• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 613 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 613

Prologue

Hundred years ago three Goddesses looked after the land of Equesrule, and all was peaceful. In another land they created called the Sacred Land they put a powerful artifact the Trihorce, this golden object would grant aynpony who touched it, they would be granted anything their hearts’ desired. The goddesses left for the heavens watching over Equesrule with a careful eye.

As time went by the secret of the golden object spread throughout the land, the people journeyed to capture this object for themselves. But only one pony succeeded an evil king known as Ganbra, he turned the Sacred Land into a world of Darkness. This dark land turns anypony who comes here into what their nature is. The evil king killed his own people so he would never be challenged.

Then it happened, he waged war with the Light World, to gain control over it. A horrible war ensued and many members the Knights of Equesrule died in the war. One brave knight found an ancient sword called the master sword. This sword had the power to defeat any evil it came across. The pony kept defeating the king monsters and held back the king’s forces protecting the kingdom with all of his strength.

A group of seven sages joined the hero and they fought to save the land of Equesrule. The sages closed all portals to the Dark World except one. The sages created a mirror that could bring the hero back from the Dark World, as well as a pearl that would keep him from transforming when he was in the Dark World. The hero followed the king into the Dark World and the sages sealed the two in that world.

The hero used the mirror to come back to the Light World and he had a long happy life with the princess of this kingdom when he was laid to his sword was place in a pedestal that protected it form evil hands. Only those who gathered the three pendants he wore that were place at three of the temples dedicated to one of the three golden goddesses could wield this ancient blade.

Now the land is peaceful and all is safe until a wizard named Agahbra killed the king and took the throne for himself. He began to capture the seven maidens who descended from the ancient sages in order to break the seal. All but one of them have been sent to the Dark World and now on the eve of her banishment Princess Cadance calls for the help of anypony who will help her.