• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 706 Views, 29 Comments

Daring Do and the Night Shifter - Derpyx0



Daring Do goes on an adventure that will change her life forever.

  • ...
1
 29
 706

Death's Doorstep

Daring Do felt hot tears stream down her face as she looked down at the dying Spark. Ricardo stood with an evil smile on his face, ''What have you done?!'' Daring screamed. Ricardo's smile quickly faded when he saw the angry mare's expression, and he ran outside, knowing that he couldn't face her

in his weakened state. Once he was outside, Ricardo smiled, thinking he had left a large dent in this adventure, but was soon stopped by a strong hoof.

Ricardo looked up to see Bear looking down at him angrily. ''Ha ha.... um, anyone up for forgiveness? Friendship is magic- right?''

Daring Do rushed over to Spark's limp body, sitting over him and lifting his head. ''Spark!'' Daring cried. ''You- you're are going to be just fine!''
''Just hang in there!''
Spark just shook his head slowly and opened his eyes in small slits. Daring looked over at Rabbit for any help, and saw Rabbit standing still as a plank with a petrified look on her face. It must have been frightening for her, after she was killed in the same way... by an ally.

Spark weakly held up his hoof to wipe away Daring Do's tears. ''Its alright..... Like Rabbit, everyone.... has a time...'' He said softly, a wave of calmness and peace reaching for him. Daring couldn't speak. Is this really our last adventure? she thought.
''But Daring-'' He started, '' You need to know..... that- that..... I... l-'' And in that very moment.... Spark died...

Daring and Rabbit mourned him, for his lost hurt everyone. Daring heard hoof steps approach the open door, and she tensed, ready for battle against any shadow ponies. But she was corrected when not the whole tribe, but most of time members from the Tribe of Tall Mountains.
Bear and another pony came closest to them, recognizing what had happened, and them, with the whole tribe, bowed their heads in sadness.

''Daring Do?'' The gray pony to the side of Bear asked. Daring looked up. ''Hey! I remember you!'' She said angrily. ''You're that same pony from the first time we were here!'' It was true, this was the same colt that had stopped them at the entrance. Daring was still mad at him, she did keep grudges.
''What do you want?!'' She yelled. The gray pony flinched and started to speak. ''Yes, I- I truly apologize for that, and I hope you can forgive me...'' He replied, ''But, we caught Ricardo and the other shadow ponies... and so now that fiend Ricardo, could not make that final wish.''

Then Daring Do finally remembered.

''That's it!'' She yelled, quickly getting up. Daring ran over to the opened wish door, and yelled, ''I WISH SPARK WAS STILL ALIVE!!''

A bright flash of rainbow light and.... nothing. Spark still lay unmoving on the ground, Rabbit still watched solemnly, and the tribe were blinking harshly, trying to pry the bright image from their eyes. Daring cantered over to Spark again, sitting next to him, leaning down to hear his heartbeat.... but the problem was- there was none.

Daring cried hard, not caring who should happen to think she was overreacting. ''Hey-'' Somepony said, Daring ignored it, she didn't want to talk to anypony now. ''Really? All this crying for me? I thought I was just a partner.'' Daring recognized that voice. ''Spark!!'' Daring Do yelled. The two ponies embraced each other like never before, hugging until no more. ''You're alive!'' She exclaimed. Spark laughed a little. ''Of course, at least I think...'' Daring smacked him over the head. ''OW! What was that for?!'' Spark asked. ''Never do that again...''

Daring kissed him.