• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 5,234 Views, 83 Comments

A Dark Twilight - Ugly-Duckling123



Ever since the Crystal Empire, Twilights been acting strange, and she can't figure out why...

  • ...
10
 83
 5,234

Chapter 3

That night, after every-pony was asleep and resting peacefully, Luna closed her eyes, powered up her horn, and entered the world of dreams.

In someways, the dream world is like a corridor, with doors leading off to every-pony in the world. Behind each door, is that pony's dreams. Finally Luna reached the door that said 'Twilight Sparkle', and noticed it looked a bit darker than last time she had gone past it.

"I hope my thought was wrong..." Luna said taking in a deep breath, and entered the room.

***

Twilight was back in the cage of black crystals at the top of the tower. She had just found the Heart and told Spike to go and take it to her friends.

After beating against the walls, not getting any where, she thought she heard laughter.

"Who's there?" Twilight asked looking though the gaps in the crystals.

'Why, if it isn't Celestia's little protegé," a voice echoed around the room. "Twilight Sparkle, I finally get to meet you."

A dark cloud appeared in the room. After it disappeared a Unicorn stallion with a curved red tipped horn, wearing silver body amour, and a royal red kings cape, stood on the other side of the crystals. A wicked grin on his face.

Unknown and unseen to either pony, Luna had just appeared and was staring at what she was looking at. "No. Wait Luna," she told herself. "This could just be a nightmare." and with that she went back to observing Twilight's dream.

"What do you want Sombra?" Twilight asked beating the walls again.

"Why to congratulate you of course." Sombra said lighting his horn with the black and green bubbles that came with Dark Magic to shatter the crystals. "It's not everyday a weak little Unicorn mare like yourself can use my Dark Magic to find that stupid rock. Now is it."

"So," Twilight asked lighting her horn to fight, not noticing it was lit with Dark Magic, getting Sombra to smile and Luna to look on even more.

"So, I'd like some-pony like you to..." suddenly he knelt down and a box appeared "Be my Queen of Darkness."

Suddenly the whole scene stopped, and Luna was looking around for who stopped it, knowing it wasn't her.

"It's not nice to spy on a pony's dreams... Luna," a voice she had just been listening to said.

"Get out of this pony's head Sombra," Luna said looking all around her trying to find the king.

"Now Luna, why would I do that?" Sombra asked appearing in front of her. "Like I said... 'It's not every day I find a pony powerful enough to use my Dark Magic.'"


"How long have you been here?" Luna asked the king.

"Since she used my Magic to open the secret staircase to find that stupid Heart," he answered smirking "I so loved her reactions as to what she saw through my door of fear."

"What are you planing to do?" Luna asked getting annoyed with the king.

"Oh I'd like to tell you my dear but," suddenly a clock popped up out of no where "It looks like your time being in this head is up."

Ripples began to travel all around the scene in front of her. Twilight was waking up, pushing Luna out of the door she had come through.

Luna was back in the corridor staring at the now even darker door scarred for her sisters student. And what every-pony will say.


Princess Luna had just come down for breakfast, and to tell every-pony what she saw last night, when she saw a pink... something.... zooming from here to there around the great hall leaving multicolored balloons and streamers in it's wake.

"What the...?" Luna asked looking around the room.

"Hey there Princess Luna!" a voice said next to her making Luna jump.

"Oh, Pinkie..."

"You like what I've done?" Pinkie said showing the princess the room, which in Luna's opinion looked like an explosion of party essentials went off.

"It's nice Pinkie," Luna said trying to find the right words "Very colorful. Just right for a Baby Shower Party."

"Yay," Pinkie said hoping up and down with joy. "So did you find out what's wrong with Twilight?"

This stunned Luna a little. "Ho... How did you know Pinkie?"

"I'm one of Twilight's closest friends," Pinkie said going over to re-pin some fallen banners "And since I've got a dark side too, I call her Pinkamena, I can tell something dark is in Twilight's head."

"Then... Then why have you not said any thing?" Luna asked following Pinkie around so she didn't have to yell, and get others attention.

"Every time I tried to say something, Twilight would get mad and walk off." Pinkie explained "And since I'm me, when I said anything to any-pony they'd say it was my imagination."

"Well yes there is something wrong with Twilight," Luna said thinking carefully, "But I think we should wait for the others and maybe after the Shower, before I say anything."

"Okie-Dokie-Lokie," Pinkie said putting away her party cannon.

Suddenly the doors opened to reveal Shining Armour, Cadence, and their guests. Wonder in their eyes at how perfect the hall was. Well all but one Twilight, looking darker than normal was muttering to herself. Something about a six-year-old's birthday.

"SURPRISE!" Pinkie yelled to the ponies, wearing a party hat.

"Pinkie, I must say, you've done a great job today." Cadence said looking around smiling at the work the party pony had done.

"I agree," Celestia said nodding with a smile to her niece's statement, along with four nodding mares. The fifth, Luna noticed was not there any more.

"Present time I think," Applejack said not noticing Twilight was gone.

"Yes," Rarity agreed "I mean that's the whole point to a baby shower, isn't it?"

But before any presents were even touched.

"Wwwwwhhhhhoooooo!" Pinkie said bouncing and jiggling her legs all over the place.

Only Spike, Fluttershy and Applejack looked worried to the others questioning looks.

"Are you ok Pinkie?" Rainbow asked.

Looking at Spike, Fluttershy, and Applejack, knowing that they'd be the only ones who would understand Pinkie said two words.

"Double doosie!" And collapsed on the floor.

As her friends rushed to help her, Luna told the grown ups what she found last night.