• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 2,277 Views, 45 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Beyond the Badlands - A Pony Typewriter

  • ...
10
 45
 2,277

Out of the Frying Pan, and into the Balefire Fryer

Out of the Frying Pan, and into the Balefire Fryer

Rain.

Heavy shower over Rockopolis. Continuous, rapid flow of water traveled down the rocks of the cave, blanketing it with the liquid from the sky.

The steel grey mare unicorn stare at the view provided by the opening, a mixture of steel, concrete, sands, and the souls of those who had perish more than two-hundred years ago. The sight was not unusual for Homage, for this view she laid eyes upon everyday of her live.

But it was different without her light, her hero, her lover. She was alone, and so does the one she love, although she can visit her, it wasn't the same. But having Littlepip to herself was a selfish thought, she was needed by the Wasteland. She looked at the rain again, knowing that this was her gift to her and to those who reside in the Wasteland.

Looking up to the rainy sky, Homage whispered, "Thank you, Littlepip."

The current DJ Pon3 turned her back from the entrance, a crack of thunder along with lightning lit the sky with a bright flash. She smiled, and thought it was Littlepip way of saying hello. Another came, with the same volume of sound as the previous one. Homage turned to the cave opening again, four continuous lightning followed. They said that lightning don't strike twice, but Homage eyes just witnessed four. All of them striking the white tower in the distance.

Homage can only look in absolute horror, as the top of the white tower was glowing red. The red grew brighter over the distance, forcing her to cover her eyes, but insisted on keeping an eye on the light. At first she thought the light was going to stay on top of the hue less tower, then she realize how wrong she was.

At a speed beyond measure, the light shoots towards the Tenpony Tower. It struck the Ministry of Arcane Science Emergency Broadcast antennae , sending surge of electricity into the tower. Inside, bulbs exploded, terminals fried, and toasters burst into flames.

--- --- ---

Outside the S.P.P. Tower, with the Stable Dweller on her back, outside the pod and save from electrocution, the unicorn gaze onto the sky, along with her rust colored pegasus friend, watching the red ray as it headed towards Manehattan

As quick as it came, the red ray of light left the Tenpony Tower, shooting towards the Statue of Friendship. The red struck the bronze sculpture's torch, and lit the golden flame of the torch crimson. Then the light shoots into another direction. It hit one of the lightning rod attached to Bucklyn Cross and faster than anyone can blink, the red fire itself onto another direction, and disappearing from the Manehattan sky.

On the outskirt of Hoofington, a unicorn with almost synthetic body and an artificial pair of wings, looked up into the blue abyss. The red passed above her and her companions, trajectory towards Hoofington highest point. Like before, it left as fast as it came, and plunged Hoofington into darkness.

All across the Equestrian Wasteland, Chicacolt, New Pegas, Los Pegasus, Fillydelphia, Baltimare , and a lake was struck by the red ray on their highest point of elevation. Those settlements struck, lost precious electricity.

After it killed the power to Trottingham, the red ray change course again. As it pass above Junction Town, it produced a Sonic Redboom, and caught every colt, fillies, mare, bucks, zebras, and griffins attention in the N.C.R. controlled town.

The red kept going, and began to arch toward the earth.

--- --- ---

KA-BLAM !

As the red hit the ground, dust and smokes were thrown into the air. As it clears, it revealed six standing men, mostly clad in red with the exception of the one wearing a lab coat.

With a cough, the man holding the wrench high-up into the air said, "Darn."

"Man the upgrade station !" Soldier shouted.

"Ach me head feel is gon' split open," announced Demoman.

The Heavy said nothing but looked at his surrounding.

The first one to notice that they were no where near Teufort was the young man from Boston, and he asked "Uhm... Engie ain't that wrench o' yours s'pose to send us to the city hall."

"Ze Scout has a point Herr Engineer," said Medic, "And it seems ve are no vhere near it."

"Hold yer horses, let me check the map."

The Engineer looked down to his armband computer. He press the data button and picked the map option. The map appeared on his Pip-Boy was alien to him, everything was out of place and Teufort was nowhere to be found.

Growing impatient Scout asked again, "So..... where are we ?"

"Ah' don't know, all the places on ma'h map is gone !" stated the Engineer.

"Vell that is indeed strange," said Medic.

Running back towards the group was Soldier, "We're missing the Upgrade Station men!"

Heavy then put his oversized palm on Soldier's helmet, and pulled it back to let the rocket jumping member of their team to take a look at the new surrounding. Only after he looked where he was, Soldier said, "and the city hall!"

Everyone let out a groan. The Engineer went back to fiddling with his arm attached processor, the Texan pressed another button but the result was as weird as before. The button that functioned as the building or destroy option now have extra options, and so does the one which monitor his condition and the status of the equipments he build. The Engineer switched his Pip-Boy screen back to the map. He looked at the details of the map and found there was a road nearby from where they were standing. The road led to an intersection.

"Engineer " Heavy called.

"Yeah," answered the Texan.

"How far are we from town ?" asked the Russian.

"Ah' can't tell," Engineer continued, "Ah' usually stick to the road but the road ah'm seein' ain't familiar no more."

The Engineer kept exploring the green screen that should held the map of the Badlands, looking for anything familiar. Unfortunately he found none, every single location he or the team had visited gone, from every facilities belonging to their former employers to the convenient store where Demoman used to buy ingredients for making his 'Scrumpy'.

Meanwhile, Soldier took out his own map, then put it back inside his boot and announced to the team, "Move out men !"

Everyone just stared at Soldier. Scout broke the silent, "Uhm..... Soldier do you even know where we are ?"

"Yes !" the Soldier explained, "Teufort is one and a half click down that road! Those robot aren't going to kill themselves NOW MOVE !"

With Soldier on the lead, the team began following the tattered road.

--- --- ---

Walking down the path Soldier had chosen turned out to be a fruitless attempt. They haven't found anything along the road, and there was no end to the road. As they kept walking, night began falling. In front of the pack, Soldier was the only one that doesn't have a tired face on, beside the Scout. The sun was on the horizon, the warming orange bathed the six men bodies, and so does sweat.

Suddenly Soldier stopped his march, and everyone behind him followed. He then extinguish his cigarette and crouched, with a knuckled hand up in the air, a command to be quiet. Rattle of gunfire erupted from the distance.

"ROBOTS DEAD AHEAD ! CHARGE !" screamed the crazed patriot.

With pickaxe in hand, Soldier ran towards the source of gunfire. Engineer, Medic, Heavy, Demoman and Scout followed, with what's left of their weaponry in their hands. Arriving at the scene, they were greeted by a sight of a white trailer with boarded windows being peppered by rounds by unknown gunmen from the left side of the road. Then the barrels shifted towards them.

A hail of lead rained upon their position, forcing the six men to take refuge by the roadside ditch. Immediately, Medic sprang into action, giving everyone an over heal for insurance. The Engineer let out a few shot from his Rescue Ranger, forcing the shooters to take cover, whilst tagging their position.

"Put a dispenser here," ordered the Scout.

Engineer opened the build option on his Pip-Boy, and pick the the Dispenser. As the dispenser builds the bullets heading their way stopped. Everyone peeked out of cover, and the lead storm continued.

"Schweinhund...." the Medic cursed.

"DOKTOR !" the huge Russian called.

"Ja ?" answered the doctor.

With his finger pointing at the opposite side of the road, Heavy shouted, "Look !"

With palm impacting his face, the man of medicine cursed, "Dummkopf!"

While they were waiting for the dispenser to build, Soldier had exited the ditch and crawled towards the shooters. With his makeshift grenade safety off, he slowly made his way across the road. Without skipping a beat, he entered the opposite ditch without injuries. Soldier look back at his teammates and waved his hand downward, they complied. The veteran combatant released his grip on the primer, also makeshift, and lobbed the can over a boulder.

Two earth pony Raiders behind the boulder glance at the grey can. Their lives ended shortly after the can turned them into red mist, dismembered limbs and charred flesh in a fiery explosion. The other watched with worry as smoke and falling dirt replaced the air around Soldier's part of the ditch. Then a sign of life. Soldier emerged from the ditch unharmed.

After the shooter were eliminated, without bothering to check who they were, the six men replenished their ammunition via the Dispenser. With weapons loaded it was time to check the trailer.

"Any volunteer for opening that door ?" asked the helmet wearing man.

His question was answered by silence.

Bothered by the lack of question, the Soldier said quickly, "Last one to pick their nose is opening that door !"

The men quickly put a finger into their nose, avoiding being forced to open the caravan. Except for the Engineer. He was going through his Pip-Boy's map when everyone looked at him with fingers up their nose. The lack of sound caught his attention.

The Engineer looked towards his team and asked, "Why ya'll pickin' yer noses ?"

Arguing for a retry wasn't an option. The Engineer was forced to open the door. As the the rest of the team watched within the safety of the roadside ditch, the Engineer walked towards the bullet holes decorated trailer. The Texan approached the door cautiously, with the Rescue Ranger drawn. Arriving in front of the door he looked back to the ditch holding the rest of his team, Soldier gave him a nod of encouragement. Engineer placed his arm on the knob and twist it, and the door opened. The interior of the trailer was a shipwreck, numerous articles were strewn a cross the floor, from bottles, surgical tubes, syringes, metals and even an artillery shell.

The Texan walked carefully towards the back of the trailer, but he wasn't careful enough as he stepped on a jar of eyeballs, breaking it and spilling it's content onto the floor and his shoe, he yelled, "Damn it !"

Swiftly he focused his attention towards the back of the trailer once more. As his goggle covered eyes returned to his objective, his gaze was met by something very familiar to the Texan.

He dropped his guard and the Rescue Ranger, and said to the shadowy figure, "It's safe now little guy."

"What's taking that Canadian so long !" said Soldier in the ditch.

Contrary to what Soldier just said, the Engineer reappeared from the trailer, with his back facing them. To their surprise, Engineer brought something out with him. Standing on four legs with a height about the Engineer's stomach, it was a pony, retaining a coat color of beige and a mane of brown with a streak of blonde. But to the team the most peculiar was the pointy horn jutting from its head.

Demoman was the first one to respond, "Ach.....no."

"Vhat is it Demoman ?" question the Medic.

"Me mum used to tell me about unicorns," Demo continued to tell, "legends has it that unicorns held healin' magic, but they were legends !"

The men kept staring at the Engineer and the unicorn. The Texan had a gleeful grin sketched to his face as he gently comb the little pony's mane.

Then, with a female sounding voice the little unicorn asked, "Can you stop doing that please ?"

The Texan smile faded and turned into scream. Following the Engineer example the rest screamed.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"DAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

"IT'S THE DEVIL'S WORK !" shouted Demoman.

Soldier pointed to the sky and shouted, "Damn you Merasmus !"