• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 874 Views, 26 Comments

Serious about Silly - Grey Faerie



Pinkie's friends learn what she meant about being serious about parties.

  • ...
0
 26
 874

Realizing the Horror

She must have fallen asleep cause she woke back up an hour later by knocking on her door. Pinkie felt her sore throat and gave out a cough. Great.

The door opened to reveal Mr. Cake. He walked over to the bed. Pinkie turned over so she was facing him. He didn't say anything yet only put his hoof on her forehead.

"Sugarbun told me you looked a little sick last night. How are you feeling?" He removed his hoof with a concerned looked.

"Kill me now."

He grinned. He went to the bathroom and grabbed her the medicine and a glass of water.

"Here you go sweet bean." He said as she struggled to sit up.

Oh gosh, I just want to be knocked out. Pinkie thought. She felt dizzy like she'd been spinning round and round. She took the medicine and the water.

"Do you think you can stomach a little food?"

"Yeah." she said breathily after gulping down the glass of water.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Just lay back for now."

Pinkie didn't know if she was more grateful for having the nicest bosses or for being able to lay down again. It was a few long minutes before he came back up with a tray of orange juice, a small muffin, and a small cup of soup.

"Eat up. You'll going to need it."

"I love you."

"Haha! I love you too sweety pie. I'll come back in a while to get the tray so when you're done, just put it on the night stand."

"It's a day stand right now."

"Sorry, day stand." he smiled. Pinkie smiled back as he closed the door. She picked at the muffin before thinking a defeated, I hate everything.


It was a horrible first day and it hadn't even ended yet. Pinkie had pulled out a box of tissues from her day stand. It had been a fresh box but now it looked half empty. She moaned at the thought of having to get up for some water. Her glass of juice was empty and the soup was gone. The muffin had been picked apart and laid in clumps on its plate. Pinkie turned back over and opened her other stand. She pulled out a phone and dialed.

"Hello, Sugarcube Corner Bakery. How can I help you?"

"I need water." Pinkie spoke pathetically into the receiver.

"Huh, I'll be right up." Mrs. Cake replied then hung up. For a moment, Pinkie felt bad about calling. But only for a moment.

Soon enough, Mrs. Cake came walking into the room with a tray of a glass of water and a pitcher. Both the glass and pitcher had ice. It was clear by the look on her face, Mrs. Cake wasn't expecting a snow storm of used tissues littering the floor.

"Oh you poor dear." She said as she maneuvered the old tray away and put the new down. She also put the partial muffin down on the new tray. "It's very busy today unfortunately, so I called Fluttershy. I hope that's fine."

"Is Discord with her?"

"Uh? oh! I didn't ask beside, you need rest."

"Awww. Thank you."

"Your welcome." She left the room with the old tray. Pinkie had wondered why Carrot hadn't come up to get it.

I guess I just have to wait until Fluttershy gets here to have some fun. Pinkie grumbled to herself. Then she thought about it. Fun? Fun. Fun!

Pinkie shot up in bed when she realized it. She had a party to plan. No, not a party. Parties. And one of them is not just a party. But, a big event.

She hastily threw back the sheets and wandered over to her desk. There were papers over it about all sorts of things. She shuffled through them until she found what she needed. There were currently three parties to complete and one of them is a carnival. The parties would be easy enough to out source to someone else but the carnival was for a friend who ran a traveling theater show.

Pinkie looked through lists of supplies, ideas for decorations, resources and contacts. Now was not a good time to be sick.