• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 706 Views, 29 Comments

Daring Do and the Night Shifter - Derpyx0



Daring Do goes on an adventure that will change her life forever.

  • ...
1
 29
 706

Arriving at Rasco Islands

Daring Do awoke to the sound of a macaw loudly making its arrival very noticeable. As she awoke woozily, she turned her head to see Spark, awake too. ''Nice flight,'' he said with pleasure in his voice. He seemed very happy to be here, probably because he was away from the city, it would make sense that he felt at home here because of all of his animal instincts that he had. As soon as they left the plane, they were greeted by an unfamiliar pony. He was a brown colt with his black mane slicked back and a giant scar running over his eye.

''Welcome to Rasco islands Miss Do and Sir Spark.'' He said, with a voice like ice, ''I was expecting you.'' Daring Do glared at him, and for a moment, she saw a flicker of fear in the new pony eyes.
''I am Ricardo, your guide for this week. I will be taking you through the Tribe of Tall Mountains and bringing you through half of the temple.'' Daring stared at him hard.

''Daring? What's wrong?'' Spark asked behind her.

''Oh, its's nothing Sparky.'' Spark looked at her disapprovingly.

''Don't call me Sparky... Miss Do.'' Daring opened her mouth to call a comeback but Spark walked away before she could begin. Daring Do frustratedly kicked at the ground.

''Miss Do,'' Ricardo said as he walked up behind her,''we must go, the Tribe of Tall Mountains is awaiting our arrival.'' Daring Do just looked at him sternly, then walked off. She did not trust Ricardo, there was something about him that she did not like. But maybe it was just her. Just because she was angry with Spark, didn't mean she had to take it out on Ricardo. From then on, Daring Do stayed away from Spark, but still kept her eye on Ricardo. Later, they arrived at the Tribe of Tall Mountains, and it was a sight they would never forget. The tribe was covered in vines and the huts were made out of only twine, dry, tall grass, and leftover vines. It was also a very protected tribe, outside of the main center of huts, there were giant bamboo walls with porcupine spikes on top, so no one would dare climb over. And where there were any openings in the walls, muscular guards were posted.

''What business do you have here?'' one of the Guards with a gray flank and red and white war paint asked harshly.

''We are here to see chief Bear, these two,'' Ricardo said pointing to Daring Do and Spark, '' are searching for the Diamond Key, and I suppose their superior has already talked with your tribe?'' The gray pony stared at them for a moment, then muttered something under his breath.

''I will see to the chief about this, but until then, stay put.'' A few moments later, the same gray pony came back and nodded. As the venturing ponies walked in, they were met by the stares of other ponies who were in the tribe, and that was when Daring Do felt someone, or something, watching her.