• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 873 Views, 26 Comments

Serious about Silly - Grey Faerie



Pinkie's friends learn what she meant about being serious about parties.

  • ...
0
 26
 873

Walking into a Horror Movie

Pinkie sagged on the counter. She could feel a headache coming on and her neck was stiff. Gosh, I hope I'm not getting sick. She looking into the bathroom mirror for a moment before pulling it open. There wasn't too many items inside so some simple headache medicine was easy to find. She put two in her mouth then swallowed them down with a water from the faucet.

Pinkie pulled her muzzle back up from under the faucet. The day hadn't been that tiring! Nor the day before. And she hadn't been doing anything too unusual. No standing in the rain for too long (not that there had been any lately) or been near anyone sick with out the necessary precautions. Ugh, summer time colds are the worst!

She wandered to bed and pulled the covers up. It was too warm so she pushed them down. Then she was too cold. Pinkie shivered a little. She sighed and bent down to only pull up the sheet and not the blanket. It was better. She closed her eyes. Something was off. She looked up to see the fan wasn't on. She sighed again and got up.

Pinkie turned on the fan then went back to bed. Now she was too cold again. Pinkie scrunched her face and closed her eyes. She wanted to just go to sleep already. There was tossing and turning. She stared up to the ceiling on her back. It was 2 a.m. Pinkie got up and walked downstairs. She was surprised when Mrs. Cake was there.

"Hey, Cup." Pinkie smiled weakly.

"Morning, Pinkamena." She smiled back. Pinkie smiled wider at the joke.

"What are you doing up?" Pinkie asked.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I couldn't sleep. It's either this headache or the headache medicine with it's aiding caffeine."

"I'm sorry to here that. Pound wouldn't go back to sleep. He took a nap too soon before bed."

Pinkie shook her head. That was never a fun thing to happen. She moved further into the kitchen. Mrs. Cake was at the table with a cup of tea. Pinkie grabbed a cup herself before seeing if the kettle needed to be reheated. It did so she turned on the stove. It wasn't too long before the water was hot enough. Pinkie carried the cup of tea to the table.

Mrs. Cake had a cook book by her and a note pad. Probably working on a new recipe. Pinkie threw her head forward at a sudden sneeze.

"Oh dear, are you getting sick?" Mrs. Cake looked up from her papers. She seemed to be examining Pinkie now.

"No, no. Just a random sneeze." She sniffled a little.

Pinkie finished her tea in silence. It was a wonderful time. She always had an appreciation for the early morning. Normally the hours of five am to 9 am. The weak light and the quiet seemed like an odd combination. Like the moment the sun came up, everything was suppose to break into life and sound. Pinkie smiled at Mrs. Cake and went back up stairs. She hoped to get some sleep. It was nearer to 3 a.m. now but she finally found her way to dreamland.
first chapter


The first thing Pinkie noticed upon waking was that her eyes didn't want to open. The second was that when she did, it was like accepting an awful truth. Her head hurt. She had a stuffy nose. She turned to the night stand (but seeing as it was daytime, she considered it a day stand) to find out what time it was. A big 10:37 am stood out.

"Ugh, I'm late." She said as she turned over. She should get up. She should get ready for work especially since she was late. She should at least get some water and medicine. Instead, she curled up on her right side and cuddled further into the bed.