• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 873 Views, 26 Comments

Serious about Silly - Grey Faerie



Pinkie's friends learn what she meant about being serious about parties.

  • ...
0
 26
 873

What Do?

Fluttershy walked down the street with her bags filled. She had gotten a call from Mrs. Cake of all ponies! She had asked her to come over to take care of poor Pinkie Pie who was very sick. Fluttershy was startled from her thoughts when Rainbow Dash landed next to her.

"Oh, hi Rainbow Dash. What are you up to?"

"Nothing much, where are you going?"

"Mrs. Cake called me. Apparently Pinkie's real sick and the Cakes wanted me to come over to take care of her."

"Really? Hey! Why don't I get the other girls and we'll all go cheer up Pinkie."

"Oh, I don't think that would be too good..."

"Come on, it'll be great."

"But Rainbow Dash!" It was too late as she sped off. "Goodness, I hope this doesn't get in the way of Pinkie's recovery."

Fluttershy trotted off as quickly as she could to get to Pinkie's house. Which, wasn't very fast as everypony else was there went she arrived.

"Hey Fluttershy."

"Hello, Twilight."

"Come on! Let's go see Pinkie!"

"Rainbow Dash, don't be too loud. She is sick."

"Uh, we're outside Rarity."

"For now but when we get in there we can't be too loud. She'll be resting." Rarity walked over to the front door and went inside. RD sighed then followed her and the rest of the girls inside. They waved at Mr. Cake who was at the counter. They walked up the stair and were outside Pinkie's door.

"Pinks! You awake?"

"Shh, Rainbow Dash. Gosh, I would guess she would be now." AJ said.

They opened the door to Pinkie's room and walked in. She was sitting by the desk with papers everywhere. Pinkie turned and smiled at them.

"Cough, hi guys." She wasn't very steady on her seat.

"Pinkie! What are you doing out of bed? Come here, let me tuck you in." Fluttershy said. Pinkie waved her away.

"I'm fine, really. I just have so much work to do right now. I've got, ugh, um three no two parties to finish then a big event." Pinkie put her head in one of her hooves.

"No, no. No work or parties. Bed now." Fluttershy said more forcefully. She pulled Pinkie away to the bed. Pinkie frowned but went with her.

"Hey! Can you take care of the parties for me? I don't think it'll be too hard." Pinkie turned on her side.

"Sure, we'll be glad to help." Twilight said, "Where do we start? Do you have any lists?"

"Yeah, on the desk. Just follow it." Pinkie was grateful when Fluttershy put a cool cloth over her forehead.

"Great! Let me see...hm. Um Pinkie? Who is ah.."

"There's a Rolodex on the desk and files in the bottom door. It has all the contact numbers of suppliers and entertainers and decorators."

"Okay." Twilight looked through the contacts. She hand some to Rarity and asked her to called the ponies. She then looked through the files but widened her eyes as she tried to figure out just what to do.

"Pinkie," Rarity called out, "How many streamers? And they have a deal going on?"

"Don't listen to that. I have the amount on the list along with the cost."

"Okay."

Rarity went on to negotiate with the supplier. She had dealt with this sort of thing before what with running her own business.

"What can I do?"

"Yeah, what can we do?" AJ and RD asked.

"Set up, when we get there."

Twilight continued to sort through files. There was decorations to buy, food to order, ponies to hire and particular guidelines to go by.

It was just a party! But as she gave a nervous sidelong glance at Pinkie, she realized this was a career.

Author's Note:

Don't actually know much that goes into professional party planning so expect a lot of skimming and awkward explaining.