• Published 25th Jan 2014
  • 2,238 Views, 32 Comments

Blueblood's Angels - Doccular42



Once upon a time, there were three young mares who went to the Guard academy. And they were each assigned very… hazardous… duties. But I took them away from all that, and now they work for me. My name is Blueblood.

  • ...
2
 32
 2,238

Prologue

Once upon a time, there were three young mares who went to the Guard academy.

≈Φ≈

Octavia circled her opponent slowly. He made a lunge at the earth pony, but Octavia’s cat-like reflexes were too much for him. She grabbed him by the leg and flipped him onto his back. She then landed atop him and mimed a blow to his throat. As her fellow recruits cheered, the mare stood back to her hooves. Then it was off to the next fight.

♫♪♫

Lyra lunged forcefully at the practice dummy that stood before her. Her spear pierced right through its neck, ripping a hole in the fabric that covered it. The unicorn smiled as she stabbed it again.

♫♪♫

Ditzy gritted her teeth as she clung to the monkey bars with her wings. Swinging forward, she grabbed the next. And the next. And the next. Finally, she swung off the next bar and ran gleefully to the next obstacle, her shining eyes gazing directly ahead.

≈Φ≈

And they we each assigned very… hazardous… duties.

≈Φ≈

Octavia placed yet another parking ticket on yet another carriage. Honestly, what is it about Wonderbolt performances that seem to inspire ponies to forget the most basic of parking and traffic laws? The mare shook her head as she moved over to another convertible who somehow had managed to park halfway up a tree. Just another day.

♫♪♫

Lyra sighed as she pushed the last batch of paperwork away from her. Another sheet slid into her typewriter, and she could finally see then end to a terribly long day approaching! Just then, her sergeant plopped another folder full of reports in front of her. Lyra sighed once more and went back to work.

♫♪♫

Ditzy flew over the Baltimare street’s crosswalk holding her ‘Foals Crossing. STOP!’ sign. The young ponies below ignored her. Their parents kept talking to one another, and the ponies in their horse-drawn carriages honked at her and screamed in an attempt to get her to move along more quickly. She gritted her teeth, and looked away from them pointedly.

≈Φ≈

But I took them away from all that, and now they work for me.

≈Φ≈

The three mares walked out of the Canterlot offices with broad grins plastered on their faces. Finally, THIS is what they’d been training for! A chance to make a difference! A chance to save the world.

≈Φ≈

My name is Blueblood. But they just call me Blue.

Author's Note:

So, yeah. I watched an old episode of Charlie's Angles today and thought, "Huh. Angels. Ponies." And then this happened.