• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 2,268 Views, 45 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Beyond the Badlands - A Pony Typewriter

  • ...
10
 45
 2,268

Let Me Tell ya'll a Story

Of Pip-boys and Wrenches

Howdy, ah'm the Engineer, but ya'll can call me Dell, Dell Conagher. --- Yer probably askin' yerself why am I telling you these classified information, well if ah' gonna tell you my story might as well start with ma'h name ain't it ? ---That's right ! ah got a little tale to tell, a story about little ol' me and ma'h friends, a story like none others, heck I bet ma'h Pip-Boy, even Solly ain't got nothin' like this !--- Well I'm going to start ma'h story with here little device on mah wrist, this is called the Pip-Boy.


Now, you might be askin' yourself, what is a Pip-Boy. A Pip-Boy is device that is worn on ones wrist, available on the Mann Co. store fer a reasonable price. A combination of Mann Co. Australium-based technology, and RobCo. superb computer tech, your Pip-Boy tell you if yer sick, and tells you what to take if you wanna get better, track just about everythin' what're you carryin' , help you fix stuff, it even make map outta place you've been to. Also if you want tha' listen to music, this device can tune into any radio broadcast, and even record songs. Here comes the interesting bit. Someone's Pip-Boy can also tell ya when someone is friendly or hostile, but it can't tell if someone yer seein' is a Spy. Maybe, the most amazing thing about the Pip-Boy itself is the M.A.T.S. (Mann Co. Assisted Targeting System) shootin' never been easier, but that feature ain't allowed while I'm workin', it says it would break contract. Oh, ah' almost forgot, the Pip-Boy also tag any place you've been into,pretty handy if you work on tha' desert, and tell if someone else is wearing another Pip-Boy, but not many folk wear this device.

It also works as a lamp.

CLICK

See ? But outta alla' us only I use the thing, ah' bet they're regretin' not havin' one o' these before.

But the the most important thing that the Pip-Boy make ma'h job a breeze. It keeps track of the stuff ah' build, the condition of the stuff, also keep count of ammo on a sentry, and metals on my dispenser. So yeah, havin' this little thing on ma'h hand make my job easier.

Did ah' tell you about my job ? Well I'm an Engineer, workin' fer a company called Reliable Excavation Demolition, me and several other guys were hired to fight off the competition, known as Builder League United, or BLU fer short. Our job description was simple, steal BLU's company files, blow BLU's operations, capture BLU's facilities, or defend RED's facilities of bein' blown to smithereens, and the guys and I've been doin' this for at least five years now, the description might be simple enough but every employee got they're own role, mu'h job as the Engineer is to support ma'h team, supply 'em with ammo and give 'em transportation to the front, and most importantly, to keep our intel and RED's facility safe, with a little help of ma'h own creation.

Well not anymore. Ever since our boss' bucket got kicked, we've been workin' fer Mann Co. an' since Mann Co. was taken over by those damn rust bucket and their 'Creator' we were outta job, ma'h friend and I. We gone our separate fer a while, until Ms. Pauling arrange a reunion party fer alla' us, next thing ah' know we're fightin' robots! Well the robot fightin' ain't goin so well, then my buddies and ah' end up in this weird place that came from an up side down Pyroland !

At first, we thought we're still in the Badlands. Ah' mean if ya compare to the place, it was pretty much tha' same. Dead trees, nothin growin' on the ground, and the sound of guns in the distance, not mucha' a different. Turns out, we ain't in New Mexico no more. Ah've been told that,the whole land was an A-Bomb test site, water makes you grow another toe, anythin' you eat makes a Geiger gon' clickity-click, the dead's a movin' nuclear reactor, and the cloud would weld yer cloth to yer skin !

Before ah' make ya sick with them details 'bout the Clouds, ah'll tell you somethin' else. Well beside the radiation, the water, the food, the most peculiar thin' we found in this.... up-side down Pyroland was the people livin' there. Ah' guess ya can call 'em people, but ah'm not sure mahself. They're anythin' but humans, the things livin' there....well, some were critters from one o' them mythology, ah'm not sure which ones, but they're smart and talks! Some of them even wear Pip-Boys! Heck even laser guns ain't just some Mann Co. prototype in there! But it still cost ya a lot tha' bottlecaps to get one.

Oh yeah, the economy there is a bit funny, the folks there use bottlecaps fer a currency, and here everyone thought tradin' metals fer headgear is weird.

Ah' guess that'll be enough fer the introduction, don't ya think?

Alla' this start when Solly, Demo, Heavy, Scout, Medic and I were defendin' the town o' Teufort, we didn't know what were we defendin' it for, then Miss Pauling said there was an Australium cache under the Town Hall, so not only the town folks were lead-poisoned fer generations, but had pretty big chance that everyone in tha' town gonna get cancer, or turned to some kinda mutant. Well we held out fer a while, but then one o' them big damn robot pops up, blew alla' my stuff, and push us back to the city dump inna' center o' town. Solly was runnin' empty, Demo only got his sword, Scout ended up with his..... Mackerel, Heavy got nothin', and Medic ran outta syringes. But dem' robots kept comin' and comin' , we were cornered and had to go out fast. A plan hatched outta mah' brain, so ah' pulled out one of ma'h fancy wrenches, tell ma'h buddies to hold on and zap us outta dodge!

Only thing is we didn't up at the Town Hall as were s'posed to......