• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 359 Views, 11 Comments

A Night's return and his Flare. - BlastingCap



Nightwing traumatized from the deaths of his best friend Hunter has vanished four months wondering the war torn Equestrian landscape, but after a old friend finds him, so has the war.

  • ...
4
 11
 359

Let the snow fall

Let the snow fall

“Wake up Nightwing.” a voice took him out of his dream. Nightwing mentally sighed as the dream of Ditzy fade along with his daughter, Dinky.

He looked around to see that Mist was waking him up as Pip was driving the warthog. “What’s going on?” as he rubbed his head before putting back on his helmet.

“We are almost there and I was afraid that you were dead. You have been asleep for about fifteen hours.” his eyes filled with worry.

“That is not the longest I have slept, so don’t worry about it.” He turned his head to Pip. “So, how far we away from the enemy battery?”

“We are about an five minutes away before we have to hoof it and book it. Then, about a three hour walk to where we need to place the charges and take out the communication stations. So, what is the plan to take the place with only three ponies, an S2 Rocket launcher, an LR Sniper rifle, fifteen two pound blocks of C4, twelve grenades, two assault rifles, one shotgun, and one Warthog with only seven thousand rounds that can be spent in about two minutes against an enemy that has about a hundred times our arsenal along with plasma weapons and energy swords?” he said as he began to slow to a stop.

“The plan on how we take the place with only three ponies, an S2 Rocket launcher, an LR Sniper rifle, fifteen two pound blocks of C4, twelve grenades, two assault rifles, one shotgun, and one Warthog with only seven thousand bullets that can be spent in about two minutes against an enemy that has about a hundred times our arsenal along with plasma weapons and energy swords; we are going to take out the guards with the suppressed sniper rifle at night then, sneak into the artillery field place the charges on the guns. When they begin to fire the charges will explode destroying the gun then, we begin the assault on the communication stations.” he stopped as Mist, Pip and himself crawled up on the hill with Nightwing placing the rifle in front of him with the setting sun behind them.

The suppressed crack of rifle was the only sound that the other guards heard as one of their own dropped. They looked at the guard. Nightwing placed the reticle of the sniper rifle on another guard. He fired and dropped before she could hear the crack. The guards started to look where the shots were coming from but, as one was about to raise the alarm, a bullet ripped from the barrel into the pony’s skull dropping him just a foot away from the alarm. Nightwing made quick work of the last two guards of the gate. He got up from the gun and popped his neck.

“Damn that thing kicks like a bitch.” as he took his assault rifle from his side and racked the charging handle. “Now, Pip I want you behind the gun and report any ponies that may be approaching our position then, kill any pony that finds us and tries to get to the alarms here, here and here.” Nightwing pointed on a map of the complex to three spot all well within Pip’s level on the rifle. “the scope will take care of any elevation but, you are going to have to counter for wind.” Pip nodded and got on the gun with a smile. He turned his head to Mist. “Alright, Mist with Pip covering us we can go inside and destroy the ten plasma artillery guns and five tanks. You got those C4 blocks?”

“Do you have a shit load of ammo?” as Mist showed to bag on his left side.

“Lets do this.” Nightwing said as he went to the gate and kicked it open.
Mist followed with a tactical clear behind the wall of one of the communication stations.

“Two ponies to your coming to your right.” Pip’s voice came from the coms.

Nightwing and Mist reacted by moving forward right into one of the shadows from the stations. The guards were talking about the attack being moved to tomorrow. When they went around a corner Nightwing looked at Mist and raised his hoof then, waved it forward signaling to move around the corner. Nightwing went around the corner to see about ten guns ready to go.

Mist pressed his com. “Pip, this is the frozen fox. Do you copy?”

“I copy, what’s going on?” static took his voice.

“The attack is going to happen tomorrow, report this to Capt. Sliver. Frozen Fox over and out.” he let go of the com as Nightwing snuck to one of the guns.

“Yes, sir. Pip over and out.”

Mist caught up with Nightwing at the first gun who was kneeling with his rifle pointing at the nearest door. “Set the charge and I will keep watch.”

Mist nodded as he took a charge out of his bag and crawled under the gun. He was under there for a few moments before he crawled out. “Alright, the charge is set when they start the generator BOOM.”

They repeated this with six other artillery then, all of the tanks. Nightwing looked up as he realized that it was getting lighter as Mist did the seventh gun. “Mist, we have to hurry it is getting light out and the Shit is about to hit the fan.”

“Alright, we just have three guns left.” Mist said as he picked up the bag.

“Um, guys we have a problem.” Pip said over the coms his voice is fill with fear.

“What’s wrong, Pip?” Nightwing responded.

“An entire battalion of soldier is coming your way and have found the bodies of the guards from the gate! And they are pissed the fuck off.! Do you have the S2?”

“SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!” was all that Nightwing replied through the coms. “Get out of there Pip get back to the warthog and return to Applelusa right now then, tell Capt. Sliver that we will hold off the attack as much as possible. But, yes we have the S2 and your SPARTAN Laser. Just take the Sniper rifle and get the fuck out of here! AND THAT IS AN ORDER!”

Nightwing looked at Mist who had did two of the last three. “Mist, get fucking ready we are going to have the fuck fight of our life because this is going to get bloody.”

Mist came to his side with the S2 on his side with his shotgun in his hoofs. He pumped the gun as the battalion started to surround them guns pointed at them. “It’s a good day to die. Don’t agree.” Mist said as he pumped the gun.

Nightwing checked his mag and charged the rifle. He shouldered it and a single snow flake landed on the end of his barrel. “ya, but, this is what I say to that. Let the snow fall and get out alive.” A storm of snow and ice was mixed with a storm of fire and lead.