• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 89 Comments

Legends of Equestria online - tut895



Being trapped in a game has been the nightmare/dream of all gamers out there. When it happens for real though, what will Jake do to survive?

  • ...
7
 89
 1,642

Chapter 2: The fight at the Acres.

"Why can't we just fast travel there?" I say tiredly. We've been walking for ten minutes, as indicated by the clock directly below my mini map in the top right of my screen.

"Because our current objective is to follow Applejack," Will responds, annoyed with me. "Have you not been paying attention to the objective marker?"

"No." I respond, looking at the objective marker on my mini map. The marker is the purple star that we recognize as Twilight's Element of Harmony.

"Alright," Ed says, pointing to the Entrance to Sweet Apple Acres. "we're almost there." We walk through the opening in the fence, and Applejack turns around.

"Are ya'll sure about this?" Applejack asks, looking at the unsure faces most of us are giving. "Most ponies aint exactly keen on doing this."

Will responds by nodding, a determined look on his face, and Applejack motions for us to follow her.

We go to the Orchards from there, and Applejack points us to where a swarm of Parasprites are chewing through one of her Apple Trees. I ready my axe, since I'll no doubt have to rush blindly in there to start the combat, and Will grabs my shoulder with a firm hand.

"Listen," Will says, "We're stuck in this game, so they probably took out the pain absorber. Their bites will sting like a bee, so watch out."

"Don't worry," I say confidently "I'm supposed to take a lot of damage in combat anyways. I'll be fine." At this I rush into the swarm of Parasprites, and use Flair to attract them.

Matt flies in, and weakens around half of the Parasprites, and I finish three of them with a heavy swing of my axe. Will uses a blinding spell to keep them stunned, and Steven distracts the ones that aren't stunned with his annoying Parrot. He then makes use of it by slashing a few of the blinded ones to death. Xavier throws a Fireball at a tightly wound group of them, and they all dance around the air as they're set on fire.

I feel a sting coming from behind, and realize the Parasprites are awakening from their stunned status. Slowly, but surely, more Parasprites begin to bite me, and the pain is overwhelming; similar to throwing a rock at a Hornet's nest from point blank. I fall to the ground, because my legs are getting weak from the pain of the stings, and my vision gets cloudy as tears work their way into my eyes. Ed fires a volley of arrows, which take out the Parasprites that were attacking me, and Will uses a healing spell to, well, heal me.

The spell works like a Catalyst through my veins, as all the pain fades and an energy rush buzzes through me, and I attack a small cluster that was especially annoying me with their stinging bites. Xavier and Steven take care of two Parasprites that were about to attack me from behind, and I finish the final bugger (pun) that's left.

"What the bloody hell happened there?" Will asks me angrily, as he walks up to me.

"Well, you were right, and damn those bites sting." I say, rubbing my shoulder since it's gone numb from swinging this heavy axe. I can't wait until I level up enough to become a knight so I can just have a sword and shield.

"I told you to watch out you bloke!" Will hisses, rather maliciously, which scares me. "Those things were about to target us, and you were at half health. Another slip up like that and somebody could die!"

"I'm sorry alright!" I retort, yelling at Will. "Next time, you try throwing your own ass into what might as well be a Hornet's nest you asshole! see how you like it." This serious side of Will irritates me more than scares me, and I guess I let that show a bit too much, because Will's demeanor completely changes, and he gives me a small look of fear.

"Listen," He says, his voice low so nobody else can hear us, "I understand that you hate pain, hell you refused to eat anything but soft food when you had Strup throat, but you're the only person with a health bar big enough to take on a good five enemies of equal level solo. So you better do your job or your out of the party." Will points to the health bars in the top left corner of my vision, indicating I'm still in the party, and he's the leader.

A scream coming from behind the rest of the group startles us, and we turn around to see what the source of the scream was. I look at Applejack, who has a look of panic spread across her face, and notice a yellow arm across her neck. I look to the body the arm belongs to, and my breath catches in my throat.

Applebloom has her arm wrapped around Applejack's neck, and is pointing a knife to her temple, as if ready to pierce it. I look at Applebloom's face, hoping to see why she would do this, and notice that her eyes are remotely different from what they were. Her iris' are red, instead of the soothing brown, and the white of her eyes are green, there's also a purple aura protruding from the sides of her eyes that point outward from her face. After a small amount of time spent staring, Applebloom speaks.

"You have two choices, you or her." She moves the knife from Applejack's temple, and positions it under her chin, as if the slit her throat if we choose not to fight her.

"We will take on the fight." Will says. I knew he would choose that, since Applejack is best pony to him.

Applebloom responds by smirking and, after tossing Applejack aside, runs at Will. Will reacts by using a blinding spell to keep her from closing the distance between them, and I use my rush skill, followed by a Flair, to get Applebloom's attention. Ed uses a kneecap skill to keep her where she is, and Matt swoops in with a couple of dive stabs while I use my axe to keep her distracted on blocking my heavier attacks. Steven jumps in and slashes at Applebloom's stomach. She blocks the attack and I use my axe to deal a heavy blow to her arm. Her health bar has now dropped half way, and I go in for another swing. She parries and thrusts her knife towards my neck.

I leap to the left, and the knife digs into my right shoulder. The cold metal stings the wound, and as Applebloom twists the knife further into my shoulder, maniacally smiling all the while, my health bar begins to drop rapidly.

I lift my left hand to Applebloom's knife, and grab on to the open area of the knife grip. I use my strength to pull out the knife, but her strength overpowers mine, so the knife stays put. I look at her level, and see she's a level 4 boss; equal to our strength but better in some ways. No wonder why I can't just pull out the knife like a bad ass and kill her.

Xavier jumps in, by touching my back and sending an electric bolt through my body. The bolt travels through my body, gets conducted by the knife, and electrocutes Applebloom as well as me. She pulls out the knife, and Will heals me, allowing me to use another Flair attack to stun Applebloom.

I use a bash attack to knock her back, and Ed attacks her with a triple arrow, causing her to gasp in pain. Her health bar is now almost entirely empty, and I finish it by lifting my axe, and decapitating her. Gruesome I know, but it's necessary to get a Critical hit for the final hit on a boss, so that I can get a bonus special item.

Applebloom's body drops to the floor, and a screen pops up in front of me, showing what I had earned. Most of the items are just ordinary items, and could be easily split between the group, except for one item at the bottom of the list

Tank type class upgrade. S rarity.

I double click on the item, knowing it will give me much better armor and the royal guard tank class, and my vision fills with white as my body is enveloped in light. I feel armor generate on my body. My axe disappears and is replaced with a one handed broadsword, and shield. The change in weapons feels much lighter, and easier to wield effectively, however my armor feels heavier, and will be a detriment to my movement in combat.

The light around me fades and I'm surrounded by my friends.

"Damn bro," Xavier reacts, "You found a class upgrade?"

"Yeah," I answer nonchalantly "It's not that big of a deal."

"He's right," Will says, "If this were a big deal, we wouldn't be trapped in a game."

I look at Will, realizing why he's been so serious, and my eyes widen with sympathy.

"That's why you've been so contempt with us," I say, my voice soft so I don't sound threatening. "You've just wanted to keep us protected, so that we can all make it back to the real world."

"Yea," Will drops his head to the ground as his eyes tear up, and then he looks up at us. "I've just wanted to keep us all alive, because if we- even one of us- die, I don't know what I would do."

We all form a huddle, though it feels more like a group man hug, and immediately feel awkward as Applejack speaks up.

"Y'all gonna stand there huggin' each other," She says, confused. "or ah ya gonna accept your reward fer helping me wit' them varmints?"

Will separates himself from the man hug, making us all disperse, and nods his head as he walks up to Applejack. Applejack hands him a bag of bits, and he takes it. We all receive 50 bits each, followed by enough experience points to level us all up again. A screen appears in front of me, showing off another new skill I just earned.

Celestial Strike
Using Celestial Strike heavily damages target enemy, and gives them a small burn effect for five seconds.
To cast Celestial Strike, raise your weapon over your head and, once charged, swing the blade downward, hitting your enemy.

"That's a bad ass sounding skill you got there Jacob." Xavier says, "How come you keep getting the good shit?"

"Hey," I retort. "The class upgrade was a final strike bonus, which increased the chances of a rare weapon from my Critical hit."

Xavier just rolls his eyes, and looks to Will.

"What now?" Xavier asks him.

Will turns to Xavier, and says, "Simple, we gather a raid group and rush the dungeon within the Everfree. Hopefully there are enough level fives, given that this is a major dungeon."

We look to the sky. The clear, endless blue looks as beautiful as the ocean, and more stylish with the puffy white clouds slowly snaking through it's sea of air.

"Let's hope," I say, knowing we can make it through this game. "Let's hope people aren't too scared to help us out.

Author's Note:

This chapter was a huge pain to write, mainly because I forgot to save what I wrote twice but that's beside the point. I do hope it still stacks up to the quality of my previous chapters/stories.