• Published 6th Jan 2014
  • 1,907 Views, 70 Comments

Writer's Training Grounds Entries - Yukito



My entries into Equestria Daily's Writer's Training Grounds.

  • ...
3
 70
 1,907

Chapters Next
Prompt #1 - Change of Taste (M6, Trixie Lulamoon) [Comedy, Random]

Everything was perfect. Fluttershy was remaining still in the air, her prison of mirrors preventing her from breaking free of her own stare – which was thankfully active to begin with – and the stars were in perfect alignment. This didn’t aid Twilight’s magic in any way, she just liked a nice, tidy night sky that follows schedule.

The one thing that wasn’t perfect was that this spell was untested, so there was really no guarantee that it would work. Or of Fluttershy’s survival. Now that Twilight thought about it, perhaps holding off on the spell and doing some more research would be a smarter- Oh. She accidentally fired her spell whilst lost in thought.

“Fluttershy?” Twilight asked. “Are you okay?”

“Twilight?” Everypony rejoiced at the sound of their old friend’s voice, but it didn’t last long. Although her kind look had returned, Fluttershy was still, without doubt, a bat… pony… thing.

“She’s still a bat!” Rarity whispered to her friends as they huddled together.

“What do we do?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Girls?” Fluttershy asked. “I don’t suppose any of you could spare a cup of blood, could you?”

Chills travelled down the girls’ spines. “B-Beggin’ yer pardon?” Applejack asked.

“I don’t know why,” Fluttershy said, “But I could really go for some… blood, right now.” Fluttershy licked her lips.

Everypony backed away. “W-What do we-” Pinkie began, but was cut off by Twilight.

“MAGIC!” she shouted as she fired a beam of purple magic at Fluttershy, causing her to yelp.

“TWILIGHT!” the group shouted.

“S-Sorry,” Twilight said sheepishly. “I panicked.”

“Is she okay?” Rarity asked, concerned for her friend.

“Fluttershy?” Applejack took a cautious step forward, stopping as the pegasus turned to face her and the purple aura around her disappeared. “Y’all okay there, Fluttershy?”

“I’m fine,” Fluttershy said as she shook off the wave of dizziness brought on by two spell cast on her in quick succession. She turned to her friends and smiled. “Certainly no more thirst for blood. Thank you, everypony.”

Her friends all sighed, despite Fluttershy still resembling a bat. “That’s a relief,” Rarity said.

“Although,” Fluttershy said, licking her lips as she regarded Rainbow Dash, “Rainbow Dash, you’re looking… delicious, today.”

Rainbow Dash took a wary step backward. “Um… thanks?”

“But do you know what I could really go for? A nice, warm cup of Princess Luna.”

Pinkie Pie gasped. “Oh no! She’s developed a taste for fan-favourites!”

“What do we do?!” Rarity screamed in panic.

“Hide me!” Rainbow Dash pleaded as she took cover behind Applejack.

“MAG- OW!” Twilight rubbed her forehead where Applejack’s hoof had just struck it.

“Stop that!” Applejack ordered. “We ain’t usin’ any more magic ‘till we know it’ll work! We don’t need her developin’ a taste fer cutie marks now do we?”

“You didn’t have to hit me,” Twilight whined. “But you’re probably right. For now, we should take her to the library and see what we can find. Fluttershy?” Twilight turned to her friend to find that she wasn’t there. “Fluttershy?!”

“Where’d she go?!” Rainbow Dash asked, her eyes shifting everywhere, checking every tree branch carefully.

“There she is!” Pinkie Pie pointed to the flying batpony in the air, sniffing some kind of scent she had apparently caught.

“I smell a Derpyyyyyy,” Fluttershy sang as she rocketed through the air, soaring faster than anypony besides Rainbow Dash could keep up with.

“What are ya waitin’ fer?” Applejack asked. “After her!”

“Uh, yeah… I would go after her, except I kinda…” Rainbow Dash clutched her stomach and fell to the floor. “O-Oooooh… I must’ve eaten way too many hay fries earlier. My stomach is like, in such pain and agony.”

“Rainbow Dash,” Applejack said, “If y’all catch that pony fer us, ah’ll halve the price of cider fer ya next season.”

Rainbow Dash shot to her hooves. “I’m on it!” she shouted as she blasted into the air. A few moments later, she returned alone. “I lost her…”

“How in Equestria do ya lose a pony who’s a bat?!” Applejack demanded.

“It’s dark! And foggy! Dark and foggy!”

“Doggy!” Pinkie Pie shouted, holding up a dog-shaped balloon-animal. “Wait, what were we talking about?”

“How are we going to find her now?” Rarity asked.

Twilight put a hoof to her chin. “Fluttershy, you’re the expert on strange animals. What’s your- Oh. Right.”

Suddenly, Applejack beamed. “That’s it! Let’s think about what Fluttershy would do!”

“… Hide?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Politely retreat?” Rarity guessed.

“See us getting our butts kicked and then go all hardcore?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“No! She’d try to befriend the creature!” Applejack said. “She’d play to the creature’s likes ta lure it out, not force it out!”

“That’s it!” Twilight exclaimed. “And I know just the pony who can help us with that!”


“Are y’all sure this’ll work?” Applejack asked.

“Trust me. She’s the perfect bait,” Twilight assured. “Fluttershy has a taste for fan-favourites, and she’s already gone after Derpy, so this is the next best thing we have here in Ponyville.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie is not fooled by this!” Trixie shouted as she looked around the clearing she was in, attempting to find whoever had left a chest filled with peanut butter crackers and a sign reading ‘give to a good home’. “Trixie is going to leave now! She’s not falling for whatever silly prank this is supposed to be!”

“C’mon Fluttershy,” Twilight pleaded. “Hurry…”

“There she is!” Rarity pointed to the sky, where a large silhouette hovered above Trixie.

Trixie glanced up and her jaw dropped at the sight of the large, furry bat-like creature descending towards her at great speed, wrapping its wings around her and… licking her cheek…

“Um… t-that’s fine. The Great and Powerful Trixie took a bath earlier.” Trixie shifted uncomfortably, attempting to pry herself free, but the batpony’s hold on her was strong.

“… Twi?” Applejack asked. “Twi!”

“Huh?”

“Should ah round ‘er up now? Ah’d have ta get Trixie too, but ah think ah can get her like this.”

Twilight continued to watch the scene from the safety of her bush. “Uh… hold on one second. I want to continue observing. For science and… stuff…”

Trixie continued to squirm, attempting to free herself from the creature’s incessant licking, but by mistake her mouth collided with the batpony’s, and for some reason she found herself unable to pull away.

“Yeah, ah’m puttin’ a stop ta this right now,” Applejack said as she left the bush, rope at the ready.


“Really girls, I’m fine,” Fluttershy assured as her friends continued to eye her suspiciously. “I’ve had no strange cravings, and I haven’t been turning into any strange bat-like creatures.”

“Ya sure?” Applejack asked. “Ah mean, it looks like the spell worked, but so did the last five times.”

“I promise. I’m one hundred percent pony again.”

Twilight smiled. “Well, it seems that everything is back to normal.”

“Thank goodness for that,” Rarity said. “What say we celebrate with a trip to the spa? Facials for everypony!”

“Uh, no thanks,” Rainbow Dash said. “But I am glad to see your yourself again.”

“So am I,” Fluttershy said. “And I’m sorry Rarity, but I’m going to have to take a rain check. Angel Bunny was up last night with a terrible fever, and I really need to be there for him right now.”

“I see… Well, in any case, it’s good to have our friend back,” Rarity said as she reached towards Fluttershy and gave her a hug. She then turned and began to leave. “Tata. I do hope poor Angel gets well soon.”

“I should get going, too,” Twilight said. “Those books aren’t going to read themselves. Not until I master that spell I’m working on.”

“Ah have ta make up for all the lost time those fruit bats cost me,” Applejack said as she turned to leave with Twilight.

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash also waved their goodbyes and left, leaving Fluttershy outside of her cottage, waving goodbye to all of her friends.

Moments later, the door to her cottage opened. “Are they gone?” a voice asked from inside.

“They are,” Fluttershy said as she turned to face Trixie standing at her doorway.

“Good! Then get back in here,” Trixie said with a grin on her face. “The Great and Powerful Trixie demands an encore.”

With a giggle, Fluttershy entered her cottage with Trixie and closed the door.

Author's Note:

Check out the other submissions by various authours here: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/writing-training-grounds-001-bats.html

Chapters Next