• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,131 Views, 15 Comments

The Life of Shin Dowe - Golden Flare



All his life, Shin has been labeled as weird, crazy, and creepy, but when he moves to Ponyville, a batty little friend helps him realize that he's not alone.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,131

Chapter 11 1/2: The Assault

Chapter 11 1/2: The Assault

It's Floral Allure again, and this is where I do something I know I'm going to regret.

I was on my way to the apple orchard in Sweet Apple Acres to help Twilight and her friends, when I saw Shin lose his composure, "I WILL PROTECT MY SPECIAL SOMEPONY IF IT KILLS ME!!" I have never seen Shin so mad, in fact, I've NEVER seen him mad, I never thought it was possible. After he flew off, I realized that Shin really has become far too attached to Flutterbat.

It has to end.

I was able to catch up to him when I saw him and Flutterbat kissing, I used my magic to pick up the thickest branch laying in the orchard, despite the fact that I hardly ever practiced my magical ability, I never thought I needed it. Until now. Rainbow Dash showed up before I knew it and gave a smirk as I crept up to Shin, ready to knock him out. I just nodded. "I'm so, so sorry Shin, but this is for your own good." I thought to myself. Shin began to speak, "What are you-"

"SHIN! BEHIND YOU!" Twilight warned Shin.

I had to act fast before he could react, so I...

THUMP!

I still can't believe I did that. Was I right to do that?

"Heh, looks like 'The Hero' is out cold." Rainbow Dash mocked, snidely. "RAINBOW DASH! THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" Twilight screamed. Rainbow Dash still kept her smile, "C'mon, he deserved it! Right, Applejack?"

"..."

"Applejack?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"..."
"...I may have been mad at 'im, but even I wouldn't done that to 'im." Applejack finally spoke.

I dropped the stick and stared at Shin, he was practically lifeless. What have I done? "Really? Nopony's with me on this?" Rainbow Dash asked. Everypony else just glared at her, but I just stood there. "I... I'm sorry." I apologized as tears rolled down my face. "It's ok, Floral." Twilight said and continued, "Rarity, lift Flutterba- uh, Fluttershy up with your magic so I can cast the spell." Rarity hesitated a little, "Yes... Of course." She raised Flutterbat up off of the branch, she tried to break free, but to no avail.

As Twilight began to cast the spell, I saw Shin open his eyes, slightly, but he passed out again. I was relieved that he was alive. Soon, the spell was complete, and Flutterbat was Fluttershy again. They all shared a warming hug, but I didn't join them. I stayed close to Shin to make sure he was still breathing. The girls broke up their hug and joined me and Shin. Twilight lifted Shin up with her magic, "Let's take him to the hospital."

Author's Note:

Another clarification, hope everyone's enjoying it!