• Published 16th Jan 2014
  • 5,544 Views, 92 Comments

To Earn One's Love - Mattricole



After learning Diamond Tiara is a threat to the future, Apple Bloom sets out to save Equestria the only way she knows how...make Diamond Tiara love her.

  • ...
6
 92
 5,544

Chapter 6

“Y--you what?!” Diamond Tiara practically shouted, backing away from Scootaloo.

“I said I love you!” Scootaloo said as she walked up to Diamond Tiara, backing her up into a wall. “I can’t help it, your be--beau--ugh, so totally hot! Leave Apple Bloom and be with me!” Scootaloo begged as she lifted Diamond Tiara’s hoof.

“Uh, listen, Scootaloo, I’m….flattered, really! It’s just…” Diamond Tiara sighed to herself, unable to really think of a way to get out of this. Guess I’ll just tell her the truth, she thought to herself with a shrug. “I--I’m with Apple Bloom now.”

“So?!” Scootaloo shouted, throwing her hooves into the air. “She’s an apple farmer, your looking at a future athlete! Isn’t that way cooler?” Scootaloo asked with a smirk, there was no way Diamond Tiara could deny that.

“Yeah, real cool, Scootaloo,” Diamond Tiara mumbled, rolling her eyes in annoyance. “I’m sorry, Scootaloo, but I’m with Apple Bloom. And even though she’s just an apple farmer, I want to give us a chance!” Diamond Tiara said as she gently pushed Scootaloo away. “I’m sorry, really, but I just don’t feel right abandoning Apple Bloom for you.” And with that Diamond Tiara walked away from a shocked Scootaloo.

“Howdie, Diamond Tiara, ah got our tickets!” Apple Bloom shouted as she walked up to her date, and spotted Scootaloo. “Hey, what’s Scoots doing here?” Apple Bloom asked, staring between the two.

“Oh, you know, she was just being protective over you,” Diamond Tiara said as she walked on ahead.

“Alright, ah’ll catch up in a sec,” Apple Bloom said as she walked up to Scootaloo. “Ah saw that Scoots,” Apple Bloom said as she glared at Scootaloo.

“S--saw what?” Scootaloo asked, her eyes darting everywhere.

“Ya know what,” Apple Bloom growled, glaring at her. “Ah can handle mahself, ah’m not a baby!” And with that Apple Bloom walked away from a glaring Scootaloo.

“I was just trying to help!” Scootaloo shouted back, turning away and walking back to Sweetie Belle.

“Well, that didn’t end well,” Sweetie Belle said as the two of them walked away from the movie theater. “I’m sorry, Scootaloo, if I knew about how you felt about Diamond I would have--”

“I’m not in love with Diamond Tiara!” Scootaloo shouted, causing Sweetie Belle to squeak in surprise. “I just wanted to show Apple Bloom how quickly Diamond would kick her to the curb when somepony better showed up!” Scootaloo growled as she kicked a nearby pebble, sending it off into a nearby wall. After a few seconds of walking in silence, Sweetie Belle finally turned to Scootaloo with a glare.

“What do you mean by ‘better’?” Sweetie Belle asked, causing Scootaloo to blush slightly.

“B--better by her standards!” Scootaloo quickly said, looking away from her friend. “I mean, there’s nothing wrong with being an apple farmer, but since it’s Diamond Tiara I figured she’d rather date a athlete than a...I’m not making myself look better, am I?” Scootaloo asked. Sweetie Belle merely sighed as she hung her head in embarrassment.

“No, Scootaloo, no you’re not.” Sweetie Belle mumbled, earning a glare from Scootaloo.

“Well, who cares?!” Scootaloo shouted as she glared into the night sky. “The bottom line is, we need to show Apple Bloom who Diamond Tiara really is!” Scootaloo said as she looked back to her friend. “And you’re going to help me!”

“Why would I?” Sweetie Belle asked, earning a smirk from Scootaloo.

“Cause on the slim chance I’m wrong, it’ll prove you right!” Scootaloo said, though Sweetie Belle continued to simply stare at her. Sighing in defeat, Scootaloo brought out her trump card. “And we might get our cutie marks in foalnapping?”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS FOALNAPPERS YAY!” Sweetie Belle shouted out, drawing the attention of everypony in town.

“...Way to be subtle, Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo mumbled, slapping her face in embarrassment.


“Ah had a really great time, Diamond Tiara!” Apple Bloom said as the two of them left the movie theater. “And ah really liked the part when they were fighting inside Equestria! It was amazing!”

“I know, right?!” Diamond Tiara gushed as she thought back on the amazing fight. “That has got to be the greatest Pony Ball Z movie ever!” After a few minutes of walking, the two made it back to the park.

“Anyways, ah gotta go this way,” Apple Bloom said as she pointed towards Sweet Apple Acres. “Ya sure ya don’t want me ta walk ya home?” Apple Bloom asked. Diamond Tiara simply shook her head.

“You worry too much, Apple Bloom, I’ll be fine!” Diamond Tiara said as she trotted off into the opposite direction. Apple Bloom simply stared at the retreating back of Diamond Tiara for a few seconds more, until she finally turned around herself and began her walk back home.

Ah still can’t believe how much fun today was! Apple Bloom thought with a giggle. Maybe the two of them could work out after all? The only thing she regretted was not walking Diamond Tiara home, but then again it wasn’t that late. After all, what were the chances of anything bad happening...in….Ponyville…..

“Diamond Tiara!” Apple Bloom shouted in despair as she quickly ran in the direction Diamond Tiara went off in. “How could ah be so stupid!”


I still can’t believe how amazing today was! Diamond Tiara thought as she trotted back home. The food was amazing, and so was the movie! The only bad thing was Apple Bloom slapping her hoof and Scootaloo being creepy, but all in all it was a great day. Maybe I’ll call her tomorrow? She could come over to my place and play some video-

She turned as she heard a couple of bushes rustling to her side.

“H--hello?” Diamond Tiara called out, looking at the bushes. “Somepony th--there?” After a few seconds of no response, Diamond Tiara let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding and continued onwards. “Heh, guess I’m just hearing thi-”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!”

“WHAT THE-” Diamond Tiara was interrupting as she was shoved into a bag quickly, and pushed to the ground. W--WHAT IN THE WORLD IS-

“Sweetie Belle, did you really have to yell?” a familiar voice asked from outside the bag.

“S--sorry,” she heard Sweetie Belle mumbled, causing her to sigh.

...Of course, at the two familar voices Diamond Tiara instantly relaxed. It was just these two idiots. She didn’t know what they were going to do with her, but knowing them they’d most likely screw it up, and she’ll eventually get away mostly unscathed.

“What are ya’ll doing to Diamond Tiara?!”

Oh good, it’s Apple Bloom! Diamond Tiara thought happily, at least now-

“Quick, Sweetie, run!”

Wait, wha- “AAAAAH!” Diamond Tiara screamed as she was dragged away by Scootaloo (or Sweetie Belle, she wasn’t sure). “THAT HURTS, MORONS!” she screamed as loud as she could, trying to rip out of the bag she was in.

Diamond Tiara changed her mind, this day sucks!