• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 2,033 Views, 21 Comments

Light of the Moon - Aligon



Twilight Sparkle has been a princess for over a month now. She has been studing everything she'ld have to know about being a ruler. But will her books help her with the unexpected news from Luna?

  • ...
8
 21
 2,033

Chapter 13: Missing

"Good evening my little ponies, this has been a wonderful party organized by the bearers of the elements of harmony."

The crowd clapped their hooves on the floor in agreement.

"This party is not only celebrating Princess Twilight's ascension to royalty, but her new role as the Queen of the Zaldia."

Everypony looked slightly confused but still clapped while the night guard immediately stomped their hooves. Twilight blushed from the attention.

"She has accepted the role that my and Luna's mothers left for us. My sister and I could not fill because we did not, and never will, possess the power of Magic. And that is the magic of Friendship's Light."

The crowd cheered. Pinkie Pie fired her confetti cannon, a smaller cannon compared to the party cannon, into the air showering ponies with colorful paper. Those ponies shook their manes in frustration.

"Twilight, my faithful student, will be Equestria's new leader when the time comes. Please everypony enjoy the rest of your evening."

Everypony stomped. In the excitement only the pink filly noticed the night blue mist that slipped around the hooves of the older ponies. Night Star moved away from Fluttershy and towards the window. Looking out she saw a group of cloaked ponies staring back up at her.

One of them gave her a toothy grin. This one had a glowing horn with the same night blue flowing from it. The filly ran from the window towards her queen.

"Twilight!"

She pulled on larger pony's wing causing said pony to yelp. Twilight looked down at the disguised alicorn.

"What is it?"

"There's....there's-"

*BOOM*

The mist materialized into eight unicorns in black cloaks. Before any of the guards could react, the mist swirled around them and trapped them in a magic bubble. Starlight, being the only guard not in a bubble, placed himself between the Nocturne followers and Twilight, wings flared.

"Welcome ladies and gentlecolts. We are sorry for being so late."

The speaking follower lit his horn, chains appeared on the quests' hooves.

"We had much to prepare for."

Celestia flared her wings in response. Luna lit her horn, preparing for any attack. Cadence attempted to free the guests from the silver chains. Twilight tried not to panic from the shock. The unicorn took a step toward the zaldia queen.

"Stay back."

"Or what? You'll bite me?"

"Don't tempt me."

The unicorn scoffed at the bat. He took notice that the guest ponies had ran from the room. The chains had disappeared from their hooves.

"All I am here for is a special, little pony. One who has slipped by us for centuries. One who could open the Spectral Gate."

Luna conjured a bow and fired a magic arrow that sped past the unicorn's head. It landed on one of the cloaks of a Nocturne causing them to fall over. The pony was revealed as a grey pegasus pegasus though his wings were not grey, they were a cream color. His hair was a mix of blue and black and he wore a Nocturne necklace.

The pegasus pulled himself up and growled at the blue alicorn. Rainbow narrowed her eyes on the pegasus.

"Well, well. The crystal creature can fight."

"You will leave this place, Nocturne beast."

"I'm afraid we can't leave until-GAH!"

He didn't get to finish because a bright light blinded him and everypony in the room. After the light subsided, many ponies gasped at the sight. An earth mare, standing on her back hooves, appeared seemingly out of nowhere. Her front left hoof was raised and glowing a bright blue.

"You seem confident."

"It won't help you in a fight."

Sprout appeared behind the unicorn who had stumbled to the ground. Now the Nocturne followers were surrounded. The element bearers, the royal sisters, princess of love, queen of zaldias, the night guard, and the plant guardians readied themselves in case the followers attacked.

"Tell me, how does a lowly plant carer get a cutie mark of gemstones?"

The cream-winged pegasus stepped forward causing Celestia, the closest pony to him, to light her horn. Fern stared at him for some time before responding.

"I don't have to answer to a fake pegasus."

"Fake what now?"

Rainbow Dash looked over the wings of the stallion, they were shaped and folded like pegasus wings, they only differed the color. The leading unicorn rolled his eyes. This has gone on for a bit too long.

"Well this little trip has not turned out the way it was planned. So..."

Two of the followers flared their horns, each grabbing a pony from the circle. Then the dark blue mist circled and covered the followers. There was a flash and they were gone. Everypony looked around them assessing who was missing. Ferngully and Fluttershy.

"I'm gonna pound that creep!" (Rainbow)

"Right now, Dash, we have to find the varmints." (Applejack)

"It will be difficult. The Nocturne never revealed where they make home." (Luna)

Starlight stayed close to Twilight until he noticed Sprout staring at the scorched ground. He slowly trotted up to the pegasus, he was pawing at the ground.

"Sprout. We will find them."

"I know. It should of been me."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't deserve to be taken by those monsters. It should have been me."

The zaldia guards flew off into the night through the open window. Fang and Midnight approached their queen.

"We have sent the guard in search of the cult ponies. They'll be in Infernus soon." (Fang)

Twilight nodded with a grim look. Could the night get any worse?