• Published 9th Jan 2014
  • 1,384 Views, 13 Comments

The Race for the Missing Powers - Rainbow Dash 55



Rainbow Dash tries to get super powers.

  • ...
11
 13
 1,384

The Truth

"It's true, Dash."

The cold, ugly, and unfortunately familiar voice came from the other side of the prison bars. Soarin gently put Rainbow down, but then charged at the bars, and kicked out at Spitfire's face so hard that she fell backward. Misty helped her up.

"You'll pay for that, Soarin!", she shouted.

"Spitfire, why would you do this?", Rainbow asked.

"Oh, my dear, sweet, sweet, Dash," Spitfire smiled. It disgusted Rainbow. "I guess I've been a little secretive from you. Let me explain myself. As you've probably found out, we stole Twilight's magic potion, and our powers showed up fast. I have the power of fire, and Misty has the power of air. But, you see, we did a little research on this magic potion. And it said that there is always one pony. One pony that doesn't need the potion. One pony that, if she drinks the potion, her powers won't appear for a few hours, but then they will suddenly show up, rapidly. They will stay with her for the rest of her life."

Everypony looked at Rainbow.

"I have natural powers?", Rainbow slowly asked.

"Yes, Rainbow. It said in one book, 'There is one pony every five hundred years, who recieves super powers. She will accomplish everything that is good'. And I thought to myself, Dash has everything. She's romantic, she's kind, she's energetic, she's athletic, she's everything. She must be the one." She paused. "Then, I thought, 'wait! I need bait! She's not just gonna LET me capture her. I'll get the one thing she cares most about: Soarin.'"

They looked at him.

"What are you saying you're gonna do?", he asked.

"Excellent question," Spitfire said. "But first, I must ask Dash a question."

Rainbow brought herself to look at her, but she couldn't hold back her glare.

"Rainbow, would you be willing to give me your powers?", Spitfire asked her politely.

Rainbow gave her a dry, unhappy laugh, which made Spitfire frown, and growl.

"Very well. I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."