• Published 6th Feb 2014
  • 5,234 Views, 83 Comments

A Dark Twilight - Ugly-Duckling123



Ever since the Crystal Empire, Twilights been acting strange, and she can't figure out why...

  • ...
10
 83
 5,234

Chapter 10

Shining Armour couldn't believe this. Every shot he made to the king, Sombra equaled, and nearly all of Twilight's friends were down, shuffling, and moaning seeing their worst fears play in their heads. The only ones left standing were Spike, Applejack Pinkamena and Cadence, who was still on the ground.

There was a flash of light and every-pony looked towards the door to see Twilight standing there, a evil grin on her face, her eyes matching Sombra's.

"TWILIGHT" they all called.

"Ah, my queen," Sombra said rising from a fighting pose "I was beginning to worry."

"I just wanted to look my best for when we take my brothers throne honey." Twilight said ignoring the cries and gasps she got from that.

"Twilight what are you doing with this fake!" Shining asked anger in his eyes.

"I'm becoming queen, Shining Armour." Twilight said winking, telling them to play along, pointing to the saddlebag with her tail.

"The Heart..." Cadence whispered getting Shining Armour's attention. Then he looked at the saddle bag and saw a lump in there.

"Now where were we Young Prince?" Sombra asked shaking Shining back to him.

"I was just about to destroy you, Sombra." Shining Armour answered charging up his horn.

"You're still sounding like Rubeus," Sombra said "But I guess if you want to be like him so much, then you can DIE LIKE HIM!" This time as Sombra's spell shot out of his horn, it wasn't it's usual black. It was green, and if you were at the right angle you could see a skull within the flames.

Twilight was the only one not stunned. As fast as she could, she got out the Heart and ran to stand in between the spell and her brother, pouring all the love she had for him and her friends into it as a 'shield' appeared protecting her and the ones she loved.

Seeing what Twilight was doing, Sombra shut off his magic. "Why did you bring that back? And why are you protecting them?" he asked in a stern voice.

Twilight looked up at Sombra, her eyes back to normal, "Because it belongs here. And I'm protecting them because I love them. And I will not let you hurt them anymore than you already have."

"I guess you will have to die as well then," Sombra hissed, as he shot another beam of green light at the group.

"NO!" every-pony cried jumping around Twilight in a protective hug.

The Crystal Scepter now was beginning to have a rainbow aura shine around it as it came close to its 'crystal sister', and together the two artifacts pushed at Sombra's spell back at him.

"Whats going on Twilight?" Spike asked looking up at his friend.

"The Heart and the Scepter are working together, feeding of our love for one another, to defeat Sombra, and relive this Empire of his Dark Magic." Twilight said.

"You think you can defeat me?" Sombra called out still firing his spell at them. "While I'm still in your mind, and in theirs?" he pointed to the ponies on the floor.

"I know we can," Twilight said "Because there's no greater love than to that towards your family." Twilight called back.

"Newsflash my dear," Sombra said getting a little annoyed at all this talk about love. "The only family you have here is the Young Prince. Everyone else are just friends. and that dragon's a slave."

"Shining Armour maybe the only one from my biological family," Twilight said angry that Sombra called Spike a slave, "But the others are like... like sisters to me from all their friendships. We've had hard times, good times, laughs, tears, arguments, and heart to hearts..."

As Twilight listed these the spells Sombra put on her friends weakened helping them to wake up. Upon seeing Twilight in danger they joined the hug and helped feed the Scepter and Heart with their love for one another.

"And I may order Spike around sometimes, sometimes even forgetting to thank him, but he is no slave." Twilight looked at Spike in the eye to see tears in them "He's my assistant, my... my little brother in a dragons skin. Some may say son since I hatched him. But he is no slave..." she looked back up to Sombra "And you have some nerve calling him that!"

Sombra could feel his magic was weakening, the darkness within Twilight, and the death beam he was still firing. He could see it coming back towards him, but knew if he cut it off the Crystals magic would destroy him.

"You will never harm this empire, or this family ever again Sombra." Twilight and Shining Armour said together putting all their powers into the artifacts they held.

"I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!" Sombra yelled. Suddenly all the shadows began to move and joined Sombra, with each new one, it felt like he was getting stronger.

Even with three princesses, her brother, Spike, and all her friends, helping her to use the Heart and Scepter, Twilight knew they were not going to stop anytime soon, and some were beginning to look tired.

Please, Twilight thought Please somepony help us...

Suddenly, a new light could be seen though the light and darkness. Now standing along with Twilight's group were the ghosts of Rubeus, Rose Quartz, and Starswirl. All of them had their horns lit, and aiming towards the Heart and Scepter giving them more power.

With the magic newly giving to the artifacts, an even stronger beam of light went shooting towards the darkness and finally infused Sombra in the light of love and friendship.

Sombra struggled to get up, legs shaking panting strongly. He looked up and saw the three ponies he loved to hate.

"Ahh... Your Majesty's" he said mockingly bowing towards Rubeus and Rose. "And so nice to see you again Master." he said turning to Starswirl.

"I am not your master Sombra," Starswirl said looking the dark king in the eye. "I may have 'adopted you' and taught you Dark Magic, but I never taught you to do this."

"And how dare you enslave our ponies for a thousand years, then try and take over them again when it came back." Rubeus asked wings spread wide in anger.

"Just so you know Rubeus," Sombra said smirking "I was not the one at fault for your kingdom being locked away for a thousand years." he turned to Celestia and Luna. "It was those two children using those so-called 'Elements of Harmony' and banishing me under the ice, that shut the Empire away."

"Only because of the curse you put on it." Rose said standing like her husband.

"True," Sombra said nodding in thought. "But it was still those two sisters that locked me away, and therefore locked the Empire away."

"Stop blaming others Sombra," Twilight said horn lit in case more magic was needed.

"Who says I'm blaming," Sombra asked "I'm stating the facts."

"This is just some more of your mind games," Twilight said "You're saying it was someone else at fault for the things you did, to make them feel guilty, so they can't fight anymore."

Sombra stared Twilight in the eye, fire burning in his. "You my dear are a lot more trouble than you are worth." And with out warning, and before anyone could do any thing, Sombra hit her with a beam of death, killing her in seconds.

Author's Note:

Ok. hope you're all still liking this, and to 'Twilight Mercer' I apologist for saying I wasn't going to kill any-pony, as I'm sure with every one, 'it just came to me'.

To everyone else.... :heart: Happy Hearts and Hooves Day:heart: :pinkiehappy: