyer when I needed to be; just like at the time when I had helped Dash to manage the Hurricane in order to send water to Cloudsdale, when it was her duty to send water for coming rain. Just like I could bring forth the courage to stare down the meanest of Dragons, if my friends or critters had been.

I noticed she was starting to slip away from me, knowing I just couldn't quite keep up with her, but it wasn't bothering me just yet. Knowing she wouldn't just leave me behind, I felt no reason to fear.

Looking down, I noticed it was farther than I had dared to hope. The air had started to both look and feel thin at this point, and is a considerably deeper blue than I had ever seen it.

I had no idea we had gotten quite this far away from where we had set off, but I suddenly had a nagging sensation; indicating she had flown further away from me than my comfort could allow. Only there is no way for me to do anything about it since I'm flying as fast as I could. Then I felt something change, just before I saw the Rainboom; mere miles ahead of me, just before I felt the wave of air hitting me from the actual effect of her performing the Rainboom. Had I been my old self; it should have knocked me down, or I fear it would have; now I managed to ride it out, even if it was barely manageable.

About a minute after the boom she turned back towards me and we flew back home. Just how long we had been away I only noticed, as we set hoof on the ground, just outside of the village. This is also when I realised what had been the strange feeling I had had as Dash was too far away from me. I had apparently been stretching the distance she had set for me.

We trotted back to my cottage, the critters needed to be fed. We stopped, only once we are in eye-shot of my home.

It's time for you to care for the critters and you need to do it as your old self, as cool as you are as my pet. You're a cool pet, but not just because you're my pet, but for whom you are!” Dash spoke; as she placed her hands on my collar, placed her thumb on the mark and slipped it off of my neck.

The changes slowly reversed; one by one in the order it had come over me, only in reverse.