• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 873 Views, 26 Comments

Serious about Silly - Grey Faerie



Pinkie's friends learn what she meant about being serious about parties.

  • ...
0
 26
 873

On to the Show

Twilight and her friends stuck out their heads to look at the wide open field. A large building was being pieced together for the theater. There were tents everywhere and stages being set up. A far off road held carts loaded with wooden booths and other equipment rolled off into the field. Rainbow Dash excitedly pointed to the food carts being pulled. Even farther off on the horizon was the outline of a Ferris Wheel.

"This is going to be awesome!"

They stepped off the train with baggage in tow. Workers swarmed the back cars to off load supplies.

"So, let's get on to where you're going to be staying." Naty said. She grabbed up her bag and trotted over to the front.

The long walk to the trailers behind the half done theater was filled with the sites and sounds of the carnival set up. Grey remarked on the good organization of the vendors. Twilight agreed with her. Fluttershy asked about the spells being put down on the grass and Grey explained it was to protect it. They didn't want to come all the way out here just to ruin the beautiful field.

Everyone was remarking on different things when Twilight's ears picked up a familiar sound.

"No! The barrels need to go over there, not here. And move the rope on top of something. I don't want to little kids to start messing with it." The familiar sound huffed. It stamped the ground while moving closer to them. Twilight was surprised to see Trixie of all ponies.

"Trixie, please be little easier on Trapdoor. He's still new." Naty said, shaking her head gently.

"I, The Great and Power Trixie have made it my personal mission to whip my green horn assistant into shape in record time."

"You can't do it in record time if he quits."

"Well, ah. He wouldn't want to quit anyway. Twilight! What a surprise to see you." Trixie grinned and ran up to her. She even gave her a hug. "How have you been? It's been such a long time."

"It has! You seem so different now."

"Yes, Trixie is different now. I have gone back to my roots and headline The Children's Spectacular Magic Show." She summoned up a bit of confetti at the last part.

"Yeah, I found her in a town one day doing her little act. I was quite impressed at her theatrics. I went up to her and offered a chance at working for my company. She had to go through quite a bootcamp but in the end, she passed the audition and now heads up our children's show. Sometimes she even helps out as a background extra or illusionist."

"Really?"

"Yes. Trixie had, such a hard time at it first. She is too used to her one man show that being an extra was such a disgrace. But, Trixie is strong and pushed through. She's earned her place in this theater. The Great and Powerful Trixie even has her own beautiful assistant. Well, handsome assistant. Trapdoor used to be a part of the prop department. Now he makes illusion props for Trixie's show. You should come and see it when you can. The kids go wild at the part of the show where Trixie does 'magic' without her horn."

"That does sound exciting. I'd love to see it." Twilight said. Trixie's face lit up.

"And I'd love to as well. It does seem you've put your lying ways to good use." AJ commented. Trixie's face reddened but she kept smiling.

"Yes, Trixie has been made aware of that. And is very glad for it. She, uh, I have made up for my mistakes and am using the right kind of fibbing. Anyway, Trixie has to go. A certain assistant of her's still can't remember where he's supposed to put the mystery box."

"Alright then. See you later." They all waved as she ran back to her stage.

"You really hired Trixie?" Rarity asked.

"Hell yeah, she's a great worker and just wonderful with kids. You might see her wandering around the kid's activity area assisting them with arts and crafts." Naty explained. She continued to lead them back towards the trailers.

They were all lead to a single trailer and quickly deposed of their baggage. The place looked quite spacious for its size. It had four beds on the sides and a single in the back.

"Could I possible take the big bed in the back? I'll share it Spike." Twilight asked.

"Oh course you can. Especially since this just for one night." Fluttershy said, testing one of the other bunks.

"Two nights. You girls are going to help with take down on the third day. So two nights." Lalu said.

"The 'take down'? I didn't realize we had to help clean up." Rarity verged on whining.

"Well of course you are! You're the party planners. You coordinate the beginning, the during, and the end. Which includes clean up." Naty said. Rarity frowned.

"Let's show them the theater. I don't think they'll actually be needed right now. Our people are planning out where everyone should be and most haven't got here yet."

"Pinkie would be out there helping." Grey remarked under her breath.


"Security! We need more security!" Pinkie sat up quickly, "They don't have enough. I knew I forgot something."

"Ugh, Pinkie. Not so loud." Discord pulled a pillow over his head.

Pinkie spoke with a stuffed up nose, "It'll be okay. I'll take care of it."

Discord settled down back into the bed as Pinkie got up. She trotted over to the wardrobe and pulled on a hat. Her hair was a mess but she didn't care enough to fix it. She felt like she was weighted down by something at also put her in slow motion. She left the room quietly. The stairs wobbled a bit under her feet.

"Ugh, the sun." She pulled down on her hat.

The streets were too bright as she walked. The air made her nose run even more and she coughed every now and again. She head felt both weighted down and light. It seemed too soon that she got to the house of Officer Steel.

"Steel! Hey! Open up." She banged on the door. A griffin opened the door, narrowing missing being hit by Pinkie.

"Oh, sorry Aya. Where's you husband?" Pinkie wiped her nose.

"Pinkie! You should be in bed. Why are you here?"

"Security. We need more."

"I don't understand. What security?"

"The carnival! I was supposed to plan. I forgot to add more security. Can Steel do it? With some of his uh, his, um Friends! Yeah, other officers."

"Sure, but you should be in bed dear. Come on. I'll take you home."

"I'm not your dear. Aya." Pinkie swayed.

"Pinkie! My dear, there you are!" Discord came running up, "You came all the way here?"

"Yeah! I needed more security. And see Aya, I'm his dear, ha." She pointed hard at the end to punctuate her laugh.

"Pinkie, sweetie, we have a phone. You could have just called Steel. In fact, that's what I thought you had done until I realized you were taking too long." He grabbed Pinkie and hoisted her up into his arms. He saluted Aya, "Tell Steel to come by later. Oh! And bring me some of your delicious soup. The stuff with actual chicken." He winked and carried Pinkie away.