• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 89 Comments

Legends of Equestria online - tut895



Being trapped in a game has been the nightmare/dream of all gamers out there. When it happens for real though, what will Jake do to survive?

  • ...
7
 89
 1,642

(End of part one) Chapter 6: A Darkened Entity

I sit there, watching as Black Star bends over to let out a breath he'd been holding for a while. He was the one who had received the Class Upgrade, and upgraded to the Spy Class.

Watching Black Star learn his skills was rather entertaining, as he would get frustrated almost any time he'd fail. He had an especially long time trying to master the cloak skill, but he eventually got it. It was similar to watching my little Sister attempt to master her Bicycle without the Training Wheels.

"Oi," Will says, in order to announce the five minutes are over. "five minutes are up, let's get this boos fight over with. All of you, get into your divisions, and be ready to go in as soon as these doors open."

Will taps the Door, and a white light covers the door. The light slowly dissolves the door, until all we see is the open Castle entrance. The room is big and empty, save for a pedestal in the middle, where the Elements of Harmony were found in the Pilot Episode.

Will goes back into the second Division, and I walk with the first Division. We enter the room, slowly and cautiously, and the door closes once the third Division enters the room. The Sun that was up earlier suddenly disappeared, and got replaced with a full moon. I hear something coming directly in front of me, and I suddenly realize who we're about to fight.

The Torches that dot the walls become lit, illuminating the rooms and confirming my fear.

The midnight blue Alicorn gives a menacing cackle, and everybody else is almost frozen in fear, as we stare Nightmare Moon in the face.

Her reptilian eyes look almost scary, and her blue suit of armor show she's well armored. The most noticeable thing about her is her unnatural height, making her seem more intimidating.

Her weapon of choice, a pitch black Scythe, is set in a battle ready position, so that the fight can begin as soon as the first attack has been performed.

"My god," Xavier says, hopefully not to make some stupid pun that would kill the mood. "She's gigantic. Almost like a-"

"Don't you fucking say it!" Will shouts, cutting him off.

"titan" Xavier says, quietly so that not everybody hears.

The tension right before a battle is something I never thought I would have to experience. The air feels stiff and heavy around me, and I hesitate to start the fight. Some of the other Tanks aren't nearly as nervous as I am though, and rush Nightmare Moon as I'm just snapping out of my fear.

I run with the Thieves, since I hesitated a bit too long, and watch as the Tanks begin their assault on Nightmare Moon. She expertly blocks the majority of the attacks, using the Scythe as if it were a Staff, and casts some form of magic smoke around the tanks. The smoke quickly faded, but nothing had changed. The tanks were still where they were, but they were standing still.

They suddenly went flying backwards, hitting the door we entered through, and quickly fell to the floor. I put my focus onto the blade of the Scythe, which is currently level with the ground, and use my sword to pin it to the ground.

She brings a foot to hit me, and I counter by raising my sword to it. Her leg goes through it, dealing a small amount of damage, and she kicks my face with the strength of an Ox. My head swings to the left, and the rest of my body does the same until my face hits to concrete floors.

The cheek she had kicked goes numb as I stand up again, and ready my Flair skill. I know she's a boss, so she won't be stunned as long as a normal enemy, but it still has a stun effect. I spin, activating the skill, but when I turn to see her she's disappeared.

I feel a palm press against the back of my neck, followed by a short burst of lightning being forced into me from the aforementioned palm. I fall to my knees, and I can't move no matter how hard I try. I look up to my health bar, and notice that I'm paralyzed.

One of the Clerics gets rid of the debuff, and I only have time to turn around and raise my shield before Nightmare Moon's Scythe hits my shield. She takes a step back, dodging a couple of the Thieves that were about to hit her with a tag-team attack. Their Daggers hit the ground, with enough force to penetrate the hard Concrete surface.

I get up fully, and run around them to attack Nightmare Moon head on. I bring my blade to the side, and swing it in a stabbing motion once I get close to the Nightmare (pun pun pun). My blade goes through her, stunning her just long enough for a couple of Warriors to hit her with a good amount of their heavy attacks. The same black fog from before spreads throughout a five meter radius of her, and I raise my shield since I know what's about to come my way.

Whatever deals the damage of that attack must be really powerful, because I was dragged a few feet away from Nightmare Moon even with my shield raised and my feet planted in the ground. I lower my shield and run towards her as she turns around.

I swing my blade from left to right and she blocks it, using her Scythe like a Bo Staff. I maintain a steady rhythm of slashes, which distract her as she gets constantly hit by Thieves, Beast Tamers, and Warriors alike from the back. Black Star gets a critical hit with one of his few offensive skills, and Nightmare Moon stumbles toward me. I stab her in the stomach, and I hear her cough as I shove her off my blade.

Before she falls to the ground, she becomes a wisp of the fog that she used as a knock back attack and comes up behind me. She runs her blade through my back, and quickly removes it. The sting that's left becomes unbearable, and I collapse on the floor. I can feel Matt running up to me, and shaking me until I get back up.

"God dammit man," He comments, a grin on his face. "now's not the time for napping just yet."

I get up, and am quickly healed by a Cleric as Matt and I rush towards Nightmare Moon. We split up, he goes right and I go left, to flank her and leave one area open for her to be hit.

I go in first, hoping to get her attention since that's what my class is designed for, and use my Flair attack. She takes a step back, before using her smoke attack to quickly get behind me. I wheel around and raise my shield to block, but the Scythe's blade never hits me. Instead, she uses the back of the handle to sweep the floor, tripping me, and swings the weapon so that I'm going to face plant right on to the blade. I'm quickly saved by one of the Clerics using a light shield, self explanatory, allowing me to simply bounce right off of the blade, and watch as Matt uses his aerial ability to attack Nightmare Moon from a different side every time. She struggles to block him, but is still able to do it rather swiftly.

I get up, and raise my blade to use Celestial Strike. Since she's essentially Darkness incarnate, this skill should be very effective. I run at her, and swing my blade down once I'm about to bump into her. The sword goes straight through her backside, and she screams as white flames coat her body. I look at her health bar, and am very pleased to see that we've almost killed her entirely.

Nightmare Moon: Level 7 Boss
5,000/70,000

Once the flames die down, she uses her black smoke knock back skill again, this time in every direction, and I don't have the time to raise my shield before the force of whatever it is sends me flying. I hit the giant door we entered though, and fall to the floor with a loud thud.

I try to get up, but for some reason, my body won't allow it. Looking at my health bar, I notice that I'm paralyzed. I look over to Nightmare Moon, and notice that almost everybody else had been hit by the same attack. The only two that were out of range are the aggressive fighter, Matt, and the guy who hasn't even gotten close to an enemy, Steven. This is one hell of a time for the whole 'Moment of truth', but what can you do?

Matt begins rushing his way to Nightmare Moon, and continues with his aerial ace style fighting. Steven stays there, occasionally sending out his bird to everybody's dismay. The bird doesn't have much of an effect on Nightmare Moon, only occasionally making her slash at it so that it stops bugging her, and decides to focus primarily on Matt. Their fight seems to be one of the things you'd see in Anime, but it's definitely something to behold. Matt's sheer speed and effectiveness with his wings allow him to get a few heavy hits on Nightmare Moon every few seconds, slowly whittling down her health.

Nightmare Moon finally figures out Matt's flight path, and hits him in the gut with the handle of her weapon. Matt, taken by surprise from the sudden offensive, flies backwards and hits the ground before sliding a couple of feet. He quickly gets up, but is greeted by the blade of Nightmare Moon's Scythe. She sends the blade straight through Matt's stomach, and swings it upward, bringing Matt with it, until it hits the ground that was behind her.

She lets the blade out of Matt, and gives him a roundhouse kick as soon as he stands up. Matt's body spins around in response to the kick, and Nightmare Moon gives a stunning attack as soon as Matt's back is turned to her. Matt falls to his knees, and Nightmare Moon begins to swing her blade back, as a finishing move. Only now to I realize what Matt's health is at, and it scares me.

Matthew: Level 6 Thief
Health:0/1,200 (in realism mode.)

I shout Steven's name, while slowly turning my head to look at him, and see that he's just staring at his blade with a shaky body, contemplating if he should attack Nightmare Moon. He looks over to us, and something in him snaps; his hand tightens around his sword, and his face goes to one of confidence. I give a smile, knowing that he can save Matt, but everything quickly changes when a couple spots of blood splash onto my face.

I look over to Matt, and see that Nightmare Moon's scythe had pierced through his neck. She removes the blade, and Matt falls to the floor, choking on his own blood. I feel a weight lift off of me, and notice that I'm not paralyzed anymore. I get up, but before I can run to attack Nightmare Moon a scream fills the air and draws my attention. I look to see Ed running after Nightmare Moon, anger and hate in his eyes. He pulls out one of his arrows, and begins using it as a melee weapon. He slashes at Nightmare Moon with his arrow, and she easily blocks it. I run after her alongside the rest of the first division, though I'm trying to prevent another death of one of my friends.

I lower my blade, dragging it across the floor, and look at my health bar to make sure I can use Judgement. My health bar has a fiery red hue to it, telling me that I'll be able to use it. I stay back for a minute, allowing the skill to charge more before I run into the fray, and wait until my sword glows white to indicate that I can use the skill before running at her with all my might.

For some reason, I get a speed boost and run straight through the rest of the first Division with my trail of white flame behind me. Nightmare Moon sees me, and begins to swing her blade downward as I get close. I block it with my shield, making it bounce upwards before I send my sword upward to activate Judgement.

I think that charging this skill more allows it to be more effective, because this time it just kills Nightmare Moon entirely, instead of the weaker attack that I had used on the Dragon. She disappears along with the white flames of Judgement, and a screen appears infront of me and everybody.

Everfree Forest major dungeon completed
Please wait a week for the Old Castle to become a Hub for higher level players.

I close my message, and look at the Final hit bonus that I had received.

Night's shield
+5 Parry
+2 Block
+10% Health

I only have enough time to equip the item before I pass out.


I awake to the sound of cheerful voices, and look around to see what's going on. I'm back at Sugarcube corner, and everybody's celebrating the completion of our mission. Everybody but Ed and Steven it seems.

"Oh hey," The sound of Xavier's voice makes me look around to locate him. "the Rat Bastard's awake." I feel a hand slap me from behind, and look to see Will and Xavier.

"Where's Ed and Steven?" I ask, wanting to know most of everything before I get on with the party. Will answers me with a bit too much nonchalance.

"Eh, I think Steven went to mope or something, and Ed's a bit too melancholic right now for a party." Before I even have time to respond, my vision is invaded by a bouncy pink blob.

"What!?" I hear the screech of a pink Party Pony, followed by the surprised shouts coming from her. "How can anypony not be up for a party?"

I look to Will, and he just shrugs as he hands me a slice of cake on a plate. A fork impaling the cake as if it had done some kind of crime.

I grab the cake happily, and take a bite before contemplating if this place really could be so bad. All we have to do is ward off monsters and continue our mission of clearing out the Major Dungeons, and we could have on hell of a time here, right?

Author's Note:

So, let me explain what this "End of Part One" means. Basically, when we reach the end of whatever part of a story arc in this story, it'll be going into Hiatus so I can plan what's going to happen next, and to write some random story, which will usually be a One-Shot.