• Published 26th Dec 2013
  • 706 Views, 29 Comments

Daring Do and the Night Shifter - Derpyx0



Daring Do goes on an adventure that will change her life forever.

  • ...
1
 29
 706

Betrayal

Spark flew down terribly fast with his hope that he was not seeing what he thought he was. But he could not deny the the truth, when Spark finally landed, in a flash of white light, he turned back into a pony. Rabbit lied as an unmoving heap on the cold ground.
Spark felt a tear slip down his cheek, even though he barely knew her, he felt he could have. And, and.... well... she saved his life.
As Spark morned her, he heard a small voice. ''Hey... why are you crying...?'' Spark looked up a little, lifting his head. Rabbit's eyes were opened in a small slit, just enough to see her jewel-blue eyes. ''R-rabbit?" Spark asked with his hope swelling up inside him, ''Your'e going to be fine! Don't worry!" Rabbit took a tough cough, that obviously hurt. No, I'm not.... But it's alright, I'm ready.... she said roughly. Spark knew she was right, her scars were just to deep. ''But-I-I, didn't even know you, you can't leave already!" Spark cried,a large lump forming in his throat.

Rabbit tried to lift her head, but quickly fell back down. Don't worry... I will-be with you........ All......
And with those final words, Rabbit's life slowly seeped from her body, her eyes turning gray. Spark cried for her and all other dreaded things that happened on this cursed mission. Soon after, a large shadow draped over Spark, when Spark turned around, he was greeted with a dreaded smile that he had learned to fear. That of a shadow pony. Spark was tired of this, he was tired of this stupid mission and everything about it. Because of this race of ponies, Rabbit was dead, the tribe was half on fire, and they would not leave him alone!

Spark finally snapped. In another flash of light, he turned into a dreaded timber wolf, and rushed into battle. He clawed his way through rows of shadows, his blinding fury out for blood. As Spark kept to the battle below, he was oblivious to the red glowing things that some shadow ponies took out. Suddenly a burning fire and heat erupted over his body, enchasing him in a world of hurt. Not again! Spark thought, recognizing the searing pain at once. The shadow ponies had once again pulled out their special weapon on him, and this time Rabbit couldn't save him. Quickly, out of the sky, Daring Do came in, hitting an unlucky shadow pony on the way.

But Spark's energy was draining fast, and the unfamiliar weapon was of no knowledge to ponies. Daring hit and fought any attackers who would dare to get close to him, and Spark felt a nice comfort to know she cared for him. But that comfort was soon replaced by the pain left on his back. Spark soon faded back into his true, pony form in witch the pain was really getting out of hand. Out of nowhere, it started to rain, thankfully putting out the fires, but otherwise not helping. The red fiery net was not affected by the rain, but otherwise still hurt. Daring Do was knocked next to him, unable to get up. Spark felt all of his hope disappear, along with a side of regret. He was the one who had gotten her into this, she would been able to fend off tons of shadow ponies one at a time, but noooo.. Spark had to get himself caught AGAIN, and not even been able to help her in this fight. A small bright light emitted from a bag that Daring used to be holding, and when Spark looked closely, he saw what was making the light.

The Diamond key sat in the bag, shining as bright as ever. The few shadow ponies that weren't holding off the tribe of Tall Mountains, circled the two of them. Spark looked at them with a weak glare. ''Awww, too tired to save your girlfriend, shape-shifter?''
A shadow pony said with a chuckle. Spark tried to move, but he was slowly losing conciseness. A hooded figure stepped out of the shadows, and grabbed the diamond key, careful not to break it. '' I guess... your'e the- leader?'' Spark struggled to say. ''Head hidden behind, a -a hood.....?..... Villains are..... so- predictable.....'' He said as the world started to go black. '' Hey,'' The hooded pony said in an oddly familiar voice. He started to lift his hood, while saying... ''Thats not a very nice thing to say to a.... friend...''


Then Spark found himself looking onto the scarred face of Ricardo....