• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 3,117 Views, 45 Comments

Rainbow Dash and the Crystal Empire - Rainbow Dash 55



An evil pony has taken over the Crystal Empire once again. Will Rainbow Dash be able to stop him in time?

  • ...
4
 45
 3,117

The Earth Room

Soarin woke up with a horrible throbbing pain in his head.

He looked all around the room, and saw that it was made out of rocks and dirt.

He tried to stand up to explore, but he could only crawl because of his injured head. He saw that the room was, in fact, not just a room.

It was endless.




Soarin felt as though he'd been wandering for hours. He already tried to break through the rocks, but it seemed like they grew larger when he did.

He stopped walking when he heard a familiar voice.

"Soarin?", it said.

"Lightning! I'm so glad to see you!" He ran over and hugged her.

"Kiss me," she said.

"Uh..." Soarin didn't want to sound rude telling her about Rainbow, so instead, he said, "Do you know where the others are?"

"Who?"

"Well, I kinda got the feeling that Dash was here. And you said Luna is."

"Dash?"

"Yeah. Rainbow Dash."

"Oh, right! Dash! Yeah, she's..."

"She's what?! Is she hurt?!"

"No, she's not hurt. But...they're gonna take away her powers, Soarin!"

"What?!"

"It's true. I overheard them talking when they put me in here."

"We have to stop them!" Soarin pounded the walls, making them worse.

"What can we do?!" Lightning began to cry. "He's too powerful."

He walked back over to her, then wiped a tear off of her face. "Who's too powerful?"

"I believe she's talking about me."

Soarin looked over, and saw a glowing form of a black stallion.

"Hello, Soarin."

"Sombra," Soarin muttered. "Let us go!"

He chuckled. "Now, Soarin. I can't possibly release you without you seeing your marefriend."

"Marefriend?", Lightning asked.

"What? She's--"

"Yes, Soarin. She's here. And I wouldn't want to tear the family apart, so I'll pick you up in a few." After Sombra said that, his hologram vanished.

"Soarin," Lightning said. "I'm scared."

He embraced her in another hug. "I know. We'll get through this."

"So...who's your marefriend?"

"My...Oh. Uh, it's Dash."

"DASH?"

"Yeah, kinda."

"Oh. I see." She walked away.

"You're a great mare, Lightning. It's just that. I love Dash. I always have."

"Oh. Of course."

Then, a door opened out of nowhere, and in came two of Sombra's guards.

"We're here to take Lightning Dust," one of them said.

"You're not taking her anywhere." Soarin stepped in front of her.

"You gonna stop us?"

They looked each other square in the eyes, until the guard tried to punch him, but Soarin blocked it. He twisted the guard's wrist, and he fell onto the ground.

While Soarin wasn't looking, the other guard took Lightning Dust away, just as planned.