• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 5,234 Views, 83 Comments

A Dark Twilight - Ugly-Duckling123



Ever since the Crystal Empire, Twilights been acting strange, and she can't figure out why...

  • ...
10
 83
 5,234

Chapter 4

The winds were howling like the call of the Windigos in ancient times. The snow was falling hard and was stinging her face making her close her eyes, But still, Twilight walked on.

"Hello!" Twilight called out into the night, getting no response. Thinking she should forget this and head back Twilight heard a voice in her head.

Keep going my Queen, it said Just a little more. A cave will be coming up soon, you'll find me there.

Twilight did as she was told and after a while found the cave.

"Ahh, Twilight, or would you prefer 'Queen' Twilight?" A stallion's voice asked.

After shaking herself off, Twilight turned to the voice, and opened her eyes.

Instead of the usual violet and white background, now her pupils were red, the backgrounds were a bright green, and out the corners a purple mist was leaking out.

"You can call me anything you want, King Sombra," Twilight said smiling wickedly.

"Do you have what I asked you to bring?" he asked.

"Right here." Twilight said lifting her saddlebag up for Sombra to see inside....


Back in the Crystal Palace, Shining Armour was in a rage throwing beams of magic all over the place.

"I knew I should have gone after that stupid Heart." he said tears going down his face. "Why! Why did I let her go?" He felt a hoof on his shoulder calming him down.

"None of this is your fault Shining," Cadence said, tears also in her eyes. "If anything it's mine. If I could have been stronger, we wouldn't of needed the Heart in the first place. I... I..."

"Neither of you are to blame for what has become of Twilight," Celestia said in her calming voice. "I am afraid I am the one who showed Twilight how to use Dark Magic, when I told her about the Empire."

"She did say it was you who taught her that..." Spike said thoughtfully.

"But what are Pinkie's Double Doosie's" Rainbow asked the group.

As if to answer her a guard came running in a horrified look on his face. "Your Majesty's," he said bowing to the princesses and Shining Armour.

"Yes? What is it Captain Topaz?" Shining asked waving his hoof to tell the guard to stand.

"It's bad news your highness," he said "A scout has seen something beyond the horizon that looks like Sombra's smoke cloud."

"So what?" Rainbow said flying up over head. "We stopped him before, we can stop him again. And this time we have the Heart where we can find it."

"That's another thing Miss Dash," Topaz said looking more worried than before "The... The Heart's gone."

"Oh..." Rainbow said dropping to the ground.

Shining Armour then spun around and faced Celestia "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" he cried and ran out the hall with the guard to assemble the other Crystal guards.

Every-pony was stunned for a while, Fluttershy whimpering. Until Applejack spoke up, "Well at least we know what Pinkie's Pinkie Sense was telling her now..."


After Shining Armour left to tell the guards of what was happening, Cadence put up the same force field she had used when the Crystal Empire had made an appearance a few months ago, creating a dome of protection over the city.

Every-pony else, aside from Luna and Celestia, were worried. Worried for the Empire, and worried for their friend.

Pinkie for once was was calmer than the others. Her usually poofy hair now laid flat, and she had gone slightly darker in color. "Hey," she called out, but no one was listening. Pinkie pulled out her party cannon again and setting it off, to make the biggest explosion as it could.

"Hey!" Pinkie said again now every-pony was paying attention.

"You alright Pinkie?" Rainbow asked nervously. The last time she had seen Pinkie like this was when Rainbow had to collect her for the surprise birthday, when Rainbow found her, she was talking to and with a bucket of turnips, a ball of lint, rocks, and a bag of flour.

"The names Pinkamena and the moment Rainbow." Pinkie no... Pinkamena.... said pulling an army commander's helmet out of no where.

"Pinkie I don't think now's a good time for games," Rarity said.

"Zip it Platinum," Pinkamena snapped at the fashionistia. "Now as far as I know, I'm the only one here who has a dark side now that Luna is no longer Nightmare Moon." she stated getting worried looking nods in return.

"I may not be Sombra, or Twilight. But If I were them, I'd attack the Empire as soon as I met up with the other." As if on cue the dark cloud started to beat at the dome Cadence was making. "So to stop them, and seeing as the Heart is gone, we need to find and use something else, on Sombra to defeat him, and Twilight, to get her back."

"But... But what can we use er... Pinkamena?" Fluttershy asked whimpering at how scary things had become.

"There must be something," Applejack said taking her hat off to think.

"Yeah, I mean what protected the Empire before the Heart?" Rainbow asked looking at Celestia and Luna as if they should know.


"Well there's always the Crystal Scepter, Commander Hurricane," a voice called out, making Celestia and Luna gasp.

"What, who is it?" Rarity asked the sisters looking around.

"I'd of thought you would have remembered my voice Princess Platinum. You listened to it ten hours a day."

Suddenly the big crystal above the throne lit up, in a mysterious blue, leavening a very old wise looking Unicorn, in a wizard hat and cloak, bells attached to the rims.

"Starswirl the Bearded..." Luna and Celestia whispered bowing towards the crystal.

"Nice to see you again Celestia and Luna," Starswirl said smiling. Then saw Cadence who looked at her aunts then to Starswirl, not knowing what to say.

In the crystal Starswirl bowed towards the new princess. "Your highness," he said "I am Starswirl the Bearded. I come from long ago to try and help fix an error I made."

"And that would be...?" Rainbow nudged on.

"Taking that false king into my protection and teaching him Dark Magic." he said.

Author's Note:

Hi there :pinkiehappy:

So I hope you all like it so far.... Seeing as to all the faves it has and that it has 10 likes and no dislikes.....

if you have any ideas of questions, I'll try and answer them :yay: