• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 612 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 612

Chapter 2 The Rescue

Shining snuck around the castle trying to keep a low profile. He found a map of the castle in the castle barracks. Shining knew this would come in handy, he saw that there was a staircase to the top dungeon floor. He began to head for that staircase when a guard spotted him.

The guard said, “Hey you stop right there!”

Shining started to run away when he heard the guard, he knew he would have to fight eventually. So, just as he got to the stairs he stopped and saw he had three guards were following him.

The guards said, “Drop you weapons it is three against one, now surrender or die.”

Shining said, “I will stand and fight!”

The guards smirked and said, “Your funeral for treason then.”

The three guards charged at him and Shining remembered a trick his uncle taught him. Shining focused his mind and just as they got close he spun around and the three suddenly fell dead. To his surprise they vanished in a puff of white smoke. He knew that it wouldn’t be easy to get to the bottom floor of the castle.

Shining went down the stairs and crept around until he found a locked door. He looked at the map and saw that the bottom floor was through this door. Now he saw a note on the map stating that a key was in the room to the left of the door. Shining saw a chest next to the door labeled contraband, he thought that useful item might be in it.

Shining opened the chest and saw only one thing was in it, it was a boomerang. He went into the room and saw that there was a guard watching the key to that door. Shining threw the boomerang and saw it knocked him unconscious. He then grabbed the key and killed the guard, like the last three hey vanished in a puff of smoke.

Shining used the key and went through the door. As he reached the bottom floor he saw a princess in a cell crying.

He ran over and asked her, “Are you Princess Cadance? I’m here to rescue you!”

All of a sudden a heavily armored guard spotted him and said, “So you managed to get past the wimp guards above here. I am guessing you came to rescue princess Cadance. Now good luck and get ready to die punk!”

Shining grabbed his boomerang and threw it at the guard knocking his helmet off. The guard grabbed his heavy flail and swung it at him. Shining dodged it and sliced the guard face and the mighty guard died the vanished leaving a key in his place. Shining grabbed the key and opened the cell door for the princess.

Princess Cadance said, “Thank you, dear colt. May I ask your name?”

Shining blushed and said, “My name is Shining Armor, and I heard you call in my dream.”

Princess Cadance kissed him and said, “Now we need to escape to the church it will be my hiding place for now.”