• Published 20th Dec 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 89 Comments

Legends of Equestria online - tut895



Being trapped in a game has been the nightmare/dream of all gamers out there. When it happens for real though, what will Jake do to survive?

  • ...
7
 89
 1,642

(prologue of part two) Chapter 6.5: One month later

The hellish sound of an Alarm clock awakens me, and I tiredly grab the wire powering the aforementioned device before pulling it out. Will stirs in his bed, and I open my eyes to make sure we don't actually have to get up. Will gets off his bed and claps his hands to awaken everybody else. I push my sheets away from me, and equip my armor with a groan.

"When are they gonna add some fuggin' Coffee that actually works in this game?" I hear Xavier speak, his voice still slurred from the eccentric party we had last night celebrating our victory against another Guild of Defilers. We call anybody who kills other players a Defiler since they have a tendency to steal the dead Player's equipment and Defile their body in some Gruesome way.

"If I knew, I would tell you." Will says, answering Xavier's question. "But for now we gotta go see if the Info Corps have thought of anything for the answer to the clue we received after defeating Nightmare Moon." Will has been obsessed with figuring out what the hint we got means, since it doesn't really seem to be something that we would immediately be able to solve with the horrible hint we recieved.

Xavier gets up alongside Steven, who's still half asleep as he doesn't even equip his weapons. All he does is change his expression to something more alert looking, and runs out the door. He's been doing that for the past week, and I've been meaning to ask why. I've never gotten the chance, since Ed gives him the stink eye any time they're together, and that makes Steven more jumpy than a Rabbit.

"I shtill think we shouldn't have to get up so early." Xavier says, leaning his body on the door that leads to the Bathroom. I walk up to him and snap my fingers, a telltale sign for him to wake up. But he just waves his hand in my face. "No, I'm not moving from here until I get my Breakfast." I look over to Will, and he just shrugs as he kneels down to awaken Ed from his troubled slumber.

"If you'd actually move around," I say, continuing my efforts to wake Xavier. "then you'd be able to get your Breakfast and the Shower Water isn't going to be cold." This gets Xavier into a state of alertness, and he equips his cloaks as Ed gets up and we all walk down into the icy Ponyville streets.


Xavier walks out from the Bathroom, his junk covered only by a towel, and begins rummaging through his Backpack to decide what he's going to sell after begin showered with who knows what ungodly things from last night. I open my menu, and a private message pops up in front of me.

From: System
To: All
Subject: EVENT!

Hello faithful players, as you know the new year is almost upon us. In honor of your time and enjoyment being spent in this game, we've set up and event in this game that I believe will help raise some spirits:THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA

For the entirety of Tomorrow night, the Canterlot major dungeon will be re-skinned into a New Years themed party, allowing everybody to dance and enjoy themselves until the next day, were it would be wise to leave before it becomes a Major dungeon again.

I close the message, and look up to see my friends doing the same. Xavier gets a grin, and begins to say something I really wish he wouldn't.

"Aww hell yeah, gonna get even more pu-" Xavier is cut off by Will punching him in the face, sending him into a spin before he collapses onto the floor.

"You guys are okay with me punching him right?" Will says, lowering his fist back to the side of his hip. Xavier stands up, holding his nose, and gives Will a glare.

"Ya know, you should say that BEFORE you punch me." Xavier says, retaliating.

Will shrugs, and gives a smirk.

"Now where's the fun in that?" Will asks, giving Xavier a cocky glare. Xavier flips the bird towards Will, and sends him a duel request. Will looks at it, and hesitantly declines it. He brings his finger up to Xavier's lips before he has a chance to say anything that would make him look dumb.

"Shh, baby..." Will says, creeping out everybody, "it's alright,"

"Will..." Xavier begins to talk, trying to get Will off of him.

"Don't worry, we'll be together forever."

"Will I'm not-"

"It's okay baby, we can go far away." This sentence make Xavier flip out, and he quickly pushes Will away from him. Will just laughs it off, and begins walking out the door. I couldn't say for sure where, but my guess would be to fast travel all the way over to the Lost Castle so we could train for more leveling up before losing ourselves at the Gala.

I look over to the party menu, and can't help but be disappointed we haven't leveled up nearly as much as I thought we would.

Jake
Royal Guard: LVL 13
HP: 1,569/1,569
MP: 313/313
Celestial Crusaders

Xavier
Mage: LVL 13
HP: 941/941
MP: 1,412/1,412

Will
Cleric: LVL 13
HP: 1,098/1,098
MP: 1,443/1,443

Steven
Beast Tamer: LVL 13
HP: 1,192/1,192
MP: 1,255/1,255

Ed
Archer: LVL13
HP: 1,082/1,082
MP: 627/627



We open the gigantic concrete doors that lead us to the old castle, allowing us to continue to what was once the biggest battle we've fought so far. I look at the round tables we've set up through the seemingly pointless house gimmick that most MMOs have, which I tend to never use unless I've already beaten the game and want to keep playing to help out my friends.

Will walks up to the person who we've put in charge, a guy by the name of Vax, and begins asking him about the clue. Vax adorns a large robe, indicating that he's a mage, and has a spiky slicked back light purple mane. His purple skin allowed him to be easily visible, so that we don't have much trouble finding him, and his cutie mark is an eye which tells us that he should be good with finding things, or solving puzzles, or something along those lines.

"So," Will says, finally finished with his greetings. "have you gotten any breakthroughs with this hint?"

"Well," Vax responds, pushing his glasses further up his nose bridge, "It's apparent that this hint was never meant to be able to help us solve the mystery of Despair's identity on it's own. But we have received one suggestion, as Ludicrous as it is."

I look over to the table where the hint is, and it takes most of my mental ability not to facepalm as I look at the letter G sitting on our examination table. The hint we fought for was the letter G.

"I don't care how unusual it may be, I wanna hear every suggestion possible to expand our ideas." Will says. Vax just sighs and pushes his glasses further up his nose bridge before responding.

"The suggestion," He says. "is that whoever Despair is, he's a straight up G."

Our heads swivel in Xavier's direction, and my hand balls into a fist as I see him suppressing a smile horribly.

"Let's just go to the hunting area and get today's training over with okay?" Will says, leaving his hand on his forehead from a facepalm he must have recently done.


"Dammit Jake behind you!" Ed shouts. I turn to meet the foe that had flanked me and am greeted by a Timberwolf that's about to take a large bite of my face.

I lean backwards and bring my left leg up, activating my new flip kick attack. The wolf is hit in the chin and suffers the stun debuff that comes with using flip kick. Once I land I swing my sword back and slice downwards, effectively getting a critical hit on it's neck. Ed hits it with a kneecap, immobilizing it, and Xavier finishes it off with an icicle spear attack.

The wolf evaporates, as per the norm in this game, and I'm gifted with a new sword that I equip as soon as I read the stats.

Mourning Wood Slayer

+5 attack
-3 accuracy
+2 malice
-5% magic

I make sure Xavier didn't see it, knowing he would give some idiotic pun, and rejoin the group as Xavier struts around in his newest cloak happily.

"What ya got?" I ask as he does a twirl which almost makes his wand hit me in the face. He finishes turning and replies in a laid back tone.

"A new cloak," He replies, "what else would it be? This baby has a +10% magic boost." I nod my head to show my light surprise as Ed changes the subject.

"Where'd Steven go?" He says, looking around to see if Steven is within eyesight. We all begin looking around as well, figuring that he couldn't have gone too far. I open up my map and begin looking around for the green dot that represents a party member.

"Ah ha!" I say, directing my finger to the green dot located at the Old Castle. "He's at the weapons shop, his sword must've been destroyed."

"Speaking of which," Xavier says, twirling his wand as if it were a baton "I need to repair my stuff before we begin 'packing' for the Gala." With a nod from Will we all begin walking towards the old castle to get Xavier's stuff repaired and to take a break before hitting both the fields and our Hotel room in Ponyville in preparation for the Gala.

Author's Note:

I get that this really is filler, but come two weeks we'll get something that actually deals with story. woo