• Published 11th Mar 2012
  • 2,850 Views, 213 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: The Land Downunder - Da Bunnana King

  • ...
22
 213
 2,850

Chapter One: Under a hot tin roof

The Conversion Bureau: The Land Downunder
By Da Bunnana King

Chapter One: Under a hot tin roof
===
-Some where in the bush lands of Ripply-

"Sooooo hot," I complained to myself, whilst lying on my back under the tin roof that was begining to show patches of rust setting in.

I had called that small tin roof my home for the last half year since I had been running ever since. Why was I running? Well I used to be a rifleman for the Army after I was forced to leave school, that and they basically gave me the job because of my family service record with the military and my history with Cadets. So I enlisted and was pushed straight into Basic Training before I was queued to be deployed, but a wrench was thrown into the machine and that wrench was Equestria. So it saved me... kinda, but instead I was placed in with maintaining weapons for the Special Forces and guard a building that kept Brisbane alive.

But the times I did get to go on patrol it was mainly to walk down the streets looking for Human Liberation Front soldiers, they were the main group that was abundant in Australia then anywhere else in the world. So I patrolled and came upon one of their meeting, apparently there were some high ranking members in their so I was ordered to eliminate them all by any means. I went in and did what I had to do, but apparently one of them survived and took his revenge on my family. I never knew who did it but they came to my house and killed my father and criticality injuring my mother.

The doctors said that there was no way to save her, but there was one way but it costed her humanity. She ended up being ponified and then later shipped off to Equestria, I tried to keep in contact but my job was going down the since most of the Officers were getting ponified... heck half of the squad I was in got ponified the rest just joined the HLF. So I ended up being kicked out to the streets with what money I earned, it wasn't a lot but I ended up changing it to Equestrian bits and sending them to mum for safe keeping since the rich only used banks.

So I was on the run most of the time, all I had was the cloths I left with and my two firearms. A L96 and my Colt 1911, I had them long before I joined the Army but I needed them for survival since I had found the one place that the HLF couldn't touch me... the middle of a mine field, I know it seemed good at first but then I began to run out of food and most of the food that was here was wild mutant pig and semi-poisons berries. The reason the mines were there in the first place is because where I had set up used to be an old staging area when the North Koreans and Malaysia invaded Australia long ago, they were still active since I could hear them going off sometimes when some idiot thought he could get to me. But it worked both ways, it kept everything out but left me trapped inside. But to say the least the heat was the part that killed me, my water ran dangerously low so I had to resort to having to purify my urine and then drink it. But today took the cake for worst days, the HLF got a truck and were hunting me all day.

"Guys there's a building over here!" a voice shouted, that sounded like it was coming from over the hill,

"Shit." I muttered under my breath as I picked up the near on broken rifle, I grabbed my pack and all the ammo I had and put my dark green tactical shemagh on since the sun would fry me with in minutes, but I knew that the small tin roof that I called home was going to be gone for good since one of them had some how gotten hold of an RPG.

He fired it at the roof in an attempt to kill me. "Bloody hell they want me dead. Who the fuck did I kill?" I questioned myself, as I ran through the dried grass that surrounded my little home,

"THERE HE IS!!! GET THE PONY FAG!!!" shouted, a deeper voice who had a New South Wales accent, he fired several shots that whistled passed my head, I turned around and fired a shot that landed straight in his gut so he was dead once he hit the ground.

"Got ya you bloody wanka." I said, while cycling the bolt and taking aim on his friend, I hovered the iron sights of the rifle over his head and squeezed, it hit him in his chest causing him to die instantaneously. "Dam, maybe I am losing my edge."

I knew their would be more but where could I go, I had no home, I had no job and I had a price on my head of half a million dollars. One idea popped into my head. "Equestria." I muttered, while I pulled the bolt out to reveal I had wasted all my rounds. "Shit... well looks like I wont need this anyway." I said, to myself since I had made my mind up on the spot so I dropped it and walked off into the sun set.
====

As I walked out of the bush land the land around me changed as it went from dried grass to blackened dirt that inhabited most of Australia now. It was a left over of pollution and global warming, the pollution stained the ground while the sun baked it. Heck even now I could feel the heat of the sun penetrating the polyester of my shemagh, if I didn't wear some form of head protection I would have one sun burnt head and also have terrible blisters.

"Now last time I checked the Bureau was on the western side of the bush and by the looks of the sun I would say I am heading their." I muttered as my orienteering training kicked in, I was in for a long walk but luckly one of the old things I enjoyed had still survived after all the years of abuse it had gone through, my ePlayer. It was a small black one that contained all the music I could get my hands on, even if it meant pirating it form the hypernet. But I didn't care, by the time I reach the bureau I would have to give it away along with my hands.

"If I keep up a steady pace I should be their before night fall," I said to myself out loud.

"And why am I talking to myself these days? Baaah who cares," I said whilst tossing my hands up in the air. I continued down the cracked highway as I could see a small blimp in the distance that emanated light.

"Well it looks like I was right," I said smiling as the Ripply Conversion Bureau was in my sight.
====
Authors Notes: Haaaaayyy guys and girlz. It me Bunnana King your lovable writer here to tell you that I am doing this for the anniversary of the series. So I'll edit it later but for now please accept my humble writing. No I go!
-Bunnana King