• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 3,899 Views, 48 Comments

Where I am Needed - Saviour From The Dark



A Human who has lived in the world after Judgement Day. Demon's roam the Earth and Humanity is helpless, it has been for so long, however one young soul..........One spark of hope may change all of that.

  • ...
18
 48
 3,899

Thicker than Blood

Where I am Needed

Chapter 6, Thicker than Blood

A full month it had been. What do you mean what am I on about? Salvatore has been in Equestria for a good month now...my how the time does flow alike the stream, so swift and smooth without notice.

Time had been a currency Salvatore was using wisely to train harder than ever before now that demons were not bothering him like they did on Earth. Helping many of the ponies within Ponyville whenever he could no matter what they asked whether it be errands or putting his life in danger he was up to the task.

However within the second week Salvatore was already feeling naked without a blade, even though he does work around in tattered pants which Rarity had already given him a taste of her fashion loving wrath. Fortunately Twilight's Library contained books on metallurgy and gave him information on Equestria's metals, only the best would do for a fine blade. Through special request Twilight had asked Princess Celestia to provide a book on forging weapons and soon Salvatore was hard at work in Canterlot's best smithy bending steel and shaping iron to form a perfect blade, perfection to his level of skill. The smith had offered to make the blade free of charge as Celestia had offered payment due to all the work Salvatore was doing yet it was against Salvatore's Bushido beliefs. Only able to follow directions for a basic Long Sword design he was determined to make the best damn blade ever seen by the ponies of Equestria.

Working days and nights folding the metals continuously to strengthen the metal, a forging technique not known to Equestrian smiths, the blade had an iron core with an outer shell of steel for added strength. Upon its completion the blade's handle was wrapped in firm black leather then its pommel given a small bludgeon with a spike on its very end however the blade itself was not decorated it did look sharper than death's scythe, the steel coating giving it a shine which made it shimmer in light. Upon refusing a job as a smithy Salvatore made his way back to Ponyville where for some time life remained calm and steady.

Twilight and her group of girls would have their adventures, going on quests of importance or simply helping one another, it was a heart warming thing to see from any living thing. Also ever since being woken up by creaking branches Twilight Just got used to seeing Salvatore perform his 'training' which she still question and was without a doubt interested yet the intimate thoughts of him had never ever resurfaced...yet she did not pay mind to it.

As the last week of the month was about to end Salvatore was struck with a severe illness, no one was allowed in the Library unless it was a doctor. Coughing fits of blood and from what the ponies were told being torn apart from the inside then being burned alive, something they found hard to imagine. None of the town's doctors could do anything! No medicine would help...

Twilight called upon Celestia to once again treat him of a mysterious ailment. Ever since he was struck whilst on a rather pleasant walk with Twilight and her friends the red markings underneath his skin had bean to spread. At first it seemed like something was wrong with his veins but soon there were so many of the blood red lines reaching out and entwining with one another it seemed like roots spreading from a seed planted within him. Twilight and Celestia soon pinpointed that whenever a growth occurred that was the most agonizing of Salvatore's pain, unfortunately it showed little signs of stopping, however over few days he grew accustom to the pain and soon did not fuss much when a growth too place. It was strange watching a single trail of blood reach out and suddenly become a tree branch with so many links that then seek out others of their kind to bond with...

Now Salvatore is awaking from a deep and peaceful sleep...one he has been without for what seems like an eternity. Lifting his upper body from Twilights bed he stretched his arms that of which were littered with what one would call tattoos at first glance. He no longer hurt whenever a growth occurred instead it was an uncomfortable feeling under his skin which felt like something pulsating...alive...it was unsettling.

Salvatore got out of the bed of his friend and slowly made his way down the stairs to see Celestia with her face in a book yet the amusing thing was that she was sleeping. The sight brought a smile to his lips then upon further exploration of the actual Library he had not seen for a full seven days seemed to be a bit more messy than its usual clean and organised state...then he saw it...Twilight curled up on the sofa...It was clear that Celestia insisted she rest in case of over working. The relationship between a pupil and teacher is a strange and beautiful thing in fact it sent images of him and his master having a rare conversation where Yamamoto would tell Salvatore how well he had done with the training he was doing or how he had finally executed a technique.

As a chill could be felt in the air Salvatore retrieved blankets for both of the mares and made sure they would be warm and comfortable before he went out. He knew he couldn't tell them he was going out but ever since the pain became bearable he felt...stronger somehow. Walking out into the late day of Equestria he observed the calm sight of not too many yet not too few ponies wandering the town and even the occasional 'Hello' or 'How are you?' was asked.

His replies were straight to the point yet friendly as he wanted to experiment his theories within a secluded area. The Everfree Forest was the first place that came to his mind, his plan was to stay within its outskirts yet secluded at the same time. He had left his sword 'The Sentinel' at the Library as he had doubt he would need it at a time like this furthermore in a place like this.

As he walked on the dirt path through fields of bright green grass with a darkening sky above he saw the forest in the distance. Along the walk he took observations of the twisted crimson pattern beneath his skin, some of the strands pulsated from time to time as they shifted in and out of visibility.

Once he was with in fairly secluded area Salvatore searched for something to strike which revealed a extremely huge oak tree, its size easily dwarfed any nearby trees never mind Salvatore himself. Suddenly he struck the oak tree with a quick strike leaving a gaping wound upon the innocent piece of nature however upon seeing this he struck again and again and again and again.

Astonishingly to Salvatore the strikes seemed to be getting...more powerful...he suddenly dashed away in search of something more challenging and upon his high speed search through the forest it was clear that prowess of his strength was not the only thing enhanced as he was easily igniting the winds spite as it whipped at his face then he saw it...his challenge...a gigantic...titanic rock face which was the side of a steep mountain. Pounding the earth with his now demi-god like power he became a blur and was propelled toward the rock face at astonishing speeds...unbeknownst to him however he was glowing...crimson.

Just a split second...time slowed down for this time as Salvatore's fist rotated and extended to meet the titan of earth...the resulting strike was that of what some believe to be a god's wrath. A shockwave exploded from the strike as the rock cracked like a mighty hammer had struck it...the wounds inflicted upon the mighty foe were deep and severe. So severe it seems that the titan took time to realise what had transpired before it began crumbling to the earth with huge chunks of the former titan. Salvatore was instantly compelled to challenge himself even more and bent his legs preparing an action to propel himself towards the heavens! Leaping from the earth with every bit of strength he could muster Salvatore was fired toward the giants falling remains. Salvatore saw the first gigantic boulder hurling towards him so he brought his leg up and struck it with a kick from the ball of his foot then as he continued to be propelled he twisted himself and became a tornado of lightning kicks from all angles making sure none of the titans remains were left then as the final one approached, it was the largest so far, Salvatore pulled back his fist...

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

The strike sent him right through the boulder and to his surprise he was still ascending; right now he was nearly to the top of the mountain. However that was when his momentum died out and gravity began dragging him back to the ground with force, it seemed like the great leap he performed but instead it was going to drive him into the ground. Seeing one way to deal with it Salvatore simply straightened himself and held his first in front of him as the earth hurried to meet him.

Twilight was startled by the deafening "boom" and hurriedly got of the sofa to see Celestia looking outside the window...into the far off distance...

"Princess what's going on?" Twilight asked concerned and slight scared as to what the "boom" was...

"Twilight we must go. Come here". Twilight hurried to her mentors side and Celestia immediately teleported them to the location of the..."boom"...

Upon their arrival they were right in front of a crater...most of the surrounding trees were blown backwards with their leaves no where to be seen. Around the crater were numerous piles of rubble...they both tried to understand what had transpired when they then saw what had happened to the side of the mountain...

"Celestia what could of done this?" Twilight asked with fear in her voice...

"I do not know Twilight"...The fear was evident in Celestia's voice.

What creature could be so terrifying and gigantic enough to do this?...The answer was quite literally underneath their noses. As the dust cleared they saw a dark crimson light slightly glowing with some...power...it was...alive. Finally the figure was visible...Salvatore was bleeding...so it seemed but instead it was the malevolent power beneath his skin had surfaced and currently were covering most of his skin with what seemed like vines of blood...his own blood!

From his position hunched position on the ground, on one knee and fist buried in the ground. He rose and what was seen couldn't be more disturbing for the ponies...Salvatore's once missing eye was now replaced by a full crimson eye with an ebony pupil...crimson tendrils leaked from the side of his eye and explored the side of his skull. From the shoulders where crimson tendrils sprouted and wrapped themselves around his arms and as they lowered less and less of flesh remained...hands ended in demonic crimson claws which themselves alike the tendrils were made of blood.

Slowly he began moving towards the two ponies...they did not know how to react...run? Fight? Stay and await him then their possible violent fate?

The two turned their heads to share looks of concern. As they turned back to face the approaching creature both jumped back in shock as he was stood right in front of them...looking...just looking with that eye. Nostrils flared as he moved closer to both of them..."You smell..."He walked past them in a stalking manor.

More confusion than both the student and mentor could handle forced them into talking with...what was hopefully Salvatore.

"What are you talking about?" Twilight asked very concerned for the normally kind soul.

"You both reek of fear...Tis quite of putting" He continued to stalk off back towards Ponyville.

"Wha-what's wrong with you?" Twilight asked...upset with how he was speaking to her.

Twilight did not see it but Celestia felt something invisible...like an emotional force. Salvatore had stopped dead in his tracks..."Please do not cry Twi..." The voice heard was caring...loving...

Slowly he turned around...the tendrils retreated underneath the flesh and had left him with a new and fairly normal eye except for its ruby red iris with a slightly narrower pupil. The claws sunk back into the flesh and reverted into hands...Twilight was feeling her eyes go wet...yet before a single tear could drop.

A hand swiftly brushed away the escaped tear threatening to destroy his friends happiness...Twilight looked into the two vastly different coloured eyes of Salvatore and whatever had been there was not fully him...she knew it. Both friends embraced each other in a strong hug which said a thousand apologies from Salvatore and even more words of comfort from Twilight.

As the moon began to rise and the stars come out from hiding it was apparent that Luna had raised the night. Celestia knew Salvatore was good...that what ever had hold of him would never take control of what he really was...good. Whatever would try and destroy or use him would only ever be overcome to make him stronger. With a smile Celestia thought it would be best to make an exit back to Canterlot via teleportation.

Even as the bright light shinned singling the princess's exit both friends remained in an iron embrace. It would be quite a while before any of them moved...for words were being said which only they could hear.

Admiring the scenes played out before them with malevolent intent were dark spectators cloaked in shadows, the darkness of the night and forest provided an adequate viewing point without being spotted. Plans would now be altered because of this...plans would set in motion because...of...this.

The power within Salvatore's hands...divine it is not yet can he somehow find a way to overcome and control it? We shall soon see...however till then let the mystery of the dark spectators remains...what devilish deeds await!?