• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 609 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 609

Chapter 14 Into the Dark World

Shining raced into the castle and ran over to the tower entrance. As he entered he saw two knights in heavy plate mail armor. Shining drew his sword and kept hitting the armor until the knights collapsed dead. He went to the next room and saw that it was filled with broken armor pieces and weapon scraps. Shining looked over and saw a quiver full of arrows, so he took it to replace his empty one.

Shining climbed the stairs and saw the guards escorting Cadance to the room at the top of the tower. He chased after them and they stopped just as he entered the room. Shining dealt with these soldiers and went through the door and saw that Cadance was in a trance in a special bed.

The Wizard saw him and said, “You poor foolish peasant you should have stayed out of my affairs. Now I Agahbra shall make you watch as the princess disappears into the dark world.”

Agahbra cast a spell on the princess and she vanished just as he said, “Now the seal made by those sages is broken my master is free once more.”

Just as Shining was about to hit him with the master sword he vanished. Shining looked at the curtains and opened each set and saw a hidden staircase. He ran up the stairs hoping to catch the evil wizard and stop him here and now.

Agahbra said to him, “I don’t know whether to be impressed or scared but if you want to save the princess defeat me in battle, right here right now.”

Shining drew his sword and focus himself to perform the spin attack. Just as Agahbra shot an orb of energy at him Shining hit it back at him and hurt the wizard with his own attack. Shining ran over to him to deliver a killing blow but all of a sudden he saw the surrounding area become a new land scape.

Shining heard Sahahasmac’s voice come from the crystal and tell him, “You have been sent into the dark world and I magically marked the location of each of the maiden’s crystal prisons are located.”