• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 612 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 612

Chapter 19 A New Friend

Shining looked at his map the next morning and saw that there was a portal near the village. He went to the heavy posts next to the old grotto and hit one with the hammer. Shining walked into the grotto and saw a small stone with a pale blue glow underneath it. He lifted up the stone and saw a tile with a sparkling light to it. Shining stepped onto the tile and saw that he was in the grotto’s reverse location.

Shining walked down the path and saw that Kakikony Village was a village full of thieves. He saw a sign that read, Village of Outcasts those without rupbits are not welcome here. Shining walked down the path sword drawn in case a thief tried to rob him. As he past the gargoyle statue he hear a voice crying for help. Shining saw that behind the trident of the statue was a hidden staircase.

Before he entered he saw a thief about to snatch his bag. He turned and lopped off the thief’s hand and scared him off. Shining decided to chase the thief and saw him enter an old house. He entered and saw that the thief was all alone and in terrible pain.

Shining went over to him and asked, “Why did you try to steal my bag?”

The thief replied, “I was hoping to find something to eat because I have no food here.”

Shining felt sorry for the thief and gave him the potion he had and the wound turned into a stump and stopped bleeding. Shining saw that in the corner of the room was a special wooden hand. He went over and grabbed it and put it on the thief’s stump. Then much to the thief’s surprise Shining gave him a bag of five apples and a small bag with forty rupbits.

The thief asked, “Why did you help me after I did that?”

Shining replied, “I am trying to rescue some maidens to restore this land to normal. I was hoping you could help me with the dungeon of this town.”

The thief replied, “I stole a key and a map from the dungeon of this place.”

Shining was given the items the thief stole and was glad to see that he had made somepony happy. Shining went back to the statue and went down into the dungeon and saw it was an abandoned lair of a thieves’ guild. So he knew that this place could be booby-trapped so he had to be careful.