• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 1,384 Views, 13 Comments

The Race for the Missing Powers - Rainbow Dash 55



Rainbow Dash tries to get super powers.

  • ...
11
 13
 1,384

The Getaway

"Wow. Check out that view."

Rainbow lifted her head from Soarin's shoulder, then nudged him playfully. "C'mon. You must see this stuff all the time."

Rainbow Dash had to admit, though: the view of the mountains was amazing.

"Yeah, but it has more of a glow when you're here."

Rainbow lowered her head, grinned, then raised it again. "You know, I've always wanted to go somewhere else. Somewhere away from the sky."

"You mean like, the ocean?"

"Well, maybe not the ocean, but somewhere else, you know?"

"Like the ground?"

"You know I don't--" Before she could finish her sentence, Soarin put her on his back and free-fell to the ground.

Rainbow laughed and screamed. Then, Soarin slowed down slightly, and tossed Rainbow into the air. She screamed again, and then he caught her so she was sitting on his ribcage.

She punched him roughly. "Don't do that!"

"What? You don't have wings?" He gave her his gorgeous grin, and she returned her own grin to him.

"Oh, c'mon. I wouldn't have let you fall."

She flushed. "I know. I trust you." She rested her head on her hooves, while her elbows rested on Soarin's strong chest.

Soarin carefully landed in a clear river, using his wings to paddle them.

"Was this your idea of 'not being in the sky'?", Soarin asked.

"I like the idea of floating, just not of swimming."

"There's nothing to it, you know. Just hold your breath and paddle," he informed her.

Then, something charged into Rainbow Dash, knocking her off of Soarin, and into the water.