• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 614 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 614

Chapter 11 Up the Mountain

Shining ran to the base of the mountain and saw a sign saying this tunnel is to the top of the mountain. Shining walked slowly into the dark stone tunnel and pulled out his lantern to see his way through the darkness. As he walked down the tunnel he saw a stallion standing in the middle of the tunnel. The stallion look at him and was surprised to see a young stallion climbing up to the mountain’s top.

Shining asked the stallion, “Sir, do you need help climbing to the top of this mountain.”

The stallion replied, “Yes, I do need help. I am trying to escape capture by the royal guard.”

Shining asked him, “Are you by chance a descendant of one of the seven sages?”

The stallion replied, “Yes, I am one. My name is Donburn, what is yours?”

Shining answered him, “My name is Shining.”

Shining lead the way through the dark damp tunnels. After a few minutes they saw a light at the end of the tunnel. The two left the tunnel and saw they were high up on the mountainside. Donburn gave him an item that was created during the imprisoning war. It was a magic mirror, which could be used to cross between worlds and exit temples.

Soon the two went their separate ways so shining could climb the mountain. As he climbed he saw a gray mist appear near the top of the mountain. Shining traveled through the mist carefully and he saw a small arch near a small hot spring. Shining walked through the arch and he saw that he was turned into a giant pink bunny. He pulled out the mirror and looked into it and saw where he was standing is on a ledge he couldn’t climb up to.

Shining activated the mirror’s powers and saw it took him up on the ledge near the arch. Over on a small outcropping he saw a stone monument with ancient Hyponian text. Shining deciphered it and it said Hold up the master sword and receive the power of Ether. Shining made a note of what to do after he got the master sword. Shining ran to the entrance to the tall stone tower and went inside.