• Published 15th Mar 2012
  • 1,352 Views, 20 Comments

Into Unknown Territory - Kirb



An uptight air force pilot flies into the Bermuda Triangle and wakes up in Ponyville.

  • ...
7
 20
 1,352

Chapter 3

After eating some plane rations, Major Evans reached into his pocket and pulled out a notepad. He reached into his other pocket and pulled out a pen. Seeing nothing else to do, he began writing.

February 11. It has been at least two hours since the plane crash, and I feel like shit. The darkness is falling, which tells me it's around 5:30 PM. I just finisihed off the last of my plane rations. I didn't pack many to begin with, because I didn't think this would happen. Boy, what an ass I was.

He paused, frowned, and continued writing.

No, you know what? I'm not an ass, they are. Yes, Col. Farrell, Crombie, Edgar, Nesmith, General Parsons, all of them. They're all asses for making me fly out over the Bermuda Triangle, of all places. Even Tullard is an ass because if he hadn't broken his leg, he might have gotten this horrible fate instead of me. Let's face it, no one's going to fly down and take me back because nobody knows where I am. Hell, I don't even know where I am. This doesn't look a thing like Bermuda, unless they underwent a major renovation in the five minutes before my plane caught on fire.

Suddenly, he heard something. It was the snap of a twig. His first thought was that maybe Col. Farrell was coming back to get him. But then he realized, Wouldn't he come back in his plane and not on foot? He looked at the sun setting.
"Shit!"
He ducked and hid behind some nearby foliage, for he knew this was the time the night animals would normally come out. He didn't know what was on Bermuda-- wolves, cougars, whatever-- but he didn't want to be around when they came out. He started running, he didn't know where, but anywhere was better than there.
...
As the sun set, Rainbow Dash flew forward, followed by Applejack and Rarity.
"Oh, this is absolutely dreadful!" said Rarity. "Wait for us, Rainbow!"
The pegasus flew back to the unicorn and the Earth pony.
"You know, if I didn't have to wait for you guys," said Rainbow Dash, "we'd already be done by now."
"Our feet can only go so fast fer so long," said Applejack. "An' anyways, don' get me started. We would'nt've come if Twilight didn' make us."
"But does that really forgive having to listen to Rarity complain about the mud the entire freakin' time?!" yelled Rainbow Dash.
"Hey!" exclaimed Rarity. She ran toward Rainbow Dash, but tripped on a twig, which snapped under her hooves, and fell forward into a puddle of mud, to which Rainbow Dash laughed.
Rarity got up. "Now look what you've done! It will take years to clean this out of my mane!"
"Ssh, both o' you," shushed Applejack. "Do ya hear that?"
Everybody became silent. They heard the sounds of footsteps running away.
"Sounds like somepony's running away!" whispered Rainbow Dash.
"There's a clearing up ahead," said Applejack. "'At's prob'ly where da fireball crashed. Let's investigate."
The three ponies galloped forward to the clearing, with Rainbow Dash in the lead. Screeching to a halt, they all stared at the huge wreck in front of them that was Major Evans' plane.
"Oh my!" gasped Rarity. "What's this?"
"It must be the aliens' flying machine!" said Rainbow Dash. "Pretty soon, they're going to come out and TAKE OVER ALL OF EQUESTRIA! MWAHAHAHAHAA!!!"
"Um, Rainbow," said Applejack. "If somepony from another world is going to take over Equestria, then they've already left. Look!"
All looked at where Applejack was pointing her hoof.
"Hoofprints," said Applejack. "An' they's unlike any I seen before."
"They lead off in that direction!" said Rainbow Dash, pointing at the bushes behind the plane. "Let's go!"
...
As Major Evans ran, he heard footsteps running after him. He ran even faster. Suddenly, he heard something behind him say "It went this way!" He stopped in his tracks. Did he hear a voice? Or was he just hearing things? He hid behind a tree and listened again.
"We lost it!"
He was sure he heard a voice this time. He sighed as he walked out from behind the tree.
"Hey, cool! Have you come to rescue--"
Stopping mid-sentence, Evans was surprised to see no humans, but rather, three small ponies. He looked at them and then smiled, obviously not seeing their bright colors, Rarity's horn or Rainbow Dash's wings. He also couldn't see that they were scared as hell. He walked closer to them.
"Ha. I must be going insane already. Sorry, I thought I heard voices." He made eye contact with Rainbow Dash. "Why am I even talking to you anyway? I mean, you're just horses, I know you can't understand me, but--"
"Holy shit! It talks!" yelled Rainbow Dash suddenly.
"AAAAAAAAA!" Major Evans screamed and then passed out. The last thing he saw were the ponies coming closer to him.