• Published 9th Feb 2014
  • 3,116 Views, 45 Comments

Rainbow Dash and the Crystal Empire - Rainbow Dash 55



An evil pony has taken over the Crystal Empire once again. Will Rainbow Dash be able to stop him in time?

  • ...
4
 45
 3,116

Reading the Letters

"Oh. Hey, there, buddy!"

Rainbow let the messenger bird settle onto her hoof, using it as a branch.

"Wow, three letters?!", Rainbow exclaimed.

"Hel-lo?!", Misty interrupted. "Aren't we supposed to be saving the world here?!"

"You're just jealous because Soarin and I are gonna be together forever!", Spitfire said.

"Am NOT! I'll show--"

As they argued, Rainbow read the first note, from Luna. She pictured Luna saying it, with her long, beautiful mane flowing from pure magic.

Next was Twilight's. Rainbow read the part about Sombra marrying Luna, and couldn't believe it. But she loved the part about always being friends.

Finally, she read Soarin's.




Dear Dash,

I'm sorry to say this, but Sombra finally did it. He took my strength. I'm so sorry, but he won, Dash. He's almost taken over the world. Now he just needs to combine all of our powers and strengths. But Dash, this is for the best: Give yourself up. It's the only way. I wish it wasn't. I also wish I could do more. You've done so much for me Dash. I love you so much. I'll never forget you. Hopefully, I'll see you sometime. If not, always follow your heart. Make a flight to the finish, Dash!

All my love,

Soarin.

P.S. Dash, I just remembered something. I forgot to pick up some rain water for the clouds today. Would you mind doing it for me? I don't think the stallions will be mad if you do it. But if they are, it's not like they'll go after you or anything. Stand your ground. Also, would you mind taking care of my house? It's empty and there's a spare key in the front plant.

Always keep moving forward, Dash. Never back. I mean it.




Rainbow loved the first part of the letter, but she couldn't put her hoof on the last part. Why would Soarin put that in a farewell love letter?

Wait a minute. Rainbow thought carefully as she read the last part again and again. Then, she found out what it meant.