• Published 1st Feb 2014
  • 2,266 Views, 45 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Beyond the Badlands - A Pony Typewriter

  • ...
10
 45
 2,266

Something Similar

Something Similar

Green

The human on the bed was glowing green.

Six men waited anxiously outside an entrance to a medical tent. The ponies in lab coats didn't say anything when they took Soldier into the tent. Immediately they injected him with liquid hued golden brown into his system as he lies unconscious. Everyone watched silently. Waiting for their helmeted friend to regained consciousness. They wanted to sat by him but the lab coated unicorn who was standing guard repelled their intention. It was the unknown that kept them on edge. Uncertainty of their team member condition gnawing at them.

While they were waiting, the Texan had explained to the rest of his co-workers about where they were. Comprehension of it was difficult.

Past Tale left the red clad men to visit the ghoul they had rescued. She entered Absolutely Everything and was greeted by smile from Ditzy Doo and her adoptive daughter. The beige mare told the ghoul store owner her intention and began unpacking her saddlebag. Items were strewn across the cashier desk. They began trading.

Bottle caps were given and merchandises placed on shelves, the trade was done. Before Past Tale left, Ditzy wrote something to her. A plea to escort her to the thing that rescued her.

Past Tale agreed, "I'll take you to....him Ms. Doo."

Ghoul and mare left the building and moved to the medical tent. Arriving at the tent the store owner were given eyes of surprise by the men. The first thing the group thought that it was a zombie pony. The merchant mare cleared any thought that Ditzy would bite. But what surprised them most is the pony on the standing guard on the entrance let her in.

"Hey! Why did ya let it in ?!" asked the Scout.

The stallion answered, "She'll be alright."

"And ya think we don't ?" the Scout retorted.

"Ghouls are resistant to radiation. Your friend is covered in it that's why I can't let you in," the pony explained.

"You guys haven't see a ghoul before ?" Past Tale asked.

"We seen ghost, skeletons, zombies, floatin' eyes that shoot bombs," Tavish told her.

Engineer added, "A magic book that can tern' yer head tha' bombs."

"A magic man," Heavy continued.

"Headless Horseless Horseman," Scout added.

"But never a ghoul zhat resist radiation," the Medic confessed, "very interesting."

Past Tale and the Followers of the Apocalypse stallion didn't know how to react to the overwhelming information that they were given to. It was hard for them to digest, let alone believe. The ghoul pegasus came out of the tent with a rather refreshed face she wrote something on her little chalk board for the stallion in lab coat.

RadAway for him are free

Then she turned to the men clad in red and wrote again.

I'm sorry

The Engineer was the first to respond, "Aw don't feel bad Solly gon' be alright."

"Don't worry lass he'll be alright," Demoman added with an encouraging grin, "He's one though bastard he is."

The Scout encouraged more, "Nothing can really hurt Soldier that I'm sure."

The men was a little surprised at Scout lack of ego.

During the explanation from the stallion, the word 'radiation' didn't escape the physician's ears. He demanded to entry to the tent. The answer was still no. Heavy stepped in, he told the little stallion that his doctor is also the man laying unconscious doctor's. Rather than the reasoning, it was the sheer size of the creature in front of him that altered the stallion decision.

Medic brought the Texan inside with him. The stallion followed.

The Soldier was still glowing. Particularly on his feet.

Inside he told his intention. To check on his helmeted comrade. The physician without a license told the Texan to hold open one of Soldier's eyelid. He nodded.

Engineer removed his right arm glove. Exposing the artificial palm connected to his arm. With two of mechanical finger he held Soldier's left eye lid. There was an instant reaction.

Soldier jumped out of bed and threw himself to the pony in lab coat, screaming, "I WILL STRANGLE THE LIFE OUT OF YOU EAGLE BRED EUROPEAN ROBOT MAKING MAGGOT !"

--- --- ---

Past Tale along with Ditzy Doo, the RED's and the stallion that Soldier gave a black eye to, sat on the Golden Grub's stools. With the exception of the helmeted man, who was restrained and sedated to continue his treatment. The attempt the young buck member of the Followers of the Apocalypse wasn't going well. He was still shaking from the assault.

The beige mare enjoyed her gator and vegetable shish kebab with a cold apple cider. She glanced to her left. None of her newly found alien companion hadn't found a way to swept away the fear from the lab coat clad pony. Engineer asked Scout to buy the black eye pony more cider. He was forced to comply. The free alcohol gained them a thanks and turned the frown on the buck upside down.

The one right next to her was the huge man. Known as Ivan. She looked at him. The Russian stared a photo. A family photo. The beige mare asked who were they. At first the Russian just glared at her, making the beige mare uneasy.

"This is moya sem'ya" the huge man told her.

"What ?" she said dumbfounded.

"Family," Heavy translated, "Zhanna, Bronislava, Yana, Mother..."

"And Ivan," Past Tale pointed out as the burly man pointed to the last figure.

"Nyet. Misha," he said.

"Wait I thought your name was Ivan ?" she asked.

"It is name doktor used to call me by," explained the Heavy, his tone deep and dark.

"Well I think Misha's a better name," she told Heavy, "sounds better and Ivan is overrated anyways."

The Russian asked, "Why so ?"

"I met two or more griffons named Ivan before," she informed him.

Heavy returned to the photo. He stored it back in his pocket to continue devouring his squirrel on a stick. Finishing her meal, Past Tale left the men once more this time to met the town sheriff. He found the stallion in charge of the town in front of the contraption Dell had build. He pushed a button, and flinched at a piece of metal dispensed out from it. Chuckling, the beige mare approached him. She told him that there would be no supplies from her for the town. Railright knew the reason.

Before leaving Railright with the Dispenser. The grey earth pony stallion gave her another opportunity to make bottle caps. Being a merchant she gladly took it. Railright invited the beige mare back to the Golden Grub. They entered the kitchen passing the now livelier atmosphere surrounding her new companions, the ghoul store owner, and the black eyed stallion.

Railright shouted, "Stall I got ya a delivery mare !"

A pegasus stallion appeared, pleased with the announcement he said, "Finally shipment been sittin' long enough."

The winged pony opened a freezer a took out plastic packages. Then those packages were placed inside a first aid box filled with frozen water bottle. He shut the lid and passed it to the beige mare.

She asked, "What's in the box ?"

"Marinated Brahmin meat," he added, "and some other meat."

"And who exactly am I delivering Brahmin meat for ?" she demanded.

Stall explained, "Don't know. The Followers ordered some but none of them have pick them up."

"That cuz' Raiders been movin' round here," Railright told them, "Followers ain't exactly equipped for Raiders shootin'."

She countered, "But NCR got them covered."

"NCR been too stretch with that thing out in the desert," Stall explained, "And Hoofington is also been pulling much of their troops."

Railright backed him up, saying, "With NCR ain't round New Appleloosa got tha' enlist some of it own."

Past Tale brought them back to the topic at hand, "So what do you want me to do with the meat ?"

"Well, the order came from Junction Town. I'm guessing it came from the Followers top brass," Stall continued, "Try asking them there."

With tasked given and direction explained. Past Tale left the kitchen to told her new companions that she had to leave soon. They insisted on following. That would mean waiting for the helmeted one to be conscious once again. Before she hopped on the stool. There were shouts from the tent. And the Jane Doe appeared out of it. Standing. A fading glow from his shoes.

"Well we're ready to go," announced the Engineer.

He walked to his Dispenser and fold it into a toolbox once more.

Although the ponies in lab coats insisted the helmeted human to stop an rest, there was no stopping him. Medic told them he'll take care of them and asked wether the Soldier required any medicine. One of the ponies told the physician that Jane Doe would have to take regular dose of RadAway. A mare gave some to the Medic, courtesy of the two century old mare. Sure enough Dell's Geiger counter on his Pip-Boy began to play its ominous song as Soldier approached them.

Before they left the Texan asked if any of them had seen the wrench known as The Eureka Effect. A shake from ponies head. A sign of not knowing.

With Soldier back on their side and a package to deliver. The six men and mare walked out of New Appleloosa towards Junction Town.

--- --- ---

Like New Appleloosa, Junction Town was surrounded by walls. But not as heavy and high. It was more of a fence. A city limit to the New Canterlot Republic's capital city. Similarity was held by the towers in corners of the town. Unlike in the previous settlement they visited these towers were occupied by uniformed, armored, heavier armed ponies and griffin. Some even had machine gun mounted on it.

The town was at infancy of an infant nation and faction. The inhabitants few, security was overwhelming. But at this very crossroad history was made. A starting point of change for the Wasteland.

As they entered, the men were halted once more. The beige mare explained that they were with her. The NCR stallion asked for more. With honed skill of speech through her history of barter. She was able to convinced the trooper to gave the six men admittance in to the city.

Walking into the city gave the men ponies, zebras, griffin heads turning to looked at them. Which also brought upon awkward silence among them. And inaudible whisper among the locals.

Past Tale made a beeline for the Followers of the Apocalypse tents. Which was also their headquarters. Past Tale told the men to wait outside, not wanting to startle anyone inside.

She entered and asked a unicorn stallion, "Uhm-I need to see your boss."

"So sorry but she isn't here right now," told the stallion.

"I got a package to deliver. New Appleloosa said you ponies ordered it." informed her.

"Oh !" the stallion chirped, "Velvet have been waiting for someone to do this."

"Why can't you get someone else till' now ?" inquired the mare.

The stallion explained, "This isn't the kind of delivery anyone wants to do. You must got guts willing to do this."

Past Tale questioned once more, "Why's that ?"

"This came straight from Fluttershy," he told her as he pulled out paperwork, "You will deliver it to Ponyville."

Silent. Fuck me the beige mare thought.

She exit the tent with terrified expression carved onto her pony face.

"You look ill fraulien. What's the matter ?" asked the Medic with concern.

"I'm dead," she told them.

"Little pony is not dead," Misha emphasized the obvious.

"Going to be," she told them.

Dell said, "Why ? What happened ?"

"I got to deliver steak to Hellhound territory," she explained.

Demoman encouraged, "Ach it can't be that bad lass. We got ya cover."

"Didn't you hear what I said. Hellhound territory. Hellhound !" she shrieked, "Hounds !"

With the commotion outside, the stallion inside left the tent. He paused seeing the strange creature in front. He regained his composure.

He reassured the safety the delivery of the package. Explaining the expected of her journey. He convinced her of no harm would came upon her. The Hellhound of Ponyville weren't hostile he told her and the men.

She wasn't convinced.

The stallion said, "And besides its a sanctuary. Fluttershy is there also I'm sure she'll help you there."

Although there were risks and possibility of death she gave it a go. There was promise of caps. She needed those caps to cover the loss yesterday.

"And you got us !" boasted Jarvis.

She sighed and agreed to the given task. They walked through the town center and exit Junction Town from another end. As they left guards turn their heads on to another direction. To someone whistling and shouting about 'Light Bringer' and 'Stable Dweller'. They kept walking.

--- --- ---

Ponyville.

Once a peaceful village. Now was nothing but a collection of abandoned straw roofed houses. This was once the village where harmony resides. A home to Equestrias hero. This was what Past Tale knew.

What she also knew is that the place is crawling with Hellhounds. Creatures that were notorious with slicing ponies into bits with their sharp claws. Or turn anyone into ash. Or worse. She hated to think the consequences. From all of them, only she had encountered Hellhounds. But that time she lost, she ran.

From behind the some boulders she hid. And so does the six men.

"What 're we doin' ?" asked Dell.

She hushed the Ten-Gallon wearing man. Dell looked back at his team. They gave them a questioning look. He shrugged and everybody looked over his shoulder. Past Tale brought up her rifle and scanned the surrounding in front.

"Any volunteer ?" the beige mare asked.

The men turned their heads to the Boston youth.

"What ?" he said.

They all shoved him on to the open. With the package opened. He took a few step forward. Then halted. Something caught his attention between the shadows among the aging houses.

Behind those dark shadows something moved again. Scout didn't know where exactly. But he felt he was being watched. He held the package dearly. Bracing for the worst. He felt breathing on his foot.

He looked down. What he found wasn't something he was expecting. He had thought it would be a vicious dog that able to turned him into human sushi. Instead it was a puppy. He picked it up.

"Hey what'ca up to lil' guy ?" cooed the Bostonian.

He licked the young man. The beige mare didn't believe what she heard. She was expecting scream. She was expecting bloodcurdling scream. The beige mare took a peek. He saw the skinny man waved and cuddled with a puppy in his grasp. In an instant a shadowy figure appeared behind Scout as he continued to play with the young hound. Her face turned somber.

There was a blip on the Texan Pip-Boy.

"Oh there ya are !" the shadowy figure said, "I see you made a friend."

Scout stared at the figure. A mother Hellhound.

"My what happened to your fur ?" she asked the Scout, "all you got is skin. Are you sick ?"

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"