• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 359 Views, 11 Comments

A Night's return and his Flare. - BlastingCap



Nightwing traumatized from the deaths of his best friend Hunter has vanished four months wondering the war torn Equestrian landscape, but after a old friend finds him, so has the war.

  • ...
4
 11
 359

a war of change

A War of change.

The bike hit the dirt of the road sending rock everywhere he went. The moon was rising in the east as he rode down the road of the wasteland. Destroying the silence of the wastelands. Seeing Pip after all this time has surprised him. But, he knew that they him find eventually. What surprised him the most is the how long it took them. He sighed and closed his eyes for a second. As he closed his eyes he began to lose control of the bike.

“DAMN, DAMN IT ALL TO HELL!” he began yelled as the bike it a solid on the road making him flip. The bike went airborne everything to him seemed to go in slow motion the blood on the road, the fallen weapons and the bodies. Using his one wing he balanced himself in the air and landing on his hoofs sliding on the ground. The same can not go for his bike as it began to tumble end over end before sliding on it’s side to a stop. Nightwing looked over to see what he hit. It was a soldier shot in the back of the head. He looked around him seeing nothing short of a massive battle. He looked at the radar inside his visor, no signs of life. He sighed as he walked to his bike but, stopped before he could touch the bike. A ping on the radar made his eyes flash to it. A single yellow dot. His eyes began to scan the area of the battle a single body was moving. Nightwing galloped to the pony. His face was on the ground. Nightwing took off his helmet before he turned the soldier over to see the SE emblem across the left of his chest rig but, before he could react. The soldier gasped as he faced up to the sky. His eyes were filled with fear as he saw Nightwing but, that was quickly erased as he began to hyperventilate as shock was starting to set in. He quickly slapped a envelope into Nightwing’s hoof.

“Please send this to” he breath starting to take voice. “to my son, he is on your side.” the breath began to fade with his last breath he pushed a word. “Thanks.” his eyes went blank with death taking him. Nightwing looked at the letter and saw one name. “S. Mist” he looked at the dead pony who’s face had a weak smile.

“You’re welcome and may you rest in piece, brother.” he began to walk to his bike when his ears perked up at the sounds of a large volley of plasma discharge. He looked up at the sky to see the sight of about fifteen plasma artillery rounds ripping through the dust and sand in the air about a mile away in the north of him near Applelusa. “well, that is just great.” He thought sounding like a slogan. He looked down to see a NLR S2 rocket launcher laid across a dead soldier’s chest. He picked it up and placing it on his back. He ran to his bike and setting it up. He got on and revved the engine. He tore down the dirt and rocks as he looked at the sky where the first round hit the only tree within miles of it. Nightwing chuckled. “They must hate trees or something.”


Nightwing looked into the illuminated space in front of his bike. He took a deep breath as he got closer to the tree. But, the crack of a bullet going by his visor snapped him out of his little world. He looked to his right to see a dust storm coming with warthogs leading the way, all of them firing their mounted guns. Bullets hitting his shields sending it almost into the red.

“oh, how I miss this.” he smiled under his visor.

A round hit right in front of an NLR warthog and it crashing into the crater. Just he came to the crater Pip stuck out his head. The white and brown stallion was scared shitless as Nightwing slide not six inches way from his head. Nightwing smiled as he stared death back in the face, again.

“It’s good to be back.” He thought as he parked the bike, rounds hitting the ground in front of him.