• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,131 Views, 15 Comments

The Life of Shin Dowe - Golden Flare



All his life, Shin has been labeled as weird, crazy, and creepy, but when he moves to Ponyville, a batty little friend helps him realize that he's not alone.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,131

Chapter 8: Rough Morning

Chapter 8: Rough Morning

"Um, hello?" I heard a voice subconsciously.
"Could you wake up please?"

I woke up and I saw Flutterbat, but she looked different, she looked like a regular Pegasus, I could hardly notice her appearance because the sun was beating down hard today, but I could see her.

"Uggggh. Flutterbat?" I said, half-asleep.

"No, I'm Fluttershy." she responded.
"Um, what happened last night?"

I carefully explained what happened, it looked like she couldn't remember.

But why?

"I see." she said.
"I suppose I owe you an explanation."

She told me about her bat-pony self, and that it only happens at night.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine. I saw what I wrote this morning from last night." she said.

"Did you mean what you said?" I asked.

"Of course." she answered.
"Do you, um, wanna spend some time with me?"

"Do YOU want to?" I asked.

"Yes." she replied.

"Ok." I said.

"We should go. Applejack may get mad for me sucking the juice from her apples." she stated.

"Oh! Um, right." I agreed.

I had completely forgotten that I fell asleep in the Apple Family's apple orchard. I was wondering why I was on the ground and why my head was hurting. I must have fell off the branch I was sleeping upside-down on and hit the ground head-first.

We ran off before Applejack showed up and blamed us for all of the ruined apples. I could even hear her screaming from so far away.

"WHAT IN THE WIDE WORLD OF EQUESTRIA HAPPENED TO MA' APPLES?!!" She sounded really mad.

Fluttershy and I made to her cottage and she asked if I wanted to come in, so I nodded. We sat on the couch, completely silent. Until she spoke up.

"What's your name?" she asked.

"Shin Dowe." I answered.

"That's a nice name." she replied.

For a moment, I had a major case of deja-vu. We had a pleasant conservation, and after we were done talking, I would help Fluttershy with her animals. 2 hours passed by, and I actually had a lot of fun.

"Um, Shin?" she said.

"Yes, Fluttershy?" I asked.

"Could you close your eyes?" she asked.
"Just for a moment?"

"O-Ok." I hesitantly agreed.

I closed my eyes and the next thing I knew, she pressed her lips against mine, she took me by surprise, but I didn't open my eyes, I just enjoyed every second of it.

She kissed me.

"FLUTTERSHY?!" a familiar voice said.

We pulled away and saw Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie standing in the doorway.

We were caught.

"Shin... And Fluttershy?!" Rainbow Dash said, shocked.
"When did THIS happen?!"

I knew that if they found out how we got together, we would be deep trouble. I had no words to say, I was petrified. Fluttershy finally spoke.

"We met yesterday." she said.
"I offered him to help my animal friends today, if he could. So, here he is."

"..." The five ponies were silent.

I hope they believed her.

"An' then things started heatin' up, right?" Applejack asked with a smirk.

Fluttershy began to blush. And so was I.

"Well, we'll just leave you two lovebirds alone." Twilight said.
"C'mon girls."

"Shin and Fluttershy, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Pinkie sang.

"PINKIE!!!" the other four of the group shouted.

"Right, sorry!" Pinkie replied.

She quickly left and closed the door behind her. Fluttershy and I looked at each other, still blushing. She walked over to me and kissed me again. But it was longer this time. I fell backwards and she fell with me, but we didn't stop kissing.

We stopped and looked at each other, admiringly. We were quiet until we both spoke at the same time.

"I love you."

Author's Note:

I had some spare time, so here's the next chapter! Hope you enjoyed it! :)