• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 1,568 Views, 18 Comments

Letting Her Mane Down 2: Electric Boogaloo - Valtyra



Ever since her meeting with Pinkie, Celestia hasn't been able to stop thinking about her. Maybe it's time to do something about that.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,568

Chapter 2

Celestia squeed and hugged the letter to her chest. This was going better than she had hoped. She placed the letter down gently and turned to the mirror.

Casting the spell, she felt herself shrink down to the size of a normal pony. Her horn disappeared and her mane lost its solar wave, turning light pink.

The next thing to change was her coat. She watched as it slowly lightened into a bright yellow; exactly as she had imagined.

Turning to look at her rump, she determined it was the perfect size; not too big and not too small.

She shook her head and poured another glass of whisky. Being an Alicorn had its downsides, one of them was that she needed more alcohol to get drunk.

Celestia downed the liquid and threw the glass away, deciding to drink directly out of the bottle. If she was going to a party, she might as well turn up having a good time; plus she might gain the courage to ask Pinkie Pie out on a date.

Checking the time, she gasped and quickly downed the rest of the bottle; nearly spilling it on the floor. She threw the empty bottle on her bed and charged a quick and crude teleport spell. She targeted Sugarcube Corner and cast it. With a snap, she was gone.

Celestia appeared in a bright light outside Sugarcube Corner in a daze and stumbled slightly. Finding her footing, she stood up straight and breathed in, taking in a lungful of fresh air.

Feeling refreshed and ready for anything, she checked that her disguise was still cast. Finding nothing wrong, she grinned.

Looking about, but not finding Pinkie outside, her mood dropped as she imagined Pinkie having left on her own. Summoning up her courage, Celestia walked forward and knocked on the entrance.

She heard some movement from inside and the door opened to show Pinkie Pie standing in the doorway. “Oh, hi there,” she greeted with her usual grin, “wait... I don’t know you.”

“I don’t suppose you would,” Celestia replied, grinning, “I’m Sunny, Sunny Smiles.” Celestia held out a hoof.

Pinkie shook it, but checked behind Celestia to see if she had turned up yet. “I’m sorry, I’m waiting for some pony special.”

Celestia’s heart sped up. “Special, she said special,” she thought, frozen to the spot.

“Hey, are you alright?” Pinkie asked, poking her with a hoof, “I was like this once, then Twilight poked me with her horn, it hurt. I should see what else I could poke ponies with...” Pinkie blurted out, bored with the strange pony on the doorstep.

The Princess shook her head and smiled, “Pinkie Pie. It’s me, Celestia!”

“You don’t look like her, I don’t like liars,” Pinkie frowned, then looked closer. She narrowed her eyes, as if piercing the very illusion that Celestia was wearing. “Oh, I’m sorry for calling you a liar, Princess.”

“How did you...” Celestia muttered. “Never mind... Tonight I am Sunny Smiles, I didn’t want to ruin the party because of my title of Princess.”

“Aw, that’s so thoughtful,” Pinkie said, grinning. “I was wondering when you’d turn up.”

“Yeah sorry about that, I lost track of time.”

“Where did you see it last?” Pinkie asked, completely serious for once.

“No I didn’t actually lose...” Celestia laughed, “Shall we go before the year ends?”

“Sure. I can help you look for your time tomorrow.”

Celestia rolled her eyes and trotted out of the building, closing the door behind her. “Where were you going to go?” Celestia asked.

“Oh yeah, I heard that scratch was hosting another party. Apparently it’s going to be the biggest, craziest one yet!” Pinkie shouted, obviously excited about the prospect of being part of the craziest party of the year.

“Sounds good, is it invite?”

“I don’t think so.” Pinkie looked over to Celestia, a smile on her lips, “it shouldn’t matter anyway, I know ways to get in,” she giggled.

“Hmm,” Celestia said, narrowing her eyes at Pinkie, “you have ways?”

“Yuperooni, I do,” Pinkie sang, hopping around Celestia.

Celestia smiled and watched Pinkie, “She’s so happy and carefree; I wish I could have that...” Celestia thought.

Soon enough, they made it to the club and lined up. There was a fair amount of ponies waiting outside, but the pair knew that inside, there would be so many more.

“I can hardly believe I’m doing this!” Celestia shouted due to the noise from the building.

Pinkie nodded, “I was surprised when you sent me that letter!” She paused for a second, just as the music quieted. “I would have expected you to go to some fancy-smash end of year ball.”

“Yeah, Well I’ve never liked them, too many snobby ponies,” Celestia laughed. “I never had any pony to go out with.” Her eyes widened, “not that this is a date or anything!”

Pinkie giggled and nodded.

“I’m not saying I wouldn’t take you out, it’s just... oh gosh...” Celestia blushed and looked away, thoroughly embarrassed.

Pinkie placed a hoof on Celestia’s shoulder, “Don’t worry,” she said, her voice gentle. “I wouldn’t mind,” she whispered into Celestia’s ear so quiet that the princess couldn’t be sure she actually said it.

Celestia looked back at Pinkie and found her standing there, smiling. “Really?” She asked, wanting to know if she hadn’t just gone insane.

Pinkie glanced at Celestia, “Let’s see where the night takes us,” she replied, her smile growing.

Celestia stared at her, not believing that Pinkie Pie would actually let her take her out. But what did she mean by her reply? “Where would the night take us?” Celestia thought to herself, trying to make sense of it.

“Come on!” Pinkie beamed, pulling Celestia by her hoof into the club.