• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 359 Views, 11 Comments

A Night's return and his Flare. - BlastingCap



Nightwing traumatized from the deaths of his best friend Hunter has vanished four months wondering the war torn Equestrian landscape, but after a old friend finds him, so has the war.

  • ...
4
 11
 359

A plan devised

A plan devised

The door opened making everypony including Celestia stop and look at the pony that came dumbstruck that she is able to walk let alone using her magic to open the door. They all stared at the purple unicorn as she limped to a sat next to Celestia at the Holotable.

“Twilight I thought you were still in your hospital bed? Why are you here?” Celestia asked with a some worry in her voice remembering Twilight’s “episodes” after somehow teleporting to the front of the castle.

Twilight sat on the pillow next to Celestia. “I was in my hospital bed but, I am one of your strategic officers so I am here to help. I hear that we have take Baltmare but, we have taken massive casualties and that we are planning to take Applelusa in four days. Am I correct?” she looked at Celestia with an emotionless face.

“Yes, you are correct my dear friend. But, how did you come by this information?” she said with an raised eyebrow.

Twilight looked up at her former teacher with a smile. “A lady never gives her secrets but, back to the plan to take Applelusa.” as she pressed a button that turned to a top view show the enforcements and trenches. “they have about five hundred troops but they are all good shots and are expected to kill about five of our soldiers each. I say we take out there heavy infantry with a mixture of plasma artillery and smart bombing runs. If we take out their heavy infantry.” she paused as she pressed another button show a simulation of artillery hitting the trenches reducing the numbers to about three hundred then, the bombs hit reducing the numbers greater to about a hundred. “Now, then when the barrage is done we send infantry to finish off the rest and casualties on our side I expect to be about one in ten.” She paused as she looked everyone of Celestia’s advisors that were dumbstruck at the thought out plan. “But, this will only work if I can get full cooperation from all of you ponies. Agree?” she raised an eyebrow. They all nodded. “Good and the attack will begin in two days.”


Celestia smiled at her former student as she told her plan with such confidence. She lowered her mouth to Twilight’s ear. “Are you sure this is going to work?”
Without even moving her head. She whispered “I’m not su-” she was interrupted by five ponies in full armor as they burst through the door.

One of them took off their helmet reveling the rainbow colored mane of Rainbowdash, who’s face was sick with fear. “I have a message.”

Twilight and Celestia both looked at her. “What is it Rainbowdash?” as Twilight moved closer to her friend.

She gulped before she spoke “The message is the Black Cobra has returned.” Dread was the only thing that spoke the words

Celestia and Twilight looked at each other confused. “Who?”

Rainbow didn’t say anything but, showed a small flash drive in her hoof as she held it out. Twilight took it with her magic and placed it in the Holotable and a 3D video of Nightwing with his pistol aimed at the pony with burning warthogs behind him and he said “I want you to tell your commanders that the Black Cobra has returned and I am going to end this war even if I have to tear down the Canterlot castle brick by brick. You got that?” the pony’s helmet shook. He continued “now, get the fuck out of here and count yourself lucky that I gave you mercy and tell them that I won‘t give anymore even for Celestia herself.”

Celestia froze at the mention of her name and with a soft mutter that nopony could hear she said “Shit”