• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 3,022 Views, 32 Comments

Angel of Nature - Shadowfire Angel



Everfree, Angel of Nature, has overstepped his bounds and was to be banished to Earth, but not everything is what it seems...instead, he is sent to Equis to deal with problems that have been arising.

  • ...
14
 32
 3,022

Overstepping Bounds

Angel of Nature Ch 1

"Everfree, you know what you did was out of line."

Said person named Everfree was standing in front of an Angel, or more specifically, the Archangel. He had down something that was sworn by many Angels never to do.

He interfered with the natural selection of life.

You see, while Everfree is an Angel, he's more specifically know as the Angel of Nature and he was charged with watching over all over nature on many worlds, whether those worlds were hostile towards him or not.

Recently, he was on a planet known as Earth. He was wondering the wilds or more specifically, the mountains, making sure all wildlife was fine and if anything was coming close to extinction as it was one of his powers. He had come across a den of winter wolves who were the last of their race of wolves.

Now he knew better than to interfere with the natural selection of life but he had experienced species of life going into extinction one too many time and could not let it happen to these wolves. So he called upon his magic and from the snow beneath him, created a few packs of winter wolves so they called mate and expand their numbers once again.

By doing this, he had practically voided his oath of never interfering with the way life is suppose to go, and now here he is, in front of the Archangel himself. He knew he has put the Archangel in a tough position as the two are close friends and have been that way for many centuries.

"Is it not my job to watch over all of nature on a planet?" Everfree asked calmly.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you mess up the planets natural course of life." The Archangel replied, equally as calm but on the inside he was conflicting and was at a impasse.

"I know that, I'm tired of watching race after race find away from existence."

"That doesn't matter, you took the oath for crying out loud! What you did practically nullified that oath!"

Everfree sighed. He knew he was never going to get his point across. Not when Angels such as the Archangel or other fellow Angels couldn't see things from his point of view, if they did, the. They may understand better how it feels to watch race after race pass away from existence.

"If that's all you care about, then you have to banish me."

Even though he couldn't see it through the hood of the Archangel's cloak, he could tell that his eyes had widen is surprise. Under any normal circumstances, the Archangel would've already banished an Angel for breaking his or her oath, but these were no normal circumstances.

This was his friend and he honestly, despite his position, didn't want to have to use the power he had to banish his friend. However, there was a way around that...a way that could ensure his friend could survive to wherever he is sent...

"Very well, if that is what you want, banishment shall be the case."

The Archangel's hands glowed bright white, like what white hot metal would, and start chanting and incantation that only the Archangel and other higher power understood.

"Praeses, Alea, Fero"

As the Archangel finished his chanting, his hands dulled away to nothing briefly before he spoke.

"I, The Archangel, hereby banish the Angel of Nature to his last destination where he will live with the mortals. The Angel of Nature, Everfree, is to be sent to Earth."

As he finished talking he stepped forward and faced Everfree side on while thrusting his hand forward to which green aura-like tentacles shot a Everfree. They then wrapped around him and slowly pulled down through the ground.

"I wish you well in your journey, Everfree, Angel of Equis." The Archangel spoke softly.

Author's Note:

Okay, so this is going to my first story here and any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.