• Published 28th Dec 2013
  • 3,899 Views, 48 Comments

Where I am Needed - Saviour From The Dark



A Human who has lived in the world after Judgement Day. Demon's roam the Earth and Humanity is helpless, it has been for so long, however one young soul..........One spark of hope may change all of that.

  • ...
18
 48
 3,899

Without our Savior

Where I am Needed

Chapter 13, Without our Savior

It had been a good week since Salvatore had gone missing everypony in Ponyville including the Royal sisters, Luna and Celestia, who were currently undergoing a search for the Human who made a great impression upon them all. Twilight and Applejack were currently searching through the Everfree Forest in search of their beloved friend who's condition could be critical or worse…..

For all they knew he could be lying helpless in a dark and secluded place somewhere taking his last breathes…yet Twilight knew better….in fact they all did however fear still gripped their hearts. During the first few days Rainbow Dash went out of her way to search for Salvatore yet had come up with nothing…..So far the search for anything alike their friend was proving unfruitful.

"Twiliiiiight!"

The loud shout belonging to Rainbow Dash was heard by the one she wanted to inform of her discovery…

"Yes Dash? Have you found anything?" Twilight asked her friend as the Rainbow mare flew up beside her.

"I saw a town over that way!" She pointed her hoof to Twilight's right. "I have never seen it before! Do you think he could be there?"

"You sure there sugar cube? I ain't seen no towns nor heard of such in these parts". Applejack contributed her knowledge of the local area.

Twilight pondered the possibilities for a second and came to the conclusion that trying could do no harm and knowing Salvatore's tendency to help everyone he can which lead her intuition to the new Town her friend had discovered.

Making full haste towards the location where their friend could possibly be…..it felt good to have that hope on their hearts. That they may find their friend…that nothing was wrong with him and he was just helping anypony in need. A clearing presented itself ahead of them….

Unfortunately when they exited the brush of the forest they laid eyes upon a strange town…..its buildings where made out of a mixture of timber and cobble stone. Yet some buildings stood half constructed amongst the quite and silent town.

They looked around until they saw a pony sitting underneath a tree….they had their back to the three mares. They seemed to be staring off into the distance….a distance which shined beautiful rays of sunlight upon the apparent mare. From the distance they were at it was clear that their coat was of a ebony black and as their distance closed it seemed more and more possible to the three mares that this pony admiring the distance was in fact The Queen of Changelings…Chrysalis.

"Your caution is understandable however I did not know that I was one to be feared" The voice which flat out revealed that their attempt at stealth had been foiled seemed very…..friendly and…relaxed.

Chrysalis kept her eyes upon the horizon where the golden sun shined bright….'Just like him….' A sigh escaped the Queens lips in the tone of "Ahhhh". Applejack was the first to approach the Queen…..

"Excuse me but aren't ya the one who attacked Canterlot?" Applejack proceeded to sit with the Queen who seemed rather friendly….so far….

"Indeed I am…unfortunately I may never erase that from my past. I do believe you three to be some of the mares who were there as well". Chrysalis turned her gaze slightly from the horizon to share a friendly gaze with the Stetson sporting mare.

"Unfortunately?" Dash came up from the other side of Chrysalis. "You beat Celestia! Nearly took over the whole of Equestria! And you tricked Twilight's brother into believing you were his bride!?" Rainbow Dash stood defiantly beside of Chrysalis and glared at her only to receive a sparkling gaze.

"You are not false in your accusations…..I wish I had not done such terrible things. It is something I wish I could take back yet I must work to right the present so the scars of the past may be mended". She gazed at the horizon again….'He walked away….In that very direction'.

Dash took her time to think over the Queen's words and sat down beside her….just like Applejack….

Twilight took her place beside Applejack. "I know this may seem like a strange question but have you seen something…..different around here?"

The Queen's expression lifted. "Why yes! A tall, dark and strong creature?" Her depiction….fit the one they were searching for…in some ways.

"He would have been very kind and he has a condition….red markings and a ruby eye?" Twilight questioned the excitement of finding her friend growing by the moment. Meanwhile in the mind of Rainbow Dash went images of witnessing Salvatore lifting logs as part of his….training and other such activities which made his body bulge and exert to the point of sweating.

"Indeed! Carried a rather impressive sword? Very wise and lovely…Ahhhh". That was their savior! They all ignited in conversation about him and discussing how Chrysalis had come across him.

"Well my Changelings were scavenging the area for any recourses and they heard a commotion…..your friend….Salvatore was what they came across. He seemed to have been struck from behind". The Queen told them of her…meeting with Salvatore.

"What he was K-O'd? By who?" Dash exclaimed in fury of someone assaulting the strongest in all Equestria!...Well that's how she saw him….

"He didn't stay long at all?" Applejack pondered. Wondering where he could of gone too.

"No he said he had something to track down….something he needed to attend to. He left in that direction….he said he would help me…and my people". Chrysalis pondered on his last words….."Ahhhhhh".

"Sounds like him…help you how though?" Twilight questioned.

"Help us be seen as Ponies….Ponies who have made terrible mistakes and wish to atone for them. He gives me hope and till now his compassion and promise has made me feel things I could never before fathom! So I await his return" She gained a wide smile and the other mares could not help but smile too…..Yeah….that was him….their Salvatore….their savior…

Suddenly the ground began to shake….rumble…like the belly of a great beast….or the fear of the world. Upon the horizon the sky grew dark…..and clouds grew heavy. Rain began falling….pelting the ground with liquid artillery...The sun seemed to simply go out…yet this was only upon the horizon where The Queen last saw Salvatore heading for. Was it not for the three mares around her the Queen would have been absolutely terrified!

"What in tarnation is happening!?" Applejack shouted in hope somepony knew the answer.

Then….peace…as everything returned to normal….deviating from the sun's once again beautiful and shinning light. That deviation was a dark shadow that seemed to be getting bigger!? The shadow had wings!?

A BOOM resonated through the sky as something…powerful was approaching at high speed…

CRASH! The ground before them gave way to the powerful being which had landed before them….

As the dust cleared and the heavily breathing being before them stood in a fearsome and intimidating manor….bat like wings splayed for all to see…..long horns radiating dominance….goat legs with dark iron hooves. What scared them the most was the glare of demonic eyes along with the huge axe within it's hands…..

Twilight…..Chrysalis….Applejack…even Rainbow Dash were paralyzed with absolute terror…Shimmering eyes awaited the beings next actions….

"Where is Salvatore? The Destroyer has come…"