• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,565 Views, 18 Comments

Letting Her Mane Down 2: Electric Boogaloo - Valtyra



Ever since her meeting with Pinkie, Celestia hasn't been able to stop thinking about her. Maybe it's time to do something about that.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,565

Chapter 1

“Princess?”

Celestia sighed, looking out of the window. She closed her eyes, picturing the way Pinkie Pie’s mane would bounce and rustle about every time she jumped.

“Princess Celestia.”

She opened her eyes and looked over to her advisor. He was a short, pudgy, brown coated pony with a light grey mane. He wore some spectacles on the end of his muzzle and had an almost permanent frown, from looking at documents all day. “What?” She asked, annoyed at being distracted from her fantasies.

“We have to go over the tax reform, this is serious business here,” her advisor replied, getting frustrated by the princesses” unwillingness to work on tax documents; it was almost as if she didn’t enjoy it, but that was absurd, every pony likes tax. “Are you listening?”

“Not really…” Celestia mumbled, taking care to not let him hear; she might have been an immortal ruler, but even she could get a migraine from one of his lectures. “Of course I am,” she lied.

He didn’t look convinced, “I know this isn’t the most exciting discussion in the world, but you know we have to get this done by tomorrow. It’s New Year’s Eve, even I have places to be,” he explained, taking out a small document wrapped up in string. “Look over this and tell me if anything seems wrong.”

“Fine,” she grunted, snatching it out of his grip with her magic and opening it up. As expected, it was extremely boring to read and soon, Celestia found her gaze wandering out and over the city. She wondered what Pinkie was up to. Whether she was having fun, not working on tax reforms with the most boring pony ever.

Celestia had enough, she wanted to hang out with Pinkie Pie again and wouldn’t let something like a tax reform get in the way. “Number Crunch, I think I’m going to leave now,” she said, getting up from her desk.

“Whoa, hold on. You can’t just leave, we haven’t finished,” he replied, following the Princess to the door.

“I’m princess Celestia, if I want to leave, I can.” She leaned in, “Besides, I’ll double your salary if you finish it for me.”

Number Crunch nodded enthusiastically and ran back to the desk, “Have a good time, wherever you’re going!” He immediately set to work on the documents.

Celestia smiled. “Thank you,” she said, leaving the room. She looked down the hallway and decided she needed some parchment and made for her chambers. Walking inside, she trotted up to her desk and picked up a blank parchment and dipped a quill into her inkpot, swirling it around while she thought about what she wanted to write.

“Aha,” she said, taking her quill out and pressed it down:

“Dear Pinkie Pie,

I feel embarrassed to be writing to you so late on New Year’s Eve, but I have a dire emergency.

I don’t have any engagement to be at tonight. Well, more specifically, I don’t have any FUN engagements and was wondering if you would be willing to let me join you on whatever outing you have planned.

Normally I wouldn’t ask such a thing without some time before the event, but I have been more busy than usual.

I think I may need to let my mane down again, last time was “a blast”, as they say.

Princess Celestia.”

She looked it over and nodded. With a blast of magic, included a small note explaining how to reply to her and sent it on its way to Pinkie. She felt her heartbeat increase at the thought of spending time with Pinkie Pie.

Celestia got up from her seat and trotted over to the Liquor cabinet. She rarely opened it, except for special occasions; to her, this counted as one of those times. Pulling out a small bottle of Applejack Daniels, she levitated over a glass and some water. She froze the water and cracked it into the glass, then filled it with the whisky.

Taking a small sip, she grimaced at the taste. “I don’t know how ponies can drink this…” She mumbled, taking another sip; this time it didn’t taste as bad. Celestia walked over to her bed and laid down, her glass levitating next to her.

She froze, “I can’t go to Pinkie’s event looking like this. I would steal her thunder by simply being there…” Her excitement fell as she knew she would have to cancel; sometimes she hated being a princess, she couldn’t just go out and spend time with her subjects.

An idea hit her, she didn’t need to look like this. She could cast an illusion spell and blend in without any pony knowing it was her. Her excitement grew again and she jumped off her bed. Taking a larger sip and pouring herself some more whisky, Celestia began to imagine what sort of pony she wanted to look like; it had to be bright and bubbly. She was sure Pinkie was into those sorts of ponies.

She froze again. “What if Pinkie isn’t into mares. I don’t think I could live that down,” Celestia thought out loud. “No, I have to take the chance, I will regret it if I don’t.”

The princess took another sip and walked over to her mirror. She imagined herself as a multitude of different shapes and sizes, but ultimately decided on a bright yellow Pegasus. “Now, for a name.”

She stood there and thought over a name to have, unfortunately nothing came to her. Huffing, she stomped her hoof and took a large sip of her whisky. She looked into her glass and wondered where her drink disappeared to. Shrugging, she placed the glass down on the table and went back to thinking.

After about twenty minutes of thinking, it came to her. “Sunny Smiles,” She whispered, getting used to the name, rolling it on her tongue, making sure it suited her. “I think that would do nicely,” she said, nodding to herself in the mirror.

She moved back slightly and felt something under her back hoof. Looking down, she saw her return envelope laying on the floor, slightly wrinkled. Gasping, Celestia picked it up and tore into the letter.

“Hi Princess, I would love it if you joined me tonight. I have plans to go out on the town to celebrate the New Year. Unfortunately, the others are not able to join me, due to them being ill. But they assured me that I should go out and have fun. I tried to refuse, but they were quite insist-. They told me to go out.

I will wait for you outside Sugarcube Corner. I can’t wait!”