• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 3,022 Views, 32 Comments

Angel of Nature - Shadowfire Angel



Everfree, Angel of Nature, has overstepped his bounds and was to be banished to Earth, but not everything is what it seems...instead, he is sent to Equis to deal with problems that have been arising.

  • ...
14
 32
 3,022

Disaster Struck

Angel of Nature Ch 9

Everfree awoke feeling refreshed and was glad the night was through, considering he had a somewhat disturbing dream. He could tell someone was projecting themselves into his mind otherwise he wouldn't of experienced that.

He got out of bed and went to the bathroom to refresh himself and after a somewhat invigorating shower, he grabbed his bow, slung it across his shoulders and started waking the others up so that they could go for some breakfast.

They made their way through the halls of Canterlot Castle which was just as big as Everfree remembered and although they were cleared and deemed safe by Celestia, the Changelings were still somewhat hesitant to be in the castle.

They approached the doors that would lead them to the dinning hall and two unicorn guards situated outside opened the doors with their magic to allow the group of four through. The Royal Sisters were already present and waiting for others to turn up. Cadence and Shining were also there.

They dispersed themselves around the table, with Aleera staying by Everfree's side, and took a seat. The Changelings were still hesitant to be in the presence of both sisters and the two ponies that expelled them from the castle with their love.

"Calm yourselves," Celestia began with a smile, noting the Changelings hesitance, "Everfree has assured me you have no malicious intentions towards us and so I'm allowing you here."

Changelings nodded in response and eased a little but were still very edgy. Celestia could only sigh as she noticed but she understood well why they were like that.

Silence permeated the room while they waited for the Element Bearers to arrive so that could begin breakfast and talk about upcoming things, such as Chrysalis possibly attacking Canterlot again, however, there was a more dangerous threat then Chrysalis that was to come but he wasn't ready yet...no not yet...

Minutes later, Twilight and her friends entered the room and took their place in the remaining seats, then once were all settled, they began to have their breakfast and conversed with those around them, Aleera just sat Everfree's side and remained silent as she had no real reason to speak up.

Many topics were thrown back and forth between the groups and the Changelings, though slowly but surely, adjusted and were soon relaxed and conversing openly with the other ponies and not just Everfree, who was happy that the Changelings had adapted to being in the presence of not just two Alicorns, but four Alicorns!

One topic that was what happened to Everfree during his time on Earth, so he gave them the same story he told the others, not leaving a single detail out. They all gave him their undivided attention while asking a question or two here and there.


Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Magic, had been totally engrossed in Everfree's story and seemed to paying attention the most. She could've swore she caught herself sighing a few times, but not just a normal sigh, a dreamy kind of sigh.

When he was finished though, she was quick to ask a few questions...well maybe more then a few and the eagerness in her voice caused of them to smile knowingly on the inside or raise a curious eyebrow at her, even Everfree seemed a bit skeptic about her eagerness but brushed it off as nothing.

Out of them all, Cadence, Rarity and Fluttershy seemed to have a rough idea what was going through Twilight's head, Cadence more so then the others, being the Princess of Love and all.

They soon all dispersed from the dining room and what their daily business but staying vigilant as they knew that Chrysalis could attack at anytime, but of course, she had time to waste. She wanted make the ponies feel as if they were secure then strike when they least expected it.


Everfree stood on a balcony in castle and looked across Canterlot. Ponies moved about minding their own business and being the same stuck up nobles that they think they are. Everfree scoffed and turned away before leaning against the railing.

Not much had happened since he had come back to Equestria expect for the fact that Chrysalis could attack Canterlot and that she had invaded his dreams to scare the living day lights our of him.

Everfree shivered.

He could still hear the music and song in his head...they haunted him to no end.

With a sigh, he turned around and jumped of the balcony while spreading his wings, a good flight should do him good was a thought running through his head. So with no particular destination in mind, Everfree took to the skies and just flew around casually.


Down below, in the streets of Canterlot or more accurately an alleyway, a pair of eyes watched the Angel of Nature jump off the balcony and start flying. Now that he had left the safety of Canterlot Castle, he was an easy target.

With a wry smile, the creature followed the Angel from the ground and just before the creature left the shadows of the alleyway, a bright flash of green burst forth and it walked out. It revealed a Pegasus that jumped into the air and followed the unsuspecting Angel.

"You mine, foolish Angel.


Everfree slowed down once he was far enough from the castle and just hovered in place, enjoying the serenity around him. He spread his arms and closed his eyes, listening to nature around him...

The chirps of birds.

The rush of wind.

The howl of wolves.

A shout from behind him...

Wait what?!

Spinning rapidly, Everfree saw a Pegasus rapidly closing in on him and judging by their position and the way they were going, they weren't going to slow down, they meant to collide with him.

Everfree waited till the last second to move out of the way of the Pegasus' path.

That was a mistake...

As he moved out of the way, the Pegasus still clipped his side and he flinched quite noticeably. He the magic within him lock up so that he couldn't use it. He was stuck with his wings and, if it came quick enough, his bow.

The Pegasus slowed and turned. If noticed Everfree exhale sharply. It knew that I had restricted his magic...now it just had to keep him distracted.

Everfree sent out a mental signal to try and command his bow. He could feel it responding in kind, it would soon reach him.

The Pegasus charged Everfree again and Everfree made sure to move out of the way with plenty of time, another hit that affects his magic could be bad and could spell disaster for him. As he moved out of the way, he saw a trail of magic in the distance signifying that his bow was approaching.

He threw his hand out and the bow rematerialised in his hand. Moving quickly, Everfree spun and pulled the string back, causing a magic arrow to appear. He quickly released the arrow causing it to soar away towards the Pegasus.

It knew what hit it. The arrow made clean through and through before disappear as it exited. The Pegasus stopped and began to drop towards the ground and while it went closer and closer to the ground, a vivid green flames surrounded it and the Pegasus changed...

The green flames died away and revealed the creature to Everfree.

A Changeling...

Everfree watched it hit the ground at the base of the mountion in which Canterlot was situated. He had to warn the Princesses and quickly, but before he could go anywhere, he was struck on the back of the head...hard.

The strike caused his bow to disappear and him to fall towards the ground. His eyes slowly closed as the ground came rushing towards but his descent was halted as something grabbed him and took him away.

Through his barely conscious mind, eyes and ears, he saw something and heard something.

He was being taken towards the Everfree Forest and he heard her...

"Your mine now, my dear Angel..." The voice crooned.

Chrysalis...

And that's when Everfree passed out.

Author's Note:

I'm EXTREMELY SORRY for this so very later update but I had a massive writers block that I couldn't get around but thankfully I was able to because I don't want to let my readers down.