• Published 7th Feb 2014
  • 3,022 Views, 32 Comments

Angel of Nature - Shadowfire Angel



Everfree, Angel of Nature, has overstepped his bounds and was to be banished to Earth, but not everything is what it seems...instead, he is sent to Equis to deal with problems that have been arising.

  • ...
14
 32
 3,022

Changelings Revealed

Angel of Nature Ch 4

"So, Princess, how have things been?" Everfree asked, playfully putting emphasis on the Princess.

Twilight just stood there staring with her mouth slightly agape as she tried to comprehend what was happening and that her eyes weren't playing tricks on her. It had been years since she had last seen him, not too mention she also had a huge crush on him.

"Geez, Twi, I figured you'd be speechless but seriously I didn't think you'd be this speechless."

This cause a red hue of blush to slowly spread across Twilight's face. True she was speechless but speechless is an understatement.

"E-E-Everfree?" She stuttered out.

Everfree found Twilight's nervousness to be cute, he always had and it's just one of those things that made him like her. Along with her determination to study her to not let Princess Celestia down and loyalty to her friends, what wasn't to like about her.

Okay, maybe when she has her mental breakdowns like when she panicked about her Friendship Report being sent to Princess Celestia on time or else she would be tardy, but that was only one time.

Maybe...

"Come on Twi, I'm not going to bite..." He chuckled, "...much."

Before either of them could say something further, they both heard a light pad of footsteps above them, heading towards the steps which was soon followed by a call.

"Twilight! Can I got out? I finished cleaning!"

Everfree immediately recognised who it was heading towards them as there was really only one other pony...err, dragon that lived with Twilight. Everfree looked towards the staircase as a certain purple dragon reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Twilight, didn't you hear me?" Spike asked when he saw Twilight completely ignoring Everfree because he thought he was another random pony looking for a book.

"I'm sure she did, Spike, but she's a bit speechless at the moment."

Spike seemed to freeze up as turned and faced the pony he had completely disregarded. He seemed to lean forward to examine he a bit more but the thing that he caught his eyes was the wings and his Cutie Mark.

"Everfree?" He asked.

"In the flesh."

Spike's mouth busted into a grin as he couldn't hide his excitement. He and Everfree had been close when Everfree had come to watch over Equestria. On many occasion, Everfree has saved Spike's life and he even died once to save him. However, when an Angel such as Everfree dies, they are reborn in an environment suited to their title.

For example, as Angel of Nature, Everfree was reborn in the Everfree Forest since he was on Equestria when he died. Suffice it to say when he came back, he gave everyone quite a shock while receiving a scolding from Twilight Sparkle herself.

"You back! Awesome!" Spike exclaimed, "love to stay and catch up, but I need to get going."

And with that he ran out the door of to whatever it was he was going to do.

Well, that's one less pony, err, dragon that I've gotta find, Everfree thought.

When Spike was gone, he turned his attention back to Twilight who was still as speechless as before but was now sitting down.

"What are you doing here, Everfree?"

He knew sooner or later they were going to start asking that question which would lead him to having to tell them about the two Changelings he encountered which would to lots and lots of other questions being asked.

"Well, you remember the time from when the Changelings were invading Canterlot?"

Twilight shudder not wanting to recall it. It was a sad time but thankful she was onto Chrysalis from the minute she met her, so in the end, Twilight was able to save Canterlot from the Changelings.

"Yes, but I'm not fond of remembering it."

"Nor am I honestly but I have been told that the Changelings may be attempting another attack."

Twilight's eyes widen instantly as soon as she heard this. She had thought they wouldn't attempt another attack after they had been driven out once. Obviously, she was sorely mistaken.

"And you know this how?" She asked, somewhat skeptic.

"That's why I've come looking for you, can you gather the other girls and meet me at the edge of Ponyvillie?" Everfree asked.

Twilight nodded and left immediately. Once she was gone, Everfree made his way towards the edge of Ponyvillie where he asked the two Changelings to wait. Aleera seemed to have been waiting for him outside because she laying down beside the door.

As they stopped at the edge of Ponyvillie, Everfree checked his surroundings too make sure no-one was around. When he was sure no-one was around, he started making a chittering sound, and yet, it seemed soothing. If he could make this sound soothing, then maybe he could make a melody of some sorts.

As Angel of Nature, he had the ability to communicate to anything and understand them.

The two Changelings came out of hiding when they saw it was Everfree and cautiously approached him.

"How'd it go?" Morphia asked.

"Well, your about to be telling Princess Twilight what you know but I'll call you out with the chittering when it's time and don't worry, I'll protect you. You both deserve a chance."

Both Changelings nodded and went back to where they were hiding beforehand and just as they left, Twilight and the others came into view. Everfree has already seen Twilight and Rarity, but he had yet to see Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash.

"So where is he, Twilight, all I see is another pony." A voice called from behind.

Everfree turned and smirked. They were about to be surprised. He focused on his inner power and brought it forth, allowing his body to change shape as he became a human again. Another of his powers was the ability to change into anything, after all, if he wanted to fit in, he had to look like the inhabitants.

He heard multiple gasp from behind him as he finished changing. He withdrew his bow that was slung along his back and then turned around.

"So everypony, how's it going?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

No sooner than he finished, they all charged him, expect for Rarity and Twilight, and enveloped him a heartwarming group hug. The group hug lasted several moments before the girls broke away and moved back a bit to give Everfree some room.

"Now while I would love to catch up, I have more important business and it regards all of you been here."

They all nodded and listened intently to what Everfree had to say. Aleera, of course, already knew this so she just laid herself down and relaxed.

"I was told recently that the Changelings will be making another attempt to take Canterlot. I've already told Twilight about this and the reason I brought you here is to show you who told me."

Everfree took a few more steps back till he knew he was in line with the two Changelings, raised his arms a bit and then let out the chittering sound he had done earlier, expect this time, he made a smooth and soothing harmony out of it.

Once he was done, he lowered his arms and stepped forward a bit so the Changelings could stay behind him, which is what they did as they stepped out from behind their hiding spots, and this immediately brought out a response from the ponies.

They all were telling Everfree to move out of the way so they could deal with the Changelings, however, he refused to move. He also noticed that Veredon had moved in front of Morphia in a defensive posture but that was understandable, the ponies however continued to try and get Everfree to move.

"Enough!" He shouted as he expelled a harmonious aura, calming everypony in the immediate area.

"Now if you'll let me explain what's going on, I can also explain why I would want to protect these two Changelings."

The ponies nodded and they proceed to listen to what Everfree had to say.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony, I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, sorry for the extremely late update but I have now put a reminder in my iPads calendar to remind me every Friday to upload a chapter starting from today.

If I forget please do remind me and if I take too long feel free to pester me till upload the next chapter but please limit it too once a day.