• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 359 Views, 11 Comments

A Night's return and his Flare. - BlastingCap



Nightwing traumatized from the deaths of his best friend Hunter has vanished four months wondering the war torn Equestrian landscape, but after a old friend finds him, so has the war.

  • ...
4
 11
 359

a soft return

A soft return.

The barrels of the gun spun at a monstrous rate as it spat out lead to the enemy. The warthogs began to circle the crater shooting at any opportunity they can. Pip help up bubbles as he woke up.

“you alright, Bubbles?”

Bubbles rubbed the dirt off his suit. “I’m fine but, I wish ponies would stop calling me bubbles.”

“OK, IF YOU TWO ARE FINISHED BEING ACQUAINTED, PICK UP YOUR FUCKING RIFLES AND SHOOT THESE BASTARDS BEFORE THEY HIT MY BIKE!” Nightwing screaming as the adrenaline coursed through his veins. Pip looked above with his rifle to see that Nightwing has taken out three of the warthogs leaving six left.


One of the ponies yelled “Frag out.” throwing a grenade into the crater.

Bubbles smiled as he ran up the wall and jumped on his hind legs with his hoofs he held the end of his barrel. “Batter up!” as he hit the grenade with the butt of his rifle sending it under one of the warthog. The explosion hit the gas tank sending it into air and landing on another that didn’t see it in time. The warthog landed on the other one making it into a burning pile. The screams of the ponies in the warthog could be heard even over the roar of the mounted gun.

“Pip, I got three rockets and we need to take out two more! Got that!” as the gun went empty. “God damn it, Motherfucker!” he hit the gun but, it was no use. He picked up his rifle and began to fire using the armor plating as cover. A high powered bullet hit Nightwing’s shoulder shattering his shields, making a large dent in his armor. “Fuck.” he swung his rifle to the warthog that shot him. “Don’t fucking mess with a Spartan and his friends!” as he shot the entire magazine into the warthog bursting its tires sending it into a tale spin. As it crashed into a large rock the surviving ponies got out and began to rush toward him, firing. One of them flashed a energy sword when he climbed out. The memory of Ditzy’s death awoken a rage that has been waiting to come out.

“AHHHHHHHHH” Nightwing began to sound a battle cry when he jumped on the gun and using it for leverage he jumped into the air toward the ponies climbing out of the wreck warthog. He got to the speed when he could fly. He landed and began to slid on the ground on his flank, using the S2 with his right shoulder and hoof he shot two of the warthogs, and using his left hoof to shoot his rifle at the surviving ponies. He slid into a rock making him do a front flip with his rifle he shot a pony in the head. One of the warthogs went straight focused on running him over. As he landed he stood on his hind legs and shot the last rocket into the warthog without looking hitting it in front sending flipping over him into a burning pile of metal.

The last warthog stop with the ponies inside staring at the Spartan with pure terror. The gunner tried to fire on him but, it was empty. Nightwing dropped the S2 and looked at the driver. He drew his pistol, shooting the gunner and passenger. He walked to the warthog with the driver panicking and trying get out of the warthog. When he got to it, the young mare that was driving fell out onto the ground and was shaking in fear. “I want you to tell your commanders that the Black Cobra has returned and I am going to end this war even if I have to tear down the Canterlot castle brick by brick. You got that?” the pony nodded still trembling. “now, get the fuck out of here and count yourself lucky that I gave you mercy and tell them that I won‘t give anymore even for Celestia herself.” as he walked back to the crater. The pony stumbled onto the last warthog and drove back west were it seemed their base is.

Bubbles and Pip jaws open dumbstruck on how that he single hoofingly took out six warthogs while Pip and Bubbles together only took out three. They were thankful that the dust storm has stopped the artillery barrage. “alright, I will help you get your warthog out then, you can lead the way because I’m here to stay.”