• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 1,892 Views, 22 Comments

Photo Shy - zyr1987



After Fluttershy quits being a model, Photo Finish realizes how big a mistake she made in working her so hard and decides to to seek her out and apologize.

  • ...
7
 22
 1,892

Oh no!

Early the next day, Photo Finish and her assistants entered their Trottingham studio, looking to move forward after the loss of their most successful and profitable model. Photo, taking up her managerial role, said, “We need to take down all these pictures of Flootershy and put them in the backroom. I will see what she wants to do with them when I speak with her next week.”

“Yes ma'am,” the trio said, immediately starting the process of taking them down. Photo Finish joined them, starting with her office. However, it took her longer than it should have because as she moved through, taking down pictures, her eyes kept being drawn to one particular picture. It was one of the pictures she took during Fluttershy's photo shoot in the park. Fluttershy was wearing a simple, translucent green dress and headband, both adorned with a few flowers, designed to draw out her shy, simple beauty, and it worked well at doing just that.

Every time she noticed her eye drifting to it, she scolded herself and turned back to the project at hand. Why she didn't take the picture down and hide it behind the others, no one knows.

When her assistants were done with the main studio, they came into her office, just as she took down the last picture, and placed it on top of the others. Roxie said, “We've put all of the pictures in the studio in the backroom. Do you want us to move the ones in here back there as well?”

“No. I'll do it later. Right now I want you to mail our clients and tell them we have plenty of time for more photo shoots. Also let all the fashion show organizers know that Flootershy has quit and we must cancel our bookings with them.”

“Okay. We're on it.”

Photo Finish watched them leave, then took out some paper, a quill, and ink bottle and started writing a letter to Fluttershy, asking for a meeting with her next week to discuss the fate of her photos and the reasons for her quitting, before adding a PS regarding Fluttershy's last paycheck for 200 bits. She put it in an envelope and set it with the rest of the mail that was to go out later that day, before taking out another piece of paper to write to her brother, Picture Perfect, about what happened. However, she then looked at the picture of Fluttershy that had been distracting her earlier, and strange thoughts about the yellow mare whirled through her head. After she didn't know how long, she broke out of her reverie and looked at the paper, and to her horror, she had unconsciously written a letter.

A love letter. To Fluttershy.

And one of her assistants was walking back to her office, with mail.

Thinking quickly, she covered it up with a blank piece of paper and asked them, “are the letters to our clients ready for delivery?”

“To the magazines, yes. Roxie is working on the fashion shows, and should be here in a minute.”

“Thank you. Just put them on the stack and I'll make sure they get sent out.”

As Powder Rouge left, Photo Finish, acting on impulse, signed her love letter, “Love, an admirer” before covering it up again, and planning its destruction. She then checked the clock and said to Powder Rouge, “Anyway, it's time for lunch.”

“Yep. Are you buying?”

“Yes.” She then popped over to Roxie's desk and asked, “Are you coming to lunch?”

“Yeah, I just want to finish off this last letter and get them all to the post office, and I can meet you there. You know what to get me, right Powder?”

“Yeah, one hayburger, no lettuce, extra tomato.”

“Yep.”

After the other three left, Roxie finished her letter, and, realizing she had no envelopes at her desk, went to Photo Finish's office to get some. While rummaging around for one, she stumbled upon Photo Finish's love letter to Fluttershy, and assumed that it was a piece of fan mail for Fluttershy. She then found a couple envelopes and put her mail in them, leaving one to send off the love letter to Fluttershy, and put the studio's personal mail P.O. Box for the return address on it, and put it in the stack of mail to be delivered before running down to the post office.


When they got back, Photo Finish went to her office to take care of the remaining filing regarding Fluttershy. The first thing she noticed, however, was the blank piece of paper she had used to cover her secret admirer letter had been moved. The second thing was that that letter was gone. She remembered that Roxie had mentioned having to come in here for envelopes and sent off the mail, and realized what must have happened. “Oh, no!” she said.


The next day in Ponyville, Fluttershy sorted through her mail, saying, “Bill, bill, junk, bill...Huh? What's this?” She took out the letter, and, when she saw the return address, assumed it was from a fan that mailed Photo Finish's studio and was surprised to find that it was actually a letter from an admirer.

She read through it several times, trying to find any clue about who it was but was left drawing a blank. She set it aside, intending to write a response later, and looked at the remaining unchecked letter, seeing it was from Photo Finish, who she thought was begging for her to return to the modeling circuit.

She opened it, and read through the letter, surprised to see that it was about Photo Finish wanting to come to meet her to take care of various business related to her now that she was no longer working for her. She wrote back, suggesting a meeting for one week's time at a small outdoor cafe in downtown Ponyville. At this point, there was a knock on the door.

When Fluttershy opened it, it was to reveal Rarity, holding a surprisingly simple new dress. “Hi Fluttershy. I wanted to give you this as my way of apology for talking you into modeling for Photo Finish.”

“Oh, thank you. Um, do you want to come in? I was about to make lunch.”

“Sure.”

They went down to the kitchen where Fluttershy was making a small vegetable salad and the home's owner got out more ingredients, saying “I got two letters from Photo Finish just before you knocked.”

“You did? What were they about?”

“One was just her asking to meet me in Ponyville to decide what to do with all of the photos she took of me and find out why I suddenly quit. The other was, um...a love letter forwarded from an admirer.”

“Ooh! Did the letter say who they were?” Rarity asked, obviously excited.

“No. They just signed as 'an admirer' and the return address was for Photo Finish's studio.”

“Are you going to write back?”

“...I'm not sure. It would be rude of me not to write back, but what would I say?” Fluttershy said.

“Well, if I got a look, I could give you some ideas.”

“Okay, I'll show you the letter after lunch.”

Author's Note:

I'm done with another story, and "Luna Looks For Love" is on hiatus, so I can get back to work on this, Apologies for the long wait