• Published 17th Jan 2014
  • 613 Views, 16 Comments

The Legend of Cadance A Shining Link to the Past - Forgotten Legends



As the hero of legend tries to save his princess he faces many dangers on his journey. He will face monsters, brainwashed soldiers, and an evil King

  • ...
7
 16
 613

Chapter 22 The Swampy Palace

Shining went to the ruins in the swamp and lifted a stone that had fallen and saw a portal underneath it. He stepped into the portal and saw it took him to a palace in the same place as the ruins. He walked inside and saw that there were trenches with ladders in them to climb up and down in them. He saw a ladder was broken so he took the other one and saw a chest. Inside it was a big key and a map, the map had notes on it saying to use the counterpart to flood the trenches.

Shining saw that he had to go back to the ruins, so he used the mirror to go back to the light world. After he arrived Shining went into the ruins and saw a large lever. He pulled the lever and saw that water flowed into the trench next to him. Shining stepped into the portal and saw that the water next to the palace was gone.

Shining entered the palace and saw the trench was flooded, so he jumped into it and swam to the broken ladder. Shining climbed up the ladder and saw a big chest. He opened it and saw a rod with a button and a hook on it. Shining ran to the next trench and saw there was no ladder but there was a wooden post on the other side of it. Shining pulled out the item he got and pressed the button.

The hook as well as a long chain shot out and yanked him across the gap. He decided to call this thing the Hookshot, due to the fact it shot the hook and reeled it and him in. Shining made his way to the boss chamber and saw the familiar stone tablet to get to the entrance once more.

Shining entered the room to see a huge squid like creature pop up out of the pool of water in the center. Around the beast’s body were smaller versions of itself. Shining guessed they were offspring and it was the mom. Shining used the Hookshot to bring one closer for him to kill, he then slayed the little guy. He saw the mom was careless with her young ones. Shining kept repeating the process until the mom was left. She was furious about her carelessness with her young and she attacked Shining for killing her young.

Shining saw that her eye was unprotected so he stabbed her eye every time she got close. After minutes of intense fighting the monster fell to the floor and lay dead. It vanished and left a heart gem in its place, Shining picked up the gem and saw his muscles grow a bit bigger.

All of a sudden a gem fell from the ceiling containing another princess, as she woke she said, “Thank you for rescuing me, now I shall join the others at the church. See you soon, bye!”

Shining picked up the gem and put it in his bag and stepped into the blue portal to go back to the entrance. He then went to the next location on his map it looked like a huge swampy marshland. Shining was determined to finish his quest at any cost.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment