• Published 31st Dec 2013
  • 1,131 Views, 15 Comments

The Life of Shin Dowe - Golden Flare



All his life, Shin has been labeled as weird, crazy, and creepy, but when he moves to Ponyville, a batty little friend helps him realize that he's not alone.

  • ...
5
 15
 1,131

Chapter 9: Another Night, Another Date

Chapter 9: Another Night, Another Date

I came to Sweet Apple Acres again tonight, hoping to see Flutterbat. I still can't believe she's a vampire bat, well, partly. I didn't think anything of it.

I saw her hanging upside-down on a branch, draining life from an apple she had. She flew down to the ground and her eyes met mine, I, again, couldn't control my blushing. She and I flew to the same branch we hung off of last night.

For a moment, I thought about my flying, hard to believe that I was flying like I've been doing it a thousand times. It was hard to keep up with her, the vampire bat wings she had made her unbelievably fast. But I was still able to keep up with the beautiful vampire pony.

We hung off of the branch and like last night, she wrapped her wing around me and cuddled with me. It was chilly tonight, and she was surprisingly warm for a vampire. Then again, she's part pony, she can't be completely cold.

Either way, we enjoyed every moment of our time together, we had nice conservations and she spoke to me using the stick I gave her to write in the dirt. Come to think of it, Applejack must not have noticed the writing on the ground from last night, she must have been too angry to notice. If she did, we might have been in BIG trouble.

I didn't care if she was a vampire pony, I couldn't care less if she was a teenage dragon, as long as she has a beautiful heart, none of that matters. This mare has shown me true happiness. She has shown me light in the dead of night.

There was something different about her though...

Last night, when I fell asleep next to her...

I couldn't see what was in her heart.

No emotions, no thoughts...

Not even a small secret.

That's what I think makes her special. She's the only pony whose heart I can't see. For somepony to do that, would be completely impossible.

We were beginning to dose off, but before I fell asleep, I wanted to give her a gift. It was something I made with my own hooves. a necklace with a butterfly-shaped pendant.

I showed to her, the expression on her face was heart-warming.

"May I?"

She wrote in the dirt, saying, "YES".

I put it around her neck, and she loved it. Her face was beaming, I wish my parents would've how happy I made the beautiful-hearted mare.

She wrote in the dirt again, "HOW DO I LOOK?",

"You look very beautiful." I answered with a smile.

Her wing pulled me in closer, and her lips met mine. She was even warmer than before. And so was I.

Before she fell asleep, she left me a message, saying, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH". I left her a message before I went to sleep, "I LOVE YOU TOO". And I soon passed out.

But what I didn't realize until tomorrow was that somepony was watching us, a certain orange pony, wearing a cowgirl hat, with a telescope, in her sister's treehouse.

"Ah do not believe this." Applejack commented.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

Hope you liked Shin and Flutterbat's second date! More will be on the way soon!